Tyrone v Westmeath - 10/03/12 - 19.30

Started by omagh_gael, March 06, 2012, 01:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

So after a three week break with no football we're on our second game in 6 days. Eight wins on the bounce and it appears the bedding in process is going well, with the new guys stepping up and producing the goods. Pete Harte already looks like the real deal and could be our main man for years, I'm sure we'll see a shuffling of the forward pack, although the defence is picking itself at the minute. I wonder will Sean Cav get his first start? Unlikely though as Mickey appears to be edging him back bit by bit.

Westmeath pulled off a bit of a shock versus Galway which will hopefully guard against any complacency from ourselves. As far as I can remember this is the first time we've have met since the 08 qualifiers when Dessie nearly nicked it at the ends for the midlanders.

Anyway, here's hoping we can bag another 2 points and consolidate our place at the top of the division.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 06, 2012, 01:57:04 PM
So after a three week break with no football we're on our second game in 6 days. Eight wins on the bounce and it appears the bedding in process is going well, with the new guys stepping up and producing the goods. Pete Harte already looks like the real deal and could be our main man for years, I'm sure we'll see a shuffling of the forward pack, although the defence is picking itself at the minute. I wonder will Sean Cav get his first start? Unlikely though as Mickey appears to be edging him back bit by bit.

Westmeath pulled off a bit of a shock versus Galway which will hopefully guard against any complacency from ourselves. As far as I can remember this is the first time we've have met since the 08 qualifiers when Dessie nearly nicked it at the ends for the midlanders.

Anyway, here's hoping we can bag another 2 points and consolidate our place at the top of the division.

Tyrone by 6
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Keane

Yep should be a comfortable Tyrone victory, SON and Cassidy fit again, Gormley also in the frame.

Would Carlin be on the team if fit, not sure how good he is?

everymanaman

Quote from: Keane on March 08, 2012, 02:37:05 PM
Yep should be a comfortable Tyrone victory, SON and Cassidy fit again, Gormley also in the frame.

Carlin a definite asset to the team. Went head to head with the much vaunted P Bradley recently and came out on top (despite what was reported in the Ulster Herald by their sports editor)

AZOffaly

Is Carlin the stocky corner back/wing back? I was impressed with him when I saw him. Good player.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: everymanaman on March 08, 2012, 03:52:36 PM

Carlin a definite asset to the team. Went head to head with the much vaunted P Bradley recently and came out on top (despite what was reported in the Ulster Herald by their sports editor)

What did the herald editor report?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 08, 2012, 03:53:30 PM
Is Carlin the stocky corner back/wing back? I was impressed with him when I saw him. Good player.

Yep, that's him.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

everymanaman

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on March 08, 2012, 04:51:59 PM
Quote from: everymanaman on March 08, 2012, 03:52:36 PM

What did the herald editor report?
He did a full back page article about Conor Clarke including how he went head to head with Paddy Bradley for 70 minutes. For a man who was at the match and did the report for the paper, how he failed to realise that Carlin marked Bradley is beyond me.

Archie Mitchell

Tyrone Team v Westmeath

Comórtas: Sraith Náisiúnta Peil
Cluiche: Tír Eoghain  v  An Iar Mhí
Ionad: Pairc Uí hÉilí, An Omaigh
Dáta: 10-03-12

1 Pascal McConnell – An Baile Nua
2 Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
3 Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
4 PJ Quinn – Baile na Móna
5 Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór
6 Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
7 Damian McCaul - Domhnach Mór
8 Niall McKenna – Domhnach Mór
9 Joe McMahon – An Omaigh
10 Ronan McNabb – An Droim Mhór
11 Mark Donnelly – An Charraig Mhór
12 Patrick McNiece – Oileán a'Ghuail
13 Kyle Coney – Ard Bó
14 Martin Penrose – Achadh Uí Aráin
15 Owen Mulligan – An Chorra Chríochach

16 John Devine – Aireagal Chiaráin
17 Aidan Cassidy – Eochar
18 Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
19 Sean Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
20 Matthew Donnelly – Trí Leac
21 Ciaran Gervin – Doire Locháin
22 Conor Gormley – An Charraig Mhór
23 Jonathan Lafferty – Urnaí
24 Ryan McMenamin – An Droim Mhór
25 Stephen McNally – Oileán a'Ghuail
26 Stephen McNulty – Cluain Eo

LeoMc

I see Clarke is not among the subs. Is he injured?

everymanaman

Quote from: LeoMc on March 08, 2012, 08:44:46 PM
I see Clarke is not among the subs. Is he injured?
Neither is Ronan O'Neill- resting them for U21's I presume

Archie Mitchell

U21's play next Wednesday night so presume they are being rested for that.

Fuzzman

Do we not discuss this every match? I think they can only name 26 but the others are still there but just not named. I'd say SoN is there too as is Tommy.

tyronefan

Subs are named in alphabetical order up to number 26

loughshore lad

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 08, 2012, 09:45:00 PM
Do we not discuss this every match? I think they can only name 26 but the others are still there but just not named. I'd say SoN is there too as is Tommy.

Tommy McGuigan is out injured.