Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

These All Star awards were given out today as far as I know. Has anyone got the full team?

AFS

Aaron Beattie - Abbey
Jamie Cosgrove - St. Paul's

Fill in the rest.

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

trileacman

Quote from: AFS on December 18, 2012, 12:17:14 AM

Aaron Beattie - Abbey

Fill in the rest.

Who's dead? Wouldn't kill the f**kers to smile.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

elk

St Pauls v Abbey CBS should be a great game. St. Pauls on group form will start as favourites but I believe the Abbey are better than they have shown so far as they have a couple of key players back to full fitness now and a few quality players who have moved to the Abbey from other schools this year are now pushing hard for starting places. St. Pats Maghera still look to be the team to beat with so many players from the impressive Watty's minor team among their ranks.

Throw ball

Quote from: kounty on December 18, 2012, 05:44:13 PM
did o hanlon from armagh not get one?

Definitely a load of rubbish if he didn't. Either that or Ulster GAA will be blessed with some great players very soon!

elk

Must not have been good enough!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: elk on December 19, 2012, 09:42:49 AM

Trust me he is certainly good enough. He has been injured this past while. He missed the mc Cormick final and maybe a few group games. Perhaps that killeavy man 'Yellowcard' could clarify? ;)

yellowcard

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 19, 2012, 11:09:14 AM
Quote from: elk on December 19, 2012, 09:42:49 AM

Trust me he is certainly good enough. He has been injured this past while. He missed the mc Cormick final and maybe a few group games. Perhaps that killeavy man 'Yellowcard' could clarify? ;)

Now Walter please do NOT tar me with that brush, they are merely neighbours and rivals. I don't know what the situation was but yeah your right he was injured for the McCormack final so he possibly missed trials (though I'm not sure). I don't know much about the quality of the other 6 forwards on the All Star team but I'd be very surprised if O'hanlon isn't among the top 6 in Ulster considering he was asked onto the Armagh SENIOR panel both last year and this year. 

Larry Duff

Quote from: AFS on December 18, 2012, 12:17:14 AM

Aaron Beattie - Abbey

Fill in the rest.

3. Shea Heffron - St Michaels Lurgan & Clann Eireann
9. Oisin Lenaghan - St Michaels Lurgan & St Mary's Aghagallon

elk

Quote from: Walter Cronc on Today at 11:09:14 AM

Quote from: elk on Today at 09:42:49 AM

Now Walter please do NOT tar me with that brush, they are merely neighbours and rivals. I don't know what the situation was but yeah your right he was injured for the McCormack final so he possibly missed trials (though I'm not sure). I don't know much about the quality of the other 6 forwards on the All Star team but I'd be very surprised if O'hanlon isn't among the top 6 in Ulster considering he was asked onto the Armagh SENIOR panel both last year and this year. 

Watched the St.Pauls / St. Colmans game on Destintation Newry and O'Hanlon was definitely not the outstanding forward player on the pitch. In fact had to check he was actually on the pitch - don't understand all the hype around this lad. Placing a lot of pressure on young shoulders.

Jimmy

Full list of all-stars as posted on the Ulster colleges Twitter

Football All-stars :
1 S Fox (Omagh),
2 J Cosgrove (Bessbrook),
3 S Heffron (Lurgan),
4 A Beattie (Abbey),
5 R Wells (Dpatrick)
6 C Carville (Maghera),
7 D McKeever (Aquinas),
8 J Kearney (Maghera),
9 O Lenahan (Lurgan),
10 T O'Brien (St Mary's M'felt - 2nd award)
11 R McGlone (Academy),
12 S McGonigle (Knock),
13 L Brennan (Enniskillen),
14 S O'Hara (Maghera),
15 F McMahon (St Macartan's)

All-star hurlers -
1 D Doran (D'patrick)
2 C Costello (Aquinas)
3 T O Ciarain (St mary's)
4 D Quinn (St Mary's)
5 D Nugent (La Salle)
6 R Devlin (Academy)
7 R McCambridge (CPC)
8 L McMullan (Knock)
9 C Egan ((Knock)
10 C Johnston (St Mary's)
11 C O'Neill (D'patrick)
12 E Kearns (St Killian's)
13 E Sands (D'patrick)
14 G Bradley (Maghera)
15 S McCaughan (CPC)

Walter Cronc

How Conor Mallon is not on it is beyond me!

elk

Did St Colman's send anyone to the trials ? Hard to believe with their track record that they would have no-one capable of winning a football all-star.

yellowcard

Quote from: elk on December 19, 2012, 02:44:41 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on Today at 11:09:14 AM

Quote from: elk on Today at 09:42:49 AM

Watched the St.Pauls / St. Colmans game on Destintation Newry and O'Hanlon was definitely not the outstanding forward player on the pitch. In fact had to check he was actually on the pitch - don't understand all the hype around this lad. Placing a lot of pressure on young shoulders.

Watched that game as well and I don't remember him excelling that day, however I do think he is a very good player. The only other players I've heard rave reviews about are McGlone, O'Brien and O'Hara.