Quote from: AFM on March 08, 2020, 09:39:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 09:37:59 PM
Quote from: AFM on March 08, 2020, 09:36:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 09:35:28 PM
Quote from: AFM on March 08, 2020, 09:31:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 09:16:16 PM
Quote from: AFM on March 08, 2020, 08:57:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 07:44:18 PM
Look it is what it is, we all have someone close to us (both parents for me) that fall into the bracket of vulnerability to catching and (heaven forbid) succumbing to a deadly virus earlier than expected, but the doomsday's carry on at the minute is out of or control, let's see it out, bit like brexit  ;)

Didn't realise brexit was killing folk by the hour.

By the hour? How many weeks now? Christmas was 3 months ago? Death rate in Ireland is?

So f**k you Jack I am ok.

Just answer the question dickhead

Oh petal hit a nerve, the world doesn't revolve around you.

So you're not going to answer it? Ok then

Rest of humanity not count in your world?

Still not answering? You trolled someone about the flu and now you're avoiding a simple question? You're a dick

Pathetic response, getoverthebar deemed something he knew nothing about as simply the flu, you have upped the anti by alluding to the fact that if there are no deaths in Ireland f**k the rest, I am sure you are a lovely bigot.

Not going to answer question? But now I'm a bigot? You're not well lad

Yip you have shown contempt to foreigners for years, now you couldn't give a rats arse how many are dying as Long as Ireland ok, let's sit it out like Brexit and you call me a dick, get a grip LAD. Btw your mystical power over Ireland won't protect them from this virus.

Still waiting on you're answer to my question. Contempt for foreigners? Are you on drugs ? Foreign workers are required here because we've lazy cnuts from here who refuse to work.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Art Mc Crory’s Sofa

I know it wouldn't achieve anything but I'd like to see everyone who said "it's just the flu" bull whipped.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Art Mc Crory's Sofa on March 08, 2020, 09:59:35 PM
I know it wouldn't achieve anything but I'd like to see everyone who said "it's just the flu" bull whipped.

Bulls shouldn't be whipped, that's animal cruelty  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Art Mc Crory’s Sofa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 10:01:32 PM

Yeah I'm not advocating bulls being whipped just people who don't give a f**k about a virus that's killing thousands of people.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Art Mc Crory's Sofa on March 08, 2020, 10:05:26 PM

Yeah I'm not advocating bulls being whipped just people who don't give a f**k about a virus that's killing thousands of people.

Im just asking. I haven't said this isn't real. The rates in Italy are frightening but also the facts show that in England alone 6500 people died last year of just flu. No other reason. When, and it will escalate, it's not in our control. I'll deal with it when it happens. You or I can only control what we can. Closing airports and countries won't happen

lenny

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 10:13:26 PM
Quote from: Art Mc Crory's Sofa on March 08, 2020, 10:05:26 PM

Im just asking. I haven't said this isn't real. The rates in Italy are frightening but also the facts show that in England alone 6500 people died last year of just flu. No other reason. When, and it will escalate, it's not in our control. I'll deal with it when it happens. You or I can only control what we can. Closing airports and countries won't happen

2 weeks ago Italy had fewer cases than the UK has now. Within the next week or 2 the UK and Ireland will have thousands of cases and the health service will be at breaking point. This is already deadly serious and will get much more so in a short time.

AFM

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 09:57:56 PM
Quote from: AFM on March 08, 2020, 09:54:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 09:49:24 PM
Quote from: AFM on March 08, 2020, 09:45:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 09:42:35 PM
Look it is what it is, we all have someone close to us (both parents for me) that fall into the bracket of vulnerability to catching and (heaven forbid) succumbing to a deadly virus earlier than expected, but the doomsday's carry on at the minute is out of or control, let's see it out, bit like brexit  ;)

By the hour? How many weeks now? Christmas was 3 months ago? Death rate in Ireland is?

Still not answering? You trolled someone about the flu and now you're avoiding a simple question? You're a dick

Pathetic response, getoverthebar deemed something he knew nothing about as simply the flu, you have upped the anti by alluding to the fact that if there are no deaths in Ireland f**k the rest, I am sure you are a lovely bigot.

Yip you have shown contempt to foreigners for years, now you couldn't give a rats arse how many are dying as Long as Ireland ok, let's sit it out like Brexit and you call me a dick, get a grip LAD. Btw your mystical power over Ireland won't protect them from this virus.

Still waiting on you're answer to my question. Contempt for foreigners? Are you on drugs ? Foreign workers are required here because we've lazy cnuts from here who refuse to work.

Answer on Google,loads of Italians here this weekend, you obviously couldn't give a flying one about anyone but yourself.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AFM on March 08, 2020, 10:23:37 PM

Answer on Google,loads of Italians here this weekend, you obviously couldn't give a flying one about anyone but yourself.

Just tell me, ya knob

trileacman

That's plainly wrong. We can quarantine, buy time, create a vaccine. Make and produce ventilators, prepare ICU units. Cancel large scale meetings of people.

Sitting with your hands folded saying "there's nothing we can do" is simply wrong.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

AFM

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 10:27:18 PM
Quote from: AFM on March 08, 2020, 10:23:37 PM

Just tell me, ya knob

You are playing a blinder, are you on the sauce or just a complete bigot? 

AFM

Quote from: trileacman on March 08, 2020, 10:30:15 PM

That's plainly wrong. We can quarantine, buy time, create a vaccine. Make and produce ventilators, prepare ICU units. Cancel large scale meetings of people.

Sitting with your hands folded saying "there's nothing we can do" is simply wrong.

He has a f**k you Jack I am ok, unfortunately there is a lot about so to rely on citizens like him puts everyone at risk.

Milltown Row2

Vaccines won't happen next week, and the other stuff you've mentioned won't happen either, incompetent governments worldwide have created this virus in the first place.

Economically it will cripple Ireland should we close the borders. Use common sense and we'll try and manage a uncontrollable situation. There will be deaths but your measures won't stop it getting here

Ed Ricketts

The first case in Ireland was confirmed 10 days ago.

Already we 28 cases on the island, with one man seriously ill in intensive care. He may die.

This is clearly trending in the same direction here as elsewhere. Countries where hundreds have died in the space of a few weeks.

I can't understand why some remain so resolutely flippant and dismissive of this crisis. Are they trolling? Or are they just as dangerous thick as it seems?

This thickness would be funny if it wasn't so serious. And it's serious because what people do next matters.

It's the difference between washing your hands properly, or thinking you don't have to bother. It's the difference between working from home, or heading into the office with your 'head cold' and developing cough. It's the difference between sitting at home waiting for the result of a diagnostic test, or going to play a game of reserve soccer and potentially exposing dozens to the virus.

It's the difference in the slowing the spread of the virus until some additional medical facilities can be made available that will save the lives of people you know, or the virus spreading unabated and killing some of your neighbours/ friends/ family members.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on March 08, 2020, 10:42:39 PM

The first case in Ireland was confirmed 10 days ago.

Already we 28 cases on the island, with one man seriously ill in intensive care. He may die.

This is clearly trending in the same direction here as elsewhere. Countries where hundreds have died in the space of a few weeks.

I can't understand why some remain so resolutely flippant and dismissive of this crisis. Are they trolling? Or are they just as dangerous thick as it seems?

This thickness would be funny if it wasn't so serious. And it's serious because what people do next matters.

It's the difference between washing your hands properly, or thinking you don't have to bother. It's the difference between working from home, or heading into the office with your 'head cold' and developing cough. It's the difference between sitting at home waiting for the result of a diagnostic test, or going to play a game of reserve soccer and potentially exposing dozens to the virus.

It's the difference in the slowing the spread of the virus until some additional medical facilities can be made available that will save the lives of people you know, or the virus spreading unabated and killing some of your neighbours/ friends/ family members.

I thought it happened in Ireland before ten days ago. 27th of February

A friend of mine is a big wig in Randox they've been producing test kits these last two weeks worldwide, they might even close down other parts of their manufacturing to produce these kits.

trileacman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 10:37:33 PM

Vaccines won't happen next week, and the other stuff you've mentioned won't happen either, incompetent governments worldwide have created this virus in the first place.

Economically it will cripple Ireland should we close the borders. Use common sense and we'll try and manage a uncontrollable situation. There will be deaths but your measures won't stop it getting here
We don't need a vaccine as quick as next week. It's highly conceivable to construct and test a vaccine inside a period of 3-4 months, the flu vaccine is seasonally adjusted every 12 months in response to recombination of the surface proteins.

It's no wonder the governments are incompetent when some people in the general population are equally as incompetent. Tell me, at what death rate would you consider it acceptable to take measures to prevent dissemination of infection even if it economically affected Ireland? What figure would you put on the economic contraction should we decide to close the borders?

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014