Premier League 2017/18

Started by heganboy, July 19, 2017, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Jesus!! 3 wins against 3 mid or low end table teams...

Top four would be a huge target based on last years results...

Anyone thinks Utd have it in the bag and it's still August is deluded or a WUM
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mouview

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2017, 03:57:46 PM

Mark my words. MU have cruised past Swansea, West Ham and Leicester. All the other main contenders have dropped points already, some to the likes of Burnley, Everton, Watford etc., Citeh relying on a last-minute winner away to Bournemouth. Hard to see that happening to United. Lukaku has been criticised for only scoring against the weaker teams, but that should be well enough, based on results from other seasons.

OgraAnDun

City won their first five ir six games last season too.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2017, 03:57:46 PM

Leicester would be better than mid table these days i would say. Only played for 2 months last yea and still avoided relegation. League between man united and chelsea i think. As it stands pep will last maximum one more season. Team can't defend.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: OgraAnDun on August 28, 2017, 05:12:54 PM
City won their first five ir six games last season too.
And Man United won their first 3 games last season and finished 6th. I expect a big improvement from both Manchester clubs this season. Guardiola,Mourinho are top managers and both should know their strengths and weakness of their panels better now and both have bought well in the transfer market. Liverpool will be there or thereabouts also but the extra games in Europe will likely hurt their chances of challenging for the title. I could be wrong but i don't see Chelsea repeating the season they had last year but should still finish in the top 4.

J70

Quote from: mouview on August 28, 2017, 03:40:57 PM
Is this the earliest ever the league has been over? MU rattling in goals and conceding none. Immensely solid looking with a lot of options in most positions. They'll tidy up all the dross with the loss of very few points in a way the other contenders just can't do, and in typical Mourinho fashion get a draw/win from the rest of the top 5 to keep them at bay. Arsenal are gone and Wenger won't last the season, Spurs can't win 'at home', 'Pool haven't the depth or power, Citeh ageing a bit and not yet comfortable under Guardiola, Chelsea haven't bought under Conte and Costa is a giant pebble in the shoe at the moment. At 23/10 with PPs, United look cracking value.

Do we not hear this EVERY year?? ;D

Capt Pat

Liverpool are going to make a big challenge this year in both the premier league and the champions league. Chelsea after an opening day hiccup will challenge for the title again this year. Arsenal are finished in terms of challenging for top spot. Man City won't win it either, their defence is not good enough at this point in time. Man U haven't played any of the top sides yet and until they do you can not say they are title contenders or champions in waiting.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 28, 2017, 11:42:16 PM
Liverpool are going to make a big challenge this year in both the premier league and the champions league. Chelsea after an opening day hiccup will challenge for the title again this year. Arsenal are finished in terms of challenging for top spot. Man City won't win it either, their defence is not good enough at this point in time. Man U haven't played any of the top sides yet and until they do you can not say they are title contenders or champions in waiting.

What's this now?

Boycey

In recent years transfer deadline day has been a damp squib but this years looks as if it might be a cracker! Jim White will self combust.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Boycey on August 29, 2017, 07:57:00 PM
In recent years transfer deadline day has been a damp squib but this years looks as if it might be a cracker! Jim White will self combust.
Costa, sanchez, VVD,  Coutinho, Marhez, OX chamberlin, Mustafi, Lemar, Shako, drinkwater, Sterling, Barkley, Lorente all still to be resolved.
Always a  couple out of the blue as well.
its gonna be a crazy 48 hours
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Boycey

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 30, 2017, 09:31:31 AM
Quote from: Boycey on August 29, 2017, 07:57:00 PM
Costa, sanchez, VVD,  Coutinho, Marhez, OX chamberlin, Mustafi, Lemar, Shako, drinkwater, Sterling, Barkley, Lorente all still to be resolved.
Always a  couple out of the blue as well.
its gonna be a crazy 48 hours

There'll also be one huge out of the blue transfer I reckon..

AZOffaly

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 30, 2017, 09:51:18 AM
Bale to United?

Yeah might have been a runner but Madrid not getting Mbappe would seem to make it less of a chance?

NAG1

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 30, 2017, 09:51:18 AM
Bale to United?

I dont know if I would be keen on this one at this point, if you bring him in at 60 plus million, the pressure to play him becomes automatic.
Obviously he is a great player just something about it makes me wary.

Plus I think it is a bit of paper talk anyway and more than likely to stay at Mardid.