Armagh vs Clare 2018 R3 AI Qualifier - Athletic Grounds

Started by Solo_run, June 25, 2018, 04:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: mackers on June 26, 2018, 11:42:57 AM
Quote from: illdecide on June 25, 2018, 09:30:58 PM
Quote from: regal on June 25, 2018, 08:47:07 PM
Folks, is there any chat of any of the u20s being involved on Saturday. Most notably, mcquillan, Duffy or O'Neill.

No, they're not on the senior panel so will not be available for selection.
Not sure about that illdecide, is that a rule? I heard that Ross McQuillan was drafted into the senior panel last night.
there is a rule that you can't play underage if you played senior championship. But it doesn't go the other way

our_fella

What do we see the team being? I'd go with
Hughes
Burns - McKay - McCabe
Shields - Donaghy - Forker
Vernon - Sheridan
McShane - Hall - Grimley
Grugan - Murnin - McParland

Roashter

Hey lads, where would be best to park for this game?
Should be up there an hour or 2 before throw in and might get some grub in also

armaghniac

Quote from: Roashter on June 26, 2018, 08:38:30 PM

If you are coming from the Dublin side and the Newry road, go left and turn into the car park behind St Malachy's and then walk alongside  the church, then left. There would be more parked around there on a Saturday than the usual Sunday.
Or the City Hotel across the road if you are early, they'd feed you for a fee. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Roashter

Quote from: armaghniac on June 26, 2018, 08:56:33 PM

If you are coming from the Dublin side and the Newry road, go left and turn into the car park behind St Malachy's and then walk alongside  the church, then left. There would be more parked around there on a Saturday than the usual Sunday.
Or the City Hotel across the road if you are early, they'd feed you for a fee.

Thanks armaghniac

Insane Bolt

If you Park at back of St Malachy's go through front gates, turn right for 30 yards and you will be at Keegan's.....great food and 3 min walk to ground.

Stan Laurel

Quote from: our_fella on June 26, 2018, 04:32:57 PM
Hughes
Burns - McKay - McCabe
Vernon - Sheridan
McShane - Hall - Grimley

Is he not still injured?

smelmoth

Hughes
Burns - McKay - McCabe
Vernon - Sheridan
McShane - Hall - Grimley

That is the team we should go with and 1-14 probably the team we will go with. Even if fit Gavin's issue in replacing Oisin (McIllieembeherr according to the Markievicz Park announcer) is MacIomhair played as a marker in the half back line against Sligo. Would love to see us going with more fire power.

Anybody thinking of keeping their money in their pocket if Kildare get shafted?

I know I would be annoyed if that happened to armagh and the rest of the country carried on as if nothing was wrong

Throw ball

Quote from: smelmoth on June 26, 2018, 09:49:24 PM
Hughes
Burns - McKay - McCabe
Vernon - Sheridan
McShane - Hall - Grimley

That is the team we should go with and 1-14 probably the team we will go with. Even if fit Gavin's issue in replacing Oisin (McIllieembeherr according to the Markievicz Park announcer) is MacIomhair played as a marker in the half back line against Sligo. Would love to see us going with more fire power.

I know I would be annoyed if that happened to armagh and the rest of the country carried on as if nothing was wrong

Joining in with a Kildare chant at half time possibly. Not going to match - unlikely as I have a season ticket and Croke Park will already have my money !

illdecide

Folks, is there any chat of any of the u20s being involved on Saturday. Most notably, mcquillan, Duffy or O'Neill.

Not sure about that illdecide, is that a rule? I heard that Ross McQuillan was drafted into the senior panel last night.

Hope you're right Mackers...there are a few tasty footballers on that U20 team. They weren't on the senior panel as of last week thats why i said what i said but if any are drafted in then that would be great
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Stan Laurel

Quote from: Throw ball on June 26, 2018, 10:04:15 PM
Hughes
Burns - McKay - McCabe
Vernon - Sheridan
McShane - Hall - Grimley

Joining in with a Kildare chant at half time possibly. Not going to match - unlikely as I have a season ticket and Croke Park will already have my money !

Can you not opt out per game?

tonto1888

Quote from: Stan Laurel on June 26, 2018, 09:27:15 PM
Hughes
Burns - McKay - McCabe
Vernon - Sheridan
McShane - Hall - Grimley

Is he not still injured?

Came on against West neath and was warming up v sligo

Throw ball

Quote from: Stan Laurel on June 27, 2018, 06:59:17 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on June 26, 2018, 10:04:15 PM
Hughes
Burns - McKay - McCabe
Vernon - Sheridan
McShane - Hall - Grimley

Can you not opt out per game?

Cut off last night.

twohands!!!

Quote from: illdecide on June 27, 2018, 12:28:06 AM

Hope you're right Mackers...there are a few tasty footballers on that U20 team. They weren't on the senior panel as of last week thats why i said what i said but if any are drafted in then that would be great

The U20 lads can play.

The rule is that if you play for the seniors in the championship at any stage you can't step back down to the U20.
No rule stopping U20 lads stepping up, just that they can't drop down and play U20 again in the same year.
With Armagh U20s done for the year, the lads are free to step up.
Clare U20s are in the same situation so could well see draftees on both sides.

Blowitupref

Banner boss Colm Collins hits out at Clare's senseless away day

The rule which dictated the Clare footballers lose home advantage to Armagh despite being first out of the hat "doesn't make any sense", according to Banner boss Colm Collins.

Clare were pitted against Kieran McGeeney's side in Monday's third round qualifier draw, the game fixed for Armagh's Athletic Grounds owing to the stipulation that Division 3/4 counties shall receive home advantage if drawn against a team from the league's top two tiers.

Clare finished third in Division 2 and they'll be joined by Armagh in the league's second tier next year, the Orchard County finishing the spring as Division 3 champions.

"We were happy to be in the pot after coming through a really difficult game with Offaly, but it was only afterwards that you think about it and say, God almighty, who thought this one out. You have a team in the same division as us next year and they get home advantage. It doesn't make any sense," said Collins.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose