Things you don't often see at GAA matches anymore................

Started by SouthArmaghBandit, June 21, 2007, 12:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 23, 2007, 05:31:29 PM
Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 23, 2007, 05:12:47 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 23, 2007, 04:25:12 PM
Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 23, 2007, 02:16:56 PM
Quote from: Davitt Man on July 23, 2007, 02:14:44 PM
Quote from: longball on July 23, 2007, 01:37:29 PM
captain and managers coming into the oppositions changing room after the game and wishing them all the best in the remainder of league championship etc
and mayo!

Ive seen it in Junior football in Dublin

I haven't

Im fairly sure I can remember it in a few Championship games.

Haven't seen it in either league or championship. Saying that don't usually have too many rounds of the championship... At home it was the norm and expected to be honest.

yeah, it's the norm in laois at all levels...
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Louth Exile

Was at three club championship games at the weekend and noticed something you DO see now that wouldn't have been there until recent times...

Any amount of supporters with their club polo shirts or county jackets
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

thebandit

And isn't it great to see. 7/8 years ago it was all soccer jerseys

donegal gael

knee bandages - 10-15 years ago at least one player in every team nealy wore one.. suppose players/managers look after their injuries better nowadays as well as advancements in training and medical expertise

Louth Exile

Quote from: hardstation on August 30, 2007, 01:18:21 AM
There was a phase when some eejits thought that wearing knee bandages made you look cool or made you look like a good player. I remember a boy at my club who was never injured (simply because he wouldn't go for a ball if there was someone within 10 yards of him) who wore one every game (never at training). The same boyo wore a gum shield along with a helmet with a visor. He had the best shin guards going and wore ashguards on both hands. He got a lot of stick and was nicknamed 'The Terminator'.

Sounds more like and ice hockey goalie than a hurler!!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com