Time for roscommon to shit or get off the pot?

Started by Bart McQueen, November 15, 2017, 10:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LooseCannon

Quote from: Rossfan on December 12, 2017, 10:48:38 AM
€211k surplus last year,  spending on Co teams down €230k.
New Treasurer, the Dalys back on the panel.
GAA world beware!! the Rossies are coming !!!

I suppose Pearse's are going to win the championship as well. As much as I would like to see Offaly men win it, they won't.

Syferus

Pearses are wasting money getting Pat Flanagan. They are in a place where a big name manager might just get them over the line but Flanagan is neither that nor the man to beat Brigids.

Cake, Pearses' best manager of recent years, will be a selector under Frankie Dolan for Brigids this coming season too.

macdanger2

How have they managed to reduce costs by that much? Or is it just more of it being paid under the table?

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on December 12, 2017, 11:18:44 PM

How have they managed to reduce costs by that much? Or is it just more of it being paid under the table?

Minor and U21 teams operated on a shoestring budget with all the preferred candidates walking away from the jobs. It's the main reason Sligo beat us in Kiltoom this year at U21 tbh.

sligoman2

Dry your eyes Sy - we beat ye fair and square in ye're own back yard.

You are like the brits thinking they can say whatever they like about the Irish. 

Well guess what - Sligo says no...  and we will beat ye again next year if we meet ye in u-20.

You can be a total tool at times.  Ease off the drink it's only Wednesday.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Rossfan

Minor and U21 cutback.
5 man management reduced to 3.
42 man squad down to 33....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maroon Manc

The best wum on the board has still not lost his touch, why oh why have you fallen for that Sligoman.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on December 13, 2017, 07:18:04 AM

Minor and U21 cutback.
Less injuries/medial expenses from last year, no trip to New York and not playing home games in Sligo,Leitrim and Longford?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

sligoman2

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 13, 2017, 09:54:04 AM
The best wum on the board has still not lost his touch, why oh why have you fallen for that Sligoman.
I know, i know, I know.... It won't happen again.  The sad part is he's not trying to wind us up, he has said this before...
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Syferus

It's assuming that when someone dispenses with the mealy-mouthed plamasing and is honest some here can't see the forest for the trees and identify the difference between it what someone like this thread creator.

Get this - I'm not here to massage Sligo supporters or anyone else's egos. If you don't think the cutbacks effected the performance on the field you genuinely do not know what you're talking about.

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on December 13, 2017, 01:21:59 PM
It's assuming that when someone dispenses with the mealy-mouthed plamasing and is honest some here can't see the forest for the trees and identify the difference between it what someone like this thread creator.

Get this - I'm not here to massage Sligo supporters or anyone else's egos. If you don't think the cutbacks effected the performance on the field you genuinely do not know what you're talking about.

This crop of Sligo players were better than us at U.18, too. We've had more than enough good years to give credit where it's due. You could also make the case that Sligo would have more underage success if they invested in development teams over the years.

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on December 13, 2017, 01:36:36 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 13, 2017, 01:21:59 PM

This crop of Sligo players were better than us at U.18, too. We've had more than enough good years to give credit where it's due. You could also make the case that Sligo would have more underage success if they invested in development teams over the years.

The minor win the previous year was just a case of them being better. But some key players were alienated at U21 this year and despite the poor preparations we were still competitive. It took a madcap finish in the minor game to achieve that because we were totally second best everywhere that day.

The CB essentially tanking the minor and U21 teams played a big role this year, I think even you would have a hard time arguing otherwise. The minors' stand in Salthill for 55 minutes this year was absolutely remarkable in that context. With good teams coming through at minor and U20 next year the same attitude cannot be allowed to repeat itself.

Rossfan

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 13, 2017, 10:22:49 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 13, 2017, 07:18:04 AM

Minor and U21 cutback.
Less injuries/medial expenses from last year, no trip to New York and not playing home games in Sligo,Leitrim and Longford?
That certainly helped.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayoaremagic

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 13, 2017, 09:54:04 AM

+1 he was same on boards.ie until disappeared months ago

mayoaremagic

Quote from: Syferus on December 13, 2017, 12:36:42 AM

Minor and U21 teams operated on a shoestring budget with all the preferred candidates walking away from the jobs. It's the main reason Sligo beat us in Kiltoom this year at U21 tbh.

surely the 100k between Mcstay and Mchale should be cut an invested into county minor/u20 next year??