Author Topic: USFC SF: Monaghan v Fermanagh - Sunday 3rd June at 2pm - Healy Park Omagh  (Read 8126 times)

Jinxy

• View Profile
I think its very likely she'll go, for a few different reasons, one being she got a fair bit of deserved flak for accepting an invite to lead an orange march in Scotland recently (shortly after making a 'no room for sectarianism now' speech, two they seem to believe catholics may vote for them given abortion referendum etc, and three, she'd like to put a dampener on our day any way she could.

So I'd rather her opportunity to get good publicity from it was limited as far as possible.

The DUP don't do outreach well or often, but if she was prepared to go it would be seen as such and if nothing a chink of light in amongst the omnishambles. Even when attempting to gain a bit of political capital there is the possibility they will make shite of it e.g. stand outside the ground during the anthem, taking her seat just after, which would have to receive negative press and further show her true arrogance and bigorty.

Look it can only be more entertaining if she says she'll go so let her get on with it.
Let the woman go an experience some Irish cluture and enlighten herself.

It'll probably put her off football for life anyway.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

haranguerer

• View Profile
On another note, I saw Mike Nesbitt when he was leader of the UUP (and an elected representative) paying in at the gate to at least one GAA match - he didn't request the fanfare and he earned my respect because of it.

haranguerer

• View Profile
I think its very likely she'll go, for a few different reasons, one being she got a fair bit of deserved flak for accepting an invite to lead an orange march in Scotland recently (shortly after making a 'no room for sectarianism now' speech, two they seem to believe catholics may vote for them given abortion referendum etc, and three, she'd like to put a dampener on our day any way she could.

So I'd rather her opportunity to get good publicity from it was limited as far as possible.

The DUP don't do outreach well or often, but if she was prepared to go it would be seen as such and if nothing a chink of light in amongst the omnishambles. Even when attempting to gain a bit of political capital there is the possibility they will make shite of it e.g. stand outside the ground during the anthem, taking her seat just after, which would have to receive negative press and further show her true arrogance and bigorty.

Look it can only be more entertaining if she says she'll go so let her get on with it.
Let the woman go an experience some Irish cluture and enlighten herself.

It'll probably put her off football for life anyway.

If we win we'll probably never get a team gathered up again, so may not matter.

seafoid

• View Profile
On another note, I saw Mike Nesbitt when he was leader of the UUP (and an elected representative) paying in at the gate to at least one GAA match - he didn't request the fanfare and he earned my respect because of it.
He was way ahead of the voters . A real pity because NI needs people who can see the big picture.
Those biscuits are for the visitors

Therealdonald

• View Profile
He was way ahead of the voters . A real pity because NI needs people who can see the big picture.

He was a toss-pot.

seafoid

• View Profile
Those biscuits are for the visitors

Taylor

• View Profile
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0605/968327-philip-jordan-fermanagh/

One of the better columns on the game.

Aidan ORourke (or Jimmy McGuinness lite)  trying to dissect the tactics like many other commentators and talking about phases and line running etc

Very few good columnists/analysts. They are both extremes. Either the game is shite ala Brolly and Spillane or they are like McGuinness and ORourke

greatpoint

• View Profile
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0605/968327-philip-jordan-fermanagh/

One of the better columns on the game.

Aidan ORourke (or Jimmy McGuinness lite)  trying to dissect the tactics like many other commentators and talking about phases and line running etc

Very few good columnists/analysts. They are both extremes. Either the game is shite ala Brolly and Spillane or they are like McGuinness and ORourke

I found that to be a fairly poor article to be honest.

Jim McGuinness goes for more of a tactical analysis in his pieces no doubt, but I find them generally to be head and shoulders above the vast majority of GAA writing.