Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaffronSports

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 08, 2023, 03:00:28 PMI would imagine it's a long time since any St Killians / Garron Tower won it. I don't ever remember it happening.

According to Ulster Gaa,

St MacNissi's Garron Tower (2) : 1963, 1964

Lost a few finals along the way but it's been a long time.

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

SaffronSports

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 08, 2023, 04:46:11 PMGame just called off

Interesting to see when they reschedule it for now. Hopefully, not next Friday night as that would possibly rule Joseph McLaughlin out as it's so close to the All Ireland semi-final.

paddyjohn

North Antrim Mafia won't allow it.

Saffrongael

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 08, 2023, 05:26:57 PMNorth Antrim Mafia won't allow it.

Don't think it will be this side of Xmas

Who are the N Antrim mafia ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

SaffronSports

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 08, 2023, 05:33:21 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on December 08, 2023, 05:26:57 PMNorth Antrim Mafia won't allow it.

A lot probably depends on when the All Ireland section of the competition is scheduled for.

Saffrongael

Quote from: SaffronSports on December 08, 2023, 05:42:39 PM

A lot probably depends on when the All Ireland section of the competition is scheduled for.

After Xmas according to the email about the ticket

SaffronSports

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 08, 2023, 05:45:35 PM
Quote from: SaffronSports on December 08, 2023, 05:42:39 PM

After Xmas according to the email about the ticket

Looks like the All Ireland stage is March so gives plenty of time.

SaffronSports

I see Michael McShane has stepped down from Slaughtneil. I'm sure he'll see plenty of offers. Could he manage in Antrim or will he go further afield again?

NAG1

Quote from: SaffronSports on December 12, 2023, 01:16:08 PMI see Michael McShane has stepped down from Slaughtneil. I'm sure he'll see plenty of offers. Could he manage in Antrim or will he go further afield again?

How about a stint with his own club and try and lift the level down there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on December 13, 2023, 08:40:27 AM
Quote from: SaffronSports on December 12, 2023, 01:16:08 PMI see Michael McShane has stepped down from Slaughtneil. I'm sure he'll see plenty of offers. Could he manage in Antrim or will he go further afield again?

Nearly sure he was manager before in Ballycastle...

Sometimes managing your own team is harder
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 13, 2023, 09:20:14 AM

Yeah and allegedly was being paid, one of the few instances of fellas taking their own club and asking to be paid

johnnycool

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 13, 2023, 09:23:21 AM

Yeah and allegedly was being paid, one of the few instances of fellas taking their own club and asking to be paid

Can't see there being the same amount of money being paid to hurling managers in Antrim, would any be doling out the "expenses"?
Loughgeil, maybe!

NorthAntrim

john de novi? gets more airtime on our socials than most of our players!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 13, 2023, 09:23:21 AM

Allegedly? Some expenses can be given, fuel and stuff, but an actual wage...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea