Feile na nGael 2014

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, May 12, 2014, 09:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Harold Disgracey

What a fantastic weekend of hurling.

My son fractured his wrist 3 weeks ago and was absolutely devastated not to be able to play, the rest of the boys on the Derrynoose team said they would do their best to win for him. They did as promised, winning the Division 4 shield, beating Pallasgreen from Limerick in the final by a point. My son was delighted to receive his medal but was still upset that he couldn't play.

From the games I saw Clare are going to have a superstar in a few years time, a young lad playing for Corofin was absolutely outstanding and I will definitely watching out for him down the line.

On a sour note Portaferry, especially their manager, were a disgrace and everyone associated with the club should be embarrassed at their antics. What sort of manager at underage sends his team out to deliberately take out his oppositions best players, they were extremely lucky to only have two players sent off and no one was too badly hurt.

johnneycool

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on June 23, 2014, 10:29:52 AM

My son fractured his wrist 3 weeks ago and was absolutely devastated not to be able to play, the rest of the boys on the Derrynoose team said they would do their best to win for him. They did as promised, winning the Division 4 shield, beating Pallasgreen from Limerick in the final by a point. My son was delighted to receive his medal but was still upset that he couldn't play.

From the games I saw Clare are going to have a superstar in a few years time, a young lad playing for Corofin was absolutely outstanding and I will definitely watching out for him down the line.

On a sour note Portaferry, especially their manager, were a disgrace and everyone associated with the club should be embarrassed at their antics. What sort of manager at underage sends his team out to deliberately take out his oppositions best players, they were extremely lucky to only have two players sent off and no one was too badly hurt.

Was he a big lad carrying a bit of a beer gut?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on June 23, 2014, 10:46:53 AM

I ref'd your lads in the shield quarters on Sat, How'd they do on the Sunday?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Harold Disgracey

The boys did remark about a "fat bastard" on the line!

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2014, 10:53:16 AM

I ref'd your lads in the shield quarters on Sat, How'd they do on the Sunday?

Beaten well by Swatragh in the shield semi-final.

Swatragh beat the Johnnies in the final.

TBH these lads have come from nowhere, they've been well beaten all the way up through the levels until this year where they unexpectedly got to the Down Feile final and were beaten by Bredagh.

Considering the number of 10, 11 and 12 year olds we have on the team its good going for them,

johnneycool

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on June 23, 2014, 11:12:05 AM

The boys did remark about a "fat b**tard" on the line!

I presume the "fat b**stard" line came from adults and not the Derrynoose youngsters  ;)

Harold Disgracey

The little angels wouldn't utter such profanities. Mine especially!

Armagh CĂșchulainns

Managed to swing a bit of time off to make it out to our own venue on the friday and Saturday and because of the chaos in dungamnon caught all semis on the Sunday.

Corofin no 11 - a class act. Led to believe he scored 3.14 from 3.16 in a championship match last year.

The actions of the portaferry team were poor - a team who lacked discipline which wasn't forthcoming from mentors/coaches.

Although I also noticed that the derrynoose no 9 was sent off in a match on the saturday and booked in a number of others for some very poor gamesmanship.

A fantastic weekend and congrats to all with a massive effort put in by our u14 players parents management and club members.
Its all about the Hurling.

Harold Disgracey

Yes, the Derrynoose no 9 can have his moments, saying that I would commend the restraint he showed in the Portaferry game. If I recall correctly over the 6 games he picked up 3 yellow cards, the second one resulting in his sending off was a tad harsh, the reaction to his sending off by some of the opposing team and supporters was unedifying. I hate to admit it but I enthusiastically applauded the resulting missed free as a consequence of this, something I hate to see others do. I thought the referee in this game was very poor, the other teams he refereed had an even lower opinion of him. 

The Corofin no 11 scored 6-5 of their 6-6 in their quarter final & 12 points, I think, in the semi. One of their coaches was telling me about that championship match, they are rightly proud of him.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on June 23, 2014, 03:09:45 PM
Yes, the Derrynoose no 9 can have his moments, saying that I would commend the restraint he showed in the Portaferry game. If I recall correctly over the 6 games he picked up 3 yellow cards, the second one resulting in his sending off was a tad harsh, the reaction to his sending off by some of the opposing team and supporters was unedifying. I hate to admit it but I enthusiastically applauded the resulting missed free as a consequence of this, something I hate to see others do. I thought the referee in this game was very poor, the other teams he refereed had an even lower opinion of him. 

The Corofin no 11 scored 6-5 of their 6-6 in their quarter final & 12 points, I think, in the semi. One of their coaches was telling me about that championship match, they are rightly proud of him.

Always the referee who started it lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

So, was the new format a success?

Or were the harbingers of doom who wanted the old format retained silenced?

Canalman

Probably a good thing to take the steam out of the monster that Feile had become over a number of years now.

Kilmacud Crokes I think won the de facto All Ireland title by winning a blitz down in Tipperary for all div 1  "top" county winners.

johnneycool

I think all the Ulster teams who took part would consider it a success, even the additional shield games etc, etc gave them something to go for as long as possible.

The travel may have been a bug bearer, but will it spread over the whole province, it was always going to be a problem, but the youngsters didn't seem to mind.