Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthAntrim

Also the Management isnt the problem its the process? So hopefully its the board the players have the problem with and continue to pull on the Saffron jersey

imtommygunn

Quote from: NorthAntrim on November 29, 2023, 09:17:34 AMAlso the Management isnt the problem its the process? So hopefully its the board the players have the problem with and continue to pull on the Saffron jersey

This ^^ The camogiers have been making great progress so hopefully this doesn't derail them.

Oso

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2023, 08:19:57 AM
Quote from: SaffronSports on November 29, 2023, 12:49:20 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2023, 11:58:29 PMGreat to see so many interested posters worried about Antrim Camogie. It must be well supported and plenty of people involved helping out

Why always so condescending to posters discussing local gaa issues on a local gaa discussion board?

And yes I do support Camogie and would have attended more county Camogie matches than I've attended county matches in any other code over the last few years. Also helped at my local club until commitments changed and even helped briefly at county level when asked to help cover when someone was unavailable for a time.

You can take it as being condescending or you can take it that I'm surprised that it's that well supported outside of parents due to their kids playing...

If people are interested in taking teams that's a good thing too?

Whatever the process has or not been used that's down to the committee that's in place, someone was asking them to step down! Who's going to step up?

Calling people weasels, like come one

So it's me you have an issue with?

I'm not surprised that you're surprised as I haven't seen you at any camogie matches, club or county.  Yet you feel the need to express your "surprise" about something you clearly haven't much insight into?  Aself proclaimed authority on everything GAA it seems.  But when you don't know what you don't know, well.....

So in the professional world of work, for instance. Two candidates interview for the same job, even though one of the candidates is already in the job and progressed the company in successive years and there appears to be no need for change.  The candidate already in the job hasn't even been asked to meet the board for a review and a plan going forward but instead finds out they have to interview for their job again. At the interview the other candidate lies about the tools they have at their disposal to do the job better.  They get the job ahead of the candidate already in the post. It is  immediately clarified after the interview that this candidate intentionally mislead the board and interview panel to get the job.

What would happen? If not a weasel give me a more apt term or discription?

Oso

Quote from: NorthAntrim on November 29, 2023, 09:17:34 AMAlso the Management isnt the problem its the process? So hopefully its the board the players have the problem with and continue to pull on the Saffron jersey

I'd have thought that if you claimed that McManus and Campbell were part of your coaching/backroom team in order to get over the line in an interview and they've come out afterwards to say that that's not the case then you are a massive part of the problem.

Oso

Collins English dictionary

"Weasel"

Noun

Informal

Intentionally evasive or misleading.

NAG1

Shambolic process start to finish.

It's like when they show some signs of moving forward as a board, they always find some way to shoot themselves in the foot.

BelSaft

The 5 lads will be a big loss to the County! why are they moving on? Travel? Game time? Work? Hope all the Cushendall boys commit when they get finished up.

NorthAntrim

Think some cushendall lads could fill the gaps. Should be ok cover wise. You arent replacing Molloy or McManus. Seaan and Maskey are replacable imo. Not guaranteed starters and ONeill the same. Youd hope Boyle nails a starting spot with Conor McCann back and hopefully Clarke we should be ok. Young Joe McCormick cert for county colours at some stage

SaffronSports

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2023, 08:19:57 AM
Quote from: SaffronSports on November 29, 2023, 12:49:20 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2023, 11:58:29 PMGreat to see so many interested posters worried about Antrim Camogie. It must be well supported and plenty of people involved helping out

Why always so condescending to posters discussing local gaa issues on a local gaa discussion board?

And yes I do support Camogie and would have attended more county Camogie matches than I've attended county matches in any other code over the last few years. Also helped at my local club until commitments changed and even helped briefly at county level when asked to help cover when someone was unavailable for a time.

You can take it as being condescending or you can take it that I'm surprised that it's that well supported outside of parents due to their kids playing...

If people are interested in taking teams that's a good thing too?

Whatever the process has or not been used that's down to the committee that's in place, someone was asking them to step down! Who's going to step up?

Calling people weasels, like come one

I certainly never called anyone weasels or said anything negative about anyone here or in my social media content.

Personally, I believe Elaine was harshly treated and one of the players has said the process lacked transparency. Surely Elaine deserved a proper explanation as to what had happened in person or at least over the phone rather than an email during an AGM?

As for Brian and Duck, if someone had come to me and said Elaine Dowds has left Antrim, who should replace her, those two are the clear answer. They done a great job over their two years with the Junior/Intermediate team so that side of it was a penalty kick.

Where some issues lie is was this a sporting decision? A player pointed out that sponsor, county board and senior management now fall under one umbrella so was that why the decision was made?

In my opinion, there are a lot of things that need clarified. I can't see much happening and certainly can't see any decisions being reversed but I do think Elaine deserved better than what she got.

barnish oggie

Quote from: NorthAntrim on November 29, 2023, 11:51:32 AMThink some cushendall lads could fill the gaps. Should be ok cover wise. You arent replacing Molloy or McManus. Seaan and Maskey are replacable imo. Not guaranteed starters and ONeill the same. Youd hope Boyle nails a starting spot with Conor McCann back and hopefully Clarke we should be ok. Young Joe McCormick cert for county colours at some stage

Joe McLaughlin??

Joe McCormick plays for TNN so I am guessing you mean the Cushendall lad!

NorthAntrim

Quote from: barnish oggie on November 29, 2023, 02:25:34 PM
Quote from: NorthAntrim on November 29, 2023, 11:51:32 AMThink some cushendall lads could fill the gaps. Should be ok cover wise. You arent replacing Molloy or McManus. Seaan and Maskey are replacable imo. Not guaranteed starters and ONeill the same. Youd hope Boyle nails a starting spot with Conor McCann back and hopefully Clarke we should be ok. Young Joe McCormick cert for county colours at some stage

Joe McLaughlin??

Joe McCormick plays for TNN so I am guessing you mean the Cushendall lad!

Brain freeze

imtommygunn

I don't see an awful lot of games these days but I thought McCormick (Niall) looked worth a go based on county final performance at least.

I think McLaughlin a bit young yet but I honestly think he looks a better prospect than any we have seen in antrim for years. Still a school boy so senior a bit much I think.

SaffronSports

There are quite a few young talented players in Antrim that could step up hopefully. The trouble is intercounty hurling isn't just about how good a hurler you are these days and obviously there's a lot to do with athleticism which makes it harder for young lads.

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 29, 2023, 04:48:23 PMI don't see an awful lot of games these days but I thought McCormick (Niall) looked worth a go based on county final performance at least.

I think McLaughlin a bit young yet but I honestly think he looks a better prospect than any we have seen in antrim for years. Still a school boy so senior a bit much I think.

Agree Niall McCormick is a super hurler, great work rate and does the simple stuff.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 29, 2023, 04:48:23 PMI don't see an awful lot of games these days but I thought McCormick (Niall) looked worth a go based on county final performance at least.

Far too early to be brought into the squad I reckon. He's still at school.

There's bound to be 4 or 5 club lads who would be capable of stepping up to play for the county. Lads who are 25ish and are decent club players with a good attitude.

Can't see why people are looking to bring school lads into a senior inter-county panel. Even lads who are U20 are nearly too young imo.

Players need to be a bit more physically developed and a bit more savy.