GAA CCCCCCC/DRA Bias

Started by Logan, August 31, 2009, 02:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan

No one wants to see Miskella or O'Se miss the AI SFC Final ....

However one thing does strike me as being biased -
Tommy Freeman, Fergal Doherty, Kevin McGuckian and others got suspensions for less than Dara O'Se, Miskella - or the incident with Marc O'Se earlier in the year.
I'm sure there are plenty of other examples out there too.

To me it stinks of a bias towards the big teams and not having the balls to call it as they see it

Again, no one wants to see anyone miss such a big game - but you have to ask is it fair or not?

tyronefan

Quote from: Logan on August 31, 2009, 02:33:47 PM
No one wants to see Miskella or O'Se miss the AI SFC Final ....

However one thing does strike me as being biased -
Tommy Freeman, Fergal Doherty, Kevin McGuckian and others got suspensions for less than Dara O'Se, Miskella - or the incident with Marc O'Se earlier in the year.
I'm sure there are plenty of other examples out there too.

To me it stinks of a bias towards the big teams and not having the balls to call it as they see it

Again, no one wants to see anyone miss such a big game - but you have to ask is it fair or not?

Tyrone would probably be classed as one of the big teams and they seem to have no problem using video evidence against them

Would narrow your bias down to Kerry and Cork

David McKeown

Didnt see the O'se incidents but as for Miskella, the CCC have their hands tied when the referee deals with the incident and includes it in their report
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Logan

Quote from: David McKeown on August 31, 2009, 03:04:08 PM
Didnt see the O'se incidents but as for Miskella, the CCC have their hands tied when the referee deals with the incident and includes it in their report
I don't think that's the case
Wasn't in the Doherty incidents I don't think

supersarsfields

I think the ref has a chance to review the incident on TV and can then decide if he made the correct decision. If he thinks yes then there's nothing that can be done about it.

Sandino

If the Ref views the O'Se incident and feels he should have taken action and O'Se is banned this would make Bannons decision very unfair on Kerry in terms of fair play, never mind other counties which have been treated different.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''