Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimShady

3 from play, 1 free. According to Close anyhow!

So basically yer a ditchman? quite happy to sit there and criticise players and management on their selection and leadership skills but are willing to celebrate these lads should they beat Derry? You haven't a clue. Your inane ramblings aren't even good reading as they are poorly constructed and you double up on yourself!

for the record, you'll find it was also a very experimental Antrim team on show and you won't see 8 of that team start against Derry.

shady character

Is that the best you can came up with? To call me a ditch man, and criticise my posts?

Excellent stuff. This debate is starting to bore me a bit now. But for the record I never criticised mgt. but rather questioned a decision? Is there a difference?
If thats called crtiicism, then fine, as lons as its constructive then I remain the right to do so.
Perhaps I should come on here, kiss everyone involved in the Football set-ups ass and pretend that we are the finished article?!

I have not said anything in any of my posts that you will not hear from a selection of your mates on the county squad. Of course you will not admit that on here, but you know that is a fact. As  for me, time for a change of record.

SlimShady

too right it is, change the record indeed.

you are a ditchman, not even that-you hide behind the safety of yer computer and say the likes of Close isnt good enough to play against the Derry's and Tyrone's! when indeed you have never represented Antrim and never will.

Jealousy is a horrible thing sc, horrible horrible!!

culchy1

now now fellas no need to get all het up! ;D

i think jody is doin the right thing at this time of the year.
hes trying to blood new players to see what theyve got
he brought on the more experienced boys in the second half to settle the thing down
a bit when we were under pressure.
if he can blood new players and still get a result then fair play to him
he has done what many before couldnt achieve.

Maximus Marillius

I dont think Slim will represent Antrim seniors either, he cant even kick the ball out properly :P

SlimShady

:D where or when did i say that i would?! i know i wont! But i also wont say that a player who performs consistently for his club after his 1st year as a senior player for Antrim isnt good enough. And if i did and he turned round and scored 4 points in his next game I'd have the balls to say I was wrong!!

also, if I did say he wasn't good enough I'd surely be able to give the names of those who should be in his place?????

culchy, why in under f**k do you write all yer posts like a poem?!

shady character

One of the 7 deadliest sins slim.

My, you are very protective arent you?!

Is he your boyfriend?!

Ok, just for the record. My point was that: thus far, Close hasn't done it against the better teams in the bigger games. FACT.
But I also did say, that I look forward to the lad maturing into a good inter-county player. And I do believe that is a strong possibility, but not a formality.

Ok defintely subject closed from me.

SlimShady

you didnt say that!

ok, i will speak very slowly and make it simple for you-

who should be on ahead of Ciaran Close?

culchy1

sorry slim i cudnt resist!
by the way im cross eyed and can only see one half of the page
thats why i write everything on the left hand side of the page!

shady character

I didnt say he shouldnt be on you maniac!!

At the minute he's one of the better forwards there. If everyone was available to Jody, he'd still be there-abouts.
If you are confused, read the previous post.

Maximus Marillius

I believe that Slim is a terrier dog that wont let go, pretending to be a sub keeper who cant kick the ball out ,who wont ever play for Antrim seniors :D

SlimShady

pretending to be  ;)

yer right culchy, he's no Ollie Duffin. But he could give Budgie McCann a run for his money!!

you said he wasn't good enough against the big teams-FACT. if he isnt good enough against them he shouldnt be there now, that makes sense. so, who would you bring in as manager that would do a better job against these 'big' teams?

culchy1

shady character you what your called, and your from creggan.

you totally contradict yourself everytime you post
your not slagging off close but you say he isnt good enuf
huh!!

try being constructive in your criticism
by putting forward a resolution to all our problems.

shady character

No wrong Culchie. I did not contradict myself.

What I said was that in the 4 or so big games Close has played for Antrim he hasnt played well.
Am I lying?

And everytime I went on to say that he has the potential to improve to be a good inter-county player. Where is the contradiction there?
He has shown it for cargin and against the lesser county sides. My position has always been that :

1) More than good enough to be there
2) Needs to improve game this year come championship

My point about him being a poor choice for captain was not a reflection on his ability as a player, but rather a leader.

So don't get caught up in Slims little infactuation with CC!!