Darragh Ryan retires

Started by turk, December 03, 2006, 11:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turk

I see where Darragh Ryan has retired. I had a lot of time for him, there was no horseshite about him. Probably the right time to go though.

My all time Darragh Ryan memory was when Cork were hammering Wexford in the semi final replay in 2003 - Setanta O'HailpĂ­n caught a great ball near the end and was being hassled by Ryan and another lad and did well to hold them both off to win the free. When the free was awarded, Setanta held up the sliothar into Darragh Ryan's face gesturing. Ryan flicked his hurl and gave him a belt on the paw. Not a pleasant stroke! And got booked while Setanta was lying down crying - like i said no horseshite about him

Redhandfan

Was a superb full back.  Tough and very consistent.

Jack Dempsey

When at his peak there have been better imo. Pity the injuries shortened the time we got to see him play.

lynchbhoy

fantastic dual player
prob wasted at FB imo

magpie seanie

Yeah, sad to see him go. He was some horse of a player.

Bord na Mona man

Very intelligent player. His positional sense was uncanny. He could judge the dropping ball to perfection and really commanded his position.

He always looked calm and collected. He rarely had to rush a clearance as he could find space to strike, or else lay it off. On some really bad Wexford days, he was usually one of their few players who emerged with any credit.