Armagh vs Laois

Started by smelmoth, February 02, 2016, 11:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: naka on February 06, 2016, 09:37:28 PM
Poor game but gee the referee was awful for Armagh
The Laois number 8 and the full forward and the wee corner forward were the pick of the players on show
For the life of me Still can't work out some of the referees decisions , he was very poor

Armagh, while poor, should have got a draw out of this, even one of the 3 shots off the woodwork would have done the job.
But all of failings of last year are on show again and only Campbell looked the part for Armagh.

I don't usually give out about the ref, who has a hard job, but tonight there seem two very clear incidents in the second half. I'll have a look at the TV view of these but they seemed as clear as any can be. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

Fact is Laois fully deserved the win.For the second week in a row we concede an early goal,and even with a strong wind at our backs never clawed back a modest enough 4 point deficit at half time to parity.Laois much more astute about retaining possession against the wind showing far more composure to pick off crucial scores,while Armagh far too impatient and indisciplined in the second half with a strong wind at their backs.Hard to see even one positive

Catch and Kick

Great win for Laois who had a really horrific opener v Galway.

Wildweasel74

laois looked by far the better team, ref got a couple of decision wrong especially a black card for a Laois man dragging down the armagh man late on. Armagh to me have got discipline issues, Findon with late hits and forker with too much mouth, bit of discipline is needed as these men would seen the line in the heat of the Ulster championship

Throw ball

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 07, 2016, 12:58:31 AM
laois looked by far the better team, ref got a couple of decision wrong especially a black card for a Laois man dragging down the armagh man late on. Armagh to me have got discipline issues, Findon with late hots and forker with too much mouth, bit of discipline is needed as these men would seen the line int he heat of the Ulster championship

Bit of an exaggeration to say that Laois were by far the better team. They had a bit of extra composure and got a bit of the rub of the green with the 3 shots hitting the woodwork. Two evenly poor teams in my opinion with a fair chance that one or both will get relegated.

You do not have to tell anyone in Armagh that they have discipline problems with Findon and Forker. To be fair to Forker he has been improving but is still prone to losing it. Does not help though the amount of times the assistant manager comes on to mouth at the referee.

T Fearon

The match programme is about the only thing that has improved as far as Armagh are concerned

mackers

To say Campbell was the only Armagh player to look the part ignores the contribution of Miceal McKenna which I don't agree with. He has been a real find over the last two years (the only one).
Losing what was rightly called a must win game leaves us in a heap of trouble.
We had too many substandard players on the field, pure and simple.
Criticism of McGeeney which I agree with to some extent must be tempered by the list of players missing at the minute. In the defence we are missing Mallon, Murray, McKeever, Morgan (all certain starters). In attack we are missing Dyas, T Kernan, C Rafferty, A Murnin and J Clarke.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Aaron Boone

If anyone can turn things around, it's McGeeney.
Very highly-rated nationally.

Orior

Quote from: Aaron Boone on February 07, 2016, 10:26:58 AM

Lol. Post of the year so far.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

twohands!!!

Quote from: Orior on February 07, 2016, 11:24:00 AM

Has to be tongue in cheek.

Although I heard  McGeeney's long-term plan in relation to the league was to get out of Division 3 in year 1 and then out of Division 2 in year 2.

Unfortunately it looks like it will be getting out in the wrong direction, especially when you consider the 2 sides that beat Armagh were both beaten in their other games. Meath beaten by Fermanagh by 4 points after beating Armagh by 5 and Laois losing by 8 points before beating Armagh by a point. Tyrone in Round 6 and Derry in Round 7 are probably already dreaming of relegating Armagh.

T Fearon

Whole picture needs to be looked at.Once again Crossmaglen going for by now a meaningless All Ireland club title throws the whole county senior squad into disarray.Our best player declares himself unavailable,and others have retired prematurely.

The two league games to date have been dire.The full forward line has been anonymous,we relied largely on frees against Laois,the team was devoid of leadership and confidence.

imtommygunn

You really don't understand the gaa at all do you.

No wides

Quote from: twohands!!! on February 07, 2016, 07:46:18 PM
Quote from: Orior on February 07, 2016, 11:24:00 AM

Has to be tongue in cheek.

Although I heard  McGeeney's long-term plan in relation to the league was to get out of Division 3 in year 1 and then out of Division 2 in year 2.

Unfortunately it looks like it will be getting out in the wrong direction, especially when you consider the 2 sides that beat Armagh were both beaten in their other games. Meath beaten by Fermanagh by 4 points after beating Armagh by 5 and Laois losing by 8 points before beating Armagh by a point. Tyrone in Round 6 and Derry in Round 7 are probably already dreaming of relegating Armagh.

New post of the year?

Orior

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 07, 2016, 08:14:06 PM
You really don't understand the gaa at all do you.

I think I see where this debate is heading. If we moved Cross into Louth then we could get on with discussing how Armagh can stop the rot.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on February 07, 2016, 07:54:56 PM
Whole picture needs to be looked at.Once again Crossmaglen going for by now a meaningless All Ireland club title throws the whole county senior squad into disarray.Our best player declares himself unavailable,and others have retired prematurely.

The two league games to date have been dire.The full forward line has been anonymous,we relied largely on frees against Laois,the team was devoid of leadership and confidence.

And you blame that on Crossmaglen being the best club team in Ireland?