pairc ui chaoimh

Started by Maroon Manc, June 01, 2016, 10:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

The redevelopment is going to cost about 80m euro's, where has all the funding come from?

BennyCake

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 01, 2016, 10:18:49 PM
The redevelopment is going to cost about 80m euro's, where has all the funding come from?

Garth Brooks' 20 nights in a row probably.

illdecide

Is it finished? or when will it be finished? Any pics?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

AZOffaly

It's definitely not finished. I have my doubts it will be finished for next year's championship.

Jinxy

It'll still be ready before the Hyde.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

twohands!!!

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 02, 2016, 12:41:48 PM
It's definitely not finished. I have my doubts it will be finished for next year's championship.

Heard the same from a Corkman last week.

He was giving out about having to head to Killarney for so many years in a row.

The demolition phase was only supposed to take 4 months but ended up taking 9months, so it's at least 5 months behind schedule.

The Corkman I was talking to, had heard some rumours about some big fight between the contractors and sub-contractors. His exact words were  - "it's all going to end in either a Prime Time Special or a Tribunal"

He's a bit of a doom and gloom merchant but has very little faith in the Cork footballers or Cork hurlers doing anything at all this summer.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on June 02, 2016, 03:58:13 PM

I can barely hear you all the way down in D2, Jinxy.

balladmaker

QuoteThe redevelopment is going to cost about 80m euro's, where has all the funding come from?

Time to bring back Siamsa Cois Laoi to help pay for it  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNCnkj07fh0

Rossfan

Well at least we're looking to improve the facilities unlike ye crowd who thought floodlights weretoo ssmartaaltogetherso ye took them down ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rossfan on June 02, 2016, 05:39:29 PM

Well at least we're looking to improve the facilities unlike ye crowd who thought floodlights weretoo ssmartaaltogetherso ye took them down ::)

That's not the reason. Meath lads just don't like too much light revealing what they are getting up to. Nice and gloomy is ideal.

Syferus

At least the Hyde is named after something real. Meath may as well have called their ground Pixie Park.

Rossfan

Don't be winding them too much Syfín........ We might be playing there in Round 3A :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 02, 2016, 06:13:29 PM

That's not the reason. Meath lads just don't like too much light revealing what they are getting up to. Nice and gloomy is ideal.

We live in the shadows.
Like ninjas.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on June 02, 2016, 07:35:09 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 02, 2016, 06:13:29 PM

We live in the shadows.
Like ninjas.

Or mould.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

This was a month ago but gives some idea of the "progress".

http://www.eveningecho.ie/cork-news/video-pictures-work-continues-pairc-ui-chaoimh-redevelopment/2000700/

It's a mess of a project from the start really. An unsuitable location for a stadium, let alone a training centre (I refuse to call 1 pitch and a bar a Centre of Excellence). There has already been huge budget over-runs, arguments with planners/engineers, off the cuff changes to plans etc etc. Par for the course with Frank Murphy Ltd really.

1 guy who was working there told me the Engineers were begging the board to consider moving the stadium back from the river and changing the plans as they could not guarantee a stable foundation on the old stadium orientation. Were drilling pilot holes and hitting liquid mud all over the shop. Hardly surprising considering pitch level in the stadium is 20feet below high tide level, with the river 50m behind the old uncovered stand. (Side facing TV cameras).

All this is made even more ridiculous by the fact that the board were offered land just off the South Ring motorway which is far more accessible for the vast majority of players/supporters, to build a centre of excellence on a site where you could have had 6+ pitches and built whatever size clubhouse/gym you wanted. 

Just in case people don't grasp how ridiculous the situation in Cork is, the Cork Senior Hurlers were forced to train on a rugby field not long ago. A SENIOR County team, less than 6 weeks before championship.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...