USFC SF: Monaghan v Fermanagh - Sunday 3rd June at 2pm - Healy Park Omagh

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 29, 2018, 02:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: seafoid on June 05, 2018, 02:05:02 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 05, 2018, 01:15:05 PM
Arlene Foster considers attending Ulster GAA final following Fermanagh win

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2018/06/05/news/arlene-foster-considers-attending-ulster-gaa-final-following-fermanagh-win-1347458/

Typical.
I bet she didn't go to a single league game.
I bet she doesn't make sandwiches or appletarts down at the clubhouse either

I doubt it. Anyway, who's going to invite her? Ffs woman, get to Brookborough GAA and order your ticket like everyone else.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on June 05, 2018, 01:15:05 PM
Arlene Foster considers attending Ulster GAA final following Fermanagh win

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2018/06/05/news/arlene-foster-considers-attending-ulster-gaa-final-following-fermanagh-win-1347458/

Typical.
I bet she didn't go to a single league game.

She should definitely be invited. It's a win either way for the GAA whatever the response.

haranguerer

She doesn't hold any position. She is a private citizen, I'm unsure what sort of 'official invite' she expects. A mark of her arrogance.

Having said that, I do think the ulster council should offer her tickets, but without any fanfare or publicity whatsoever. 

Jinxy

I respectfully disagree.
Invite her very publicly.
Call her bluff.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

haranguerer

I think its very likely she'll go, for a few different reasons, one being she got a fair bit of deserved flak for accepting an invite to lead an orange march in Scotland recently (shortly after making a 'no room for sectarianism now' speech, two they seem to believe catholics may vote for them given abortion referendum etc, and three, she'd like to put a dampener on our day any way she could.

So I'd rather her opportunity to get good publicity from it was limited as far as possible.

sensethetone

She could just watch the match up the street in clones, have a pint with that Quigley lad.

Aristo 60

There should be a RHI themed River Dance performance put on at half time for her if she is coming.

seafoid

Would it not depend on how Fermanagh protestants feel about the big day out and prospect of winning ulster?  She is one of them. There is a French quote "there go my people. I must follow them. I am their leader".
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tiempo

Quote from: haranguerer on June 05, 2018, 03:39:01 PM
I think its very likely she'll go, for a few different reasons, one being she got a fair bit of deserved flak for accepting an invite to lead an orange march in Scotland recently (shortly after making a 'no room for sectarianism now' speech, two they seem to believe catholics may vote for them given abortion referendum etc, and three, she'd like to put a dampener on our day any way she could.

So I'd rather her opportunity to get good publicity from it was limited as far as possible.

The DUP don't do outreach well or often, but if she was prepared to go it would be seen as such and if nothing a chink of light in amongst the omnishambles. Even when attempting to gain a bit of political capital there is the possibility they will make shite of it e.g. stand outside the ground during the anthem, taking her seat just after, which would have to receive negative press and further show her true arrogance and bigorty.

Look it can only be more entertaining if she says she'll go so let her get on with it.
Let the woman go an experience some Irish cluture and enlighten herself.

haranguerer

Quote from: seafoid on June 05, 2018, 04:14:16 PM
Would it not depend on how Fermanagh protestants feel about the big day out and prospect of winning ulster?  She is one of them. There is a French quote "there go my people. I must follow them. I am their leader".

Quite a few will go. I think there are much better relations 'across the divide' in Fermanagh than other northern counties. Hard core DUP supporters will not however. So I guess it depends on who amongst those she sees as her people.

Jinxy

Quote from: tiempo on June 05, 2018, 04:17:10 PM

The DUP don't do outreach well or often, but if she was prepared to go it would be seen as such and if nothing a chink of light in amongst the omnishambles. Even when attempting to gain a bit of political capital there is the possibility they will make shite of it e.g. stand outside the ground during the anthem, taking her seat just after, which would have to receive negative press and further show her true arrogance and bigorty.

Look it can only be more entertaining if she says she'll go so let her get on with it.

It'll probably put her off football for life anyway.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

haranguerer

On another note, I saw Mike Nesbitt when he was leader of the UUP (and an elected representative) paying in at the gate to at least one GAA match - he didn't request the fanfare and he earned my respect because of it.

haranguerer

Quote from: Jinxy on June 05, 2018, 04:22:56 PM
Quote from: tiempo on June 05, 2018, 04:17:10 PM

It'll probably put her off football for life anyway.

If we win we'll probably never get a team gathered up again, so may not matter.

seafoid

Quote from: haranguerer on June 05, 2018, 04:23:35 PM
On another note, I saw Mike Nesbitt when he was leader of the UUP (and an elected representative) paying in at the gate to at least one GAA match - he didn't request the fanfare and he earned my respect because of it.
He was way ahead of the voters . A real pity because NI needs people who can see the big picture.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Therealdonald

Quote from: seafoid on June 05, 2018, 04:32:29 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on June 05, 2018, 04:23:35 PM
He was way ahead of the voters . A real pity because NI needs people who can see the big picture.

He was a toss-pot.