Premier League 2017/18

Started by heganboy, July 19, 2017, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Why did the Sky Sports commentator keep saying tonight that Pep Guardiola has reached his first Wembley final when in fact he reached the FA cup final last year and a few Wembley finals with Barcelona?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 23, 2018, 09:40:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2018, 09:12:41 PM
City have a very strong team out tonight, taking no chances
Beaten 2-3 tonight with the last kick of the game and so close to 1-1 in the first leg. A fantastic effort by Bristol City.

Probably gave City their hardest games this season
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Aaron Boone

Bristol the biggest city in England never to have a Premier League team.
Having two medium-sized clubs in a rugby town is part of the problem.

Maiden1

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 23, 2018, 09:47:52 PM
Why did the Sky Sports commentator keep saying tonight that Pep Guardiola has reached his first Wembley final when in fact he reached the FA cup final last year and a few Wembley finals with Barcelona?
Arsenal Chelsea final last season
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Maiden1 on January 23, 2018, 09:59:41 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 23, 2018, 09:47:52 PM
Arsenal Chelsea final last season
Forgot it was a Wembley semi final that Arsenal beat Manchester City in. He still reached a few Wembley finals before.

Milltown Row2

50/1 for Huddersfield at the minute
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trileacman

Did athelico Bilbao have a policy once that they only had a squad of players of basque origin? I just seen that Man City signed a French player of theirs and I always had this idea all Bilbao players were basque but I may have just took that notion.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

macdanger2

Quote from: trileacman on January 30, 2018, 09:00:18 PM
Did athelico Bilbao have a policy once that they only had a squad of players of basque origin? I just seen that Man City signed a French player of theirs and I always had this idea all Bilbao players were basque but I may have just took that notion.

They did but not as strict anymore AFAIK. However, part of the basque is in France so yer man could be basque

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 30, 2018, 11:25:03 PM

They did but not as strict anymore AFAIK. However, part of the basque is in France so yer man could be basque

It's still strict as ever. Part of France is in the Basque region so they qualify. Inaki Williams' family moved to Bilbao before he was born so that's how he qualifies.

Bilbao are one of the few professional clubs not set up as a corporation also.

AZOffaly

Quite a significant part of Southern France is Basque. Biarritz and Bayonne, the big French Rugby clubs are proudly Basque. Actually Catalonia runs into France as well. Perpignon are Catalan.

OgraAnDun

If your granny once lived in the Basque Country for a period of time a few decades ago, they'll say it's enough to claim you as Basque and therefore sign you.

Avondhu star

Quote from: OgraAnDun on January 31, 2018, 09:02:14 AM

If your granny once lived in the Basque Country for a period of time a few decades ago, they'll say it's enough to claim you as Basque and therefore sign you.

They must have spoken with the F.A.I.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Milltown Row2

Have backed Spurs. A win and a 3-1 win also... Utd could surprise me but Spurs have hit a rich vein of form lately while Utd have grinded out results

SHEEDY

Spurs ahead after 11 seconds.
nil satis nisi optimum