Author Topic: Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.  (Read 244698 times)

OakleafCounty

• View Profile
Re: Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.
« Reply #2610 on: July 18, 2017, 02:52:46 PM »
Given Down's recent record in Clones, the sooner Casement is built the better. It certainly looks the part and I like the terraced end that has a roof over it.

Derry fans would be in the same boat Ogra. Casement more a home to South Derry fans than Celtic Park ever was! Que the abuse from the North Derry madmen ;)

Why put a wink at the end of it as you aren't joking. Most in south county Derry don't have an affinity with anywhere north of the Sperrins, especially not Derry City. The road to Derry City is shite so nobody goes there for shopping or entertainment and most in south Derry don't work there as the jobs are in Belfast. That's a product of almost a century of Stormont concentrating its growth around Belfast and actively prohibiting growth west of the Bann. Public money being pumped into three Belfast stadiums is just another example of that. 

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: July 18, 2017, 03:15:09 PM »
Given Down's recent record in Clones, the sooner Casement is built the better. It certainly looks the part and I like the terraced end that has a roof over it.

Derry fans would be in the same boat Ogra. Casement more a home to South Derry fans than Celtic Park ever was! Que the abuse from the North Derry madmen ;)

Why put a wink at the end of it as you aren't joking. Most in south county Derry don't have an affinity with anywhere north of the Sperrins, especially not Derry City. The road to Derry City is shite so nobody goes there for shopping or entertainment and most in south Derry don't work there as the jobs are in Belfast. That's a product of almost a century of Stormont concentrating its growth around Belfast and actively prohibiting growth west of the Bann. Public money being pumped into three Belfast stadiums is just another example of that. 

Count to 10 and breath Oakleaf

OakleafCounty

• View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: July 18, 2017, 03:31:28 PM »

Count to 10 and breath Oakleaf

You said people in South Derry feel more at home in Belfast than Derry. I just pointed out some of the reasons why that's the case. Nobody's getting agitated here.

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: July 18, 2017, 03:34:01 PM »
My wink was aimed at Tickle and a few of the other Derry City posters on here. Have a nice day pal.

thefont

• View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: July 18, 2017, 03:37:16 PM »
Looks Amazing well done Ulster Gaa!

Two questions occur to me.

1 - When are we going to get our mighty stadium in the Wesht? Or can we look forward in perpetuity to being "blashted out of it and drownded" in our black triangle of concrete sh$tholes - McHale, Pearse and "the" Hyde. I don't know about the McHale fella but there's a few good Irishmen having their names taken in vain by the GAA there.

2 -  PUC, why in the name of God? Hopefully the last of the Gombeen stadia.

Maybe we'll get a Connacht final up in Belfast, would be a good day out!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:42:44 PM by thefont »

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: July 18, 2017, 03:46:10 PM »

you could move CP  in behind Jamesies and we'd still be outnumbered by 31 other counties. Would any other county have a bigger bandwagon though?