Author Topic: Ulster Colleges  (Read 99076 times)

Minder

• View Profile
Re: Ulster Colleges
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 04:56:10 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP8Z-mFM-qE

11 or 12 steps allowed for the man who delivered the ball in for what I presume was St Marys third goal.

Hate that fecking 'easy easy easy' chant

It was like a soccer match the whole way through with the chanting.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Fionntamhnach

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2012, 06:36:54 PM »
I can understand the idea of amalgamations taking part in "A" Ulster Colleges competitions if you want to try and help ensure that as many good players as possible in those age groups played at the highest level in the colleges sector - though you'd want to ensure that a fair limit is imposed on the size and catchment of such amalgamations to ensure single-school teams can still compete well e.g. amalgamations limited to no more than four post-primary schools with a combined male enrolment total of no more than about 1200 students. It sounds similar to the set up of the Kerry County Championship where Senior club teams and divisional teams made up from Intermediate, Junior & Novice clubs play against each other.
Putting internet gobshítes in their place since 1999

Any craic

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2012, 08:04:39 PM »
See a full video report from the 50th Mageean Cup Final, with goals, interviews and celebrations, plus praise for the An Dun amalgamation: http://tinyurl.com/c49tnez

Lecale2

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2012, 10:51:13 PM »
Good stuff!

Any craic

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2012, 12:11:07 AM »
See the goals from tonight's Casement Cup Final, Red High v Rathmore - http://www.ulstercollegesgaa.org/general/danske-bank-casement-cup-final-video/

Any craic

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2012, 12:33:18 AM »
Fabulous Rannafast Cup Final tonight... see the late drama here, with some great scores and an even better celebration... St Pats Cavan coming from 5 down to win by 6 against Omagh CBS,,, http://tinyurl.com/ctrc6j4

Any craic

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 02:16:43 PM »
The South Armagh lads win again in Ulster Colleges, this time beating St Paul's Bessbrook beat St Pat's Maghera in the McCormick Cup Final (League version of the MacRory Cup) - see video bits here: http://www.ulstercollegesgaa.org/general/final-whistle-video-danske-bank-mccormick-cup-final/

FermGael

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 10:20:51 PM »
St Michael's through to the quarter finals today.
Beat Magherafelt.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Any craic

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2012, 09:10:01 PM »
Omagh CBS won the Danske Bank Corn na nOg Final tonight with victory over St Colman's at Emyvale. You can see Omagh's goal here, scored by captain Conor Loughran -
http://tinyurl.com/cfvt3kf

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2012, 01:23:30 AM »
Any Craic, good work. I could use a bit of help here. What are the following competitions?

Danske Bank Corn na nOg Cup
McCormick Cup
Rannafast Cup
Casement Cup
Mageean Cup

Don't forget to say if they're hurling or football.  I want to add them to that wikipedia page I mentioned elsewhere, the list of GAA competitions. In each case, who competes, when does it run, and who is the cup named after?  (Casement is obvious enough).

Thanks.

trileacman

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2012, 01:37:42 AM »
Any Craic, good work. I could use a bit of help here. What are the following competitions?

Danske Bank Corn na nOg Cup
McCormick Cup
Rannafast Cup
Casement Cup
Mageean Cup

Don't forget to say if they're hurling or football.  I want to add them to that wikipedia page I mentioned elsewhere, the list of GAA competitions. In each case, who competes, when does it run, and who is the cup named after?  (Casement is obvious enough).

Thanks.
Open to correction but;

Corn na nOg - schools football 3rd year.
Ranafast - schools football 5th year.
McCormick - schools football 7th year. McCrory warm-up competition.

Is Mageean the hurling equivalent of the McCrory?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2012, 02:06:54 AM »
When you say schools, is that secondary schools?

Fionntamhnach

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2012, 02:20:47 AM »
It those schools that are affiliated with the Ulster Colleges GAA Council. Just to expand, Corn na nÓg is the "A" Competition for U14.5 football teams in Ulster, Rannafast Cup is the "A" Competition for U16.5 football teams, the Mageean Cup I'm 99% certain is the "A" competition for U18.5 hurling teams with the Casement Cup being the "B" competition in the same age group. There are nominally three grades of competition at each age group - for example while the MacRory Cup is the "A" Competition for U18.5 football teams, the "B" competition is the MacLaron Cup while the "C" competition is the Nolan Cup.

The McCormick Cup is a cup played within the confines of the MacRory Cup group stage - the top two teams after the group stages of the MacRory cup is completed play for the McCormick Cup. Normally it is played for between the two group winners, but on occasions where there has been only one group the top two teams played for the trophy.
Putting internet gobshítes in their place since 1999

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2012, 07:23:13 PM »
Heard the Ulster Colleges GAA All Stars team were picked yesterday. Has anyone got the details?

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2012, 07:30:57 PM »
Heard the Ulster Colleges GAA All Stars team were picked yesterday. Has anyone got the details?

St Pats Maghera got 3 footballers and 1 Hurler. Connor Carville (CHB), James Kearney (MF) and Stephen O'Hara (FF) in the football and Gerald Bradley in the Hurling.