Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Quote from: trailer on May 09, 2023, 02:26:39 PM
The foundations of the GAA is based on volunteerism and the clubs. Those members should always be sorted first. If then tickets are left over for non members then great but if not then it is tough unfortunately.
At least it isn't on GAAGO.

I agree with the principle, but it doesn't account for volunteers/member who no longer live in their home county.

trailer

If you are complaining about the cost of Casement and whether there is a need or not and you haven't got tickets for Sunday then I want to hear from you!

westbound

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 09, 2023, 02:46:06 PM
The foundations of the GAA is based on volunteerism and the clubs. Those members should always be sorted first. If then tickets are left over for non members then great but if not then it is tough unfortunately.

I agree with the principle, but it doesn't account for volunteers/member who no longer live in their home county.

Agreed (I'm in a similar position - but not from Derry/Armagh).
But doesn't the season ticket solve this problem?

trailer

Doesn't every club in Ulster have a right to tickets? If you are a member of a local club then ask them.
I got tickets to the All Ireland Hurling final last year this way. Got two tickets for me and my son.

Louther

Quote from: JimStynes on May 09, 2023, 02:44:07 PM
Sure isn't it great to see the demand! The boom is back.

The thing is if people really want tickets and chase them down, vast majority who want them will be in Clones on Sunday.

JimStynes

Quote from: Louther on May 09, 2023, 03:01:15 PM

The thing is if people really want tickets and chase them down, vast majority who want them will be in Clones on Sunday.

As I said previously though, nevermind the demand for tickets. The fact that Ulster's biggest game in years is being played in a Third World standard stadium. It's embarrassing how run down the place is. Getting in and out of the place is a disaster too!

Cavan19

Nothing to stop them from supporting the local club and paying their membership anyway.

Louther

Quote from: JimStynes on May 09, 2023, 03:06:50 PM

As I said previously though, nevermind the demand for tickets. The fact that Ulster's biggest game in years is being played in a Third World standard stadium. It's embarrassing how run down the place is. Getting in and out of the place is a disaster too!

Aye, Casement should have been built for this game and then, fingers crossed, it be full again in 5 or 6 years. Probably for a soccer or rugby game.

square_ball

Ulster GAA Facebook page getting a right good battering. The usual Grab All Association line being trotted out and calling club members casuals and armchair fans amongst the abuse. I'd have thought it was the other way around a person who follows county only being the casual.

Armagh and Derry fans will have some shock when they see how All Ireland final tickets are distributed if either get that far. . .

trailer

Quote from: JimStynes on May 09, 2023, 03:06:50 PM

The biggest kip I know. A f**king embarrassment to the GAA.

An Watcher

Give me the shit stadium, the queues, the walk up the hill, the uncovered stand every day of the week before a state of the art casement Park.  I want to see casement built but it won't have one bit of the atmosphere of clones both inside and outside the stadium.  A great venue and not a prawn sandwich in sight

Armagh18

Quote from: An Watcher on May 09, 2023, 03:29:16 PM
Give me the shit stadium, the queues, the walk up the hill, the uncovered stand every day of the week before a state of the art casement Park.  I want to see casement built but it won't have one bit of the atmosphere of clones both inside and outside the stadium.  A great venue and not a prawn sandwich in sight
I can put up eith it being a shit hole, genuinely doesn't bother me at this stage. It's the fact that its too small to meet the demand

Armaghtothebone

So, no tickets through ticketmaster.ie.
All through the clubs.
Wonder how many people will be at their first county game this year, ( or indeed many years)
But as far as the GAA is concerned F@&K those of us who travelled to Roscommon and Kerry to support our team.

Cavan19

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on May 09, 2023, 03:37:30 PM
All through the clubs.
Wonder how many people will be at their first county game this year, ( or indeed many years)
But as far as the GAA is concerned F@&K those of us who travelled to Roscommon and Kerry to support our team.

What do you want them to do the capacity is not there and the protocol is to look after the members.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on May 09, 2023, 03:37:30 PM
All through the clubs.

I keep seeing messages like this on social media. I really don't know if putting them on general sale was going to solve the problem. That was going to give access to every bandwagoner and tout and definitely lead to loads of tickets in the wrong hands.

The season ticket is great for people who go to all the games and aren't involved with clubs. I do think the system could be opened up more to reward loyalty of fans who do attend numerous games during the year (but not necessarily every game).