Mayo v Galway, MacHale Park, Sunday 13th May 4pm

Started by From the Bunker, April 01, 2018, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Duine Eile on April 16, 2018, 10:42:54 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on April 16, 2018, 06:17:21 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 16, 2018, 06:02:49 PM
Rumours that Eamon Brannigan one of Galways best players in the league this year will be ruled out of this game after he was carried off injured in a club game at the weekend. The Connaught telegraph are reporting that both Harrison and C O Connor will miss this game.

Brannigan will be a big loss, one of the top players for Galway this year so far.

He's a loss no doubt but I could see Johnny Heaney able to play Brannigan's role which would allow Kieran Molloy in at wing back, realistically though Walsh would probably start Gary O'D before Molloy given his lack of game time. Apparently Micheal Lundy isn't rejoining the panel, he would have played a similar role to Brannigan's with Corofin, could be a loss as the year goes on and if the injuries begin to add up.

Rumours the Farraghers are not involved either and that Power, Molloy, Steede and Burke are the only Corofin players that have joined the panel. Seems a fair few players are not making themselves available by the looks of it. I thought Ray Silke sounded slightly critical of them for it on that Newstalk interview last weekend. Without saying too much being a Corofin man himself.

An Fhairche Abu

Silke defo had a slight cut off them, I'm paraphrasing but he was on about challenging themselves at the very top level. That said the commitment is huge, I can't honestly blame any players for turning it down regardless of how detrimental it is to Galway football, it's easy talk when it's not you putting the countless hours in. Ian Burke is the only player who will push for a start anyway I think.
It would be better for Galway football if Corofin got beaten in the county championship this year, even Silke admitted as much in that offtheball piece. I can't see it happening though.

Rumours that Eamon Brannigan one of Galways best players in the league this year will be ruled out of this game after he was carried off injured in a club game at the weekend. The Connaught telegraph are reporting that both Harrison and C O Connor will miss this game.

Brannigan will be a big loss, one of the top players for Galway this year so far.

He's a loss no doubt but I could see Johnny Heaney able to play Brannigan's role which would allow Kieran Molloy in at wing back, realistically though Walsh would probably start Gary O'D before Molloy given his lack of game time. Apparently Micheal Lundy isn't rejoining the panel, he would have played a similar role to Brannigan's with Corofin, could be a loss as the year goes on and if the injuries begin to add up.

We don't have anyone that is a complete like for like, he has done fairly well against Mayo in recent times also, it's disappointing that he won't be available by the sounds of it. The squad is a bit better in terms of depth to cope with injuries then other years though in fairness.

Duine Eile

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 16, 2018, 11:15:48 PM

Rumours the Farraghers are not involved either and that Power, Molloy, Steede and Burke are the only Corofin players that have joined the panel. Seems a fair few players are not making themselves available by the looks of it. I thought Ray Silke sounded slightly critical of them for it on that Newstalk interview last weekend. Without saying too much being a Corofin man himself.

It's hard to blame them for not going in to be honest, at this late stage they're not going to start games and probably won't be first sub on but yet they're away from their club so can't play most league games during the summer and along with that are getting no game time for the county so they're ending up playing no football and one thing I know about those Corofin lads, and others I'm sure, is they love their football so they're a bit caught really. It's a serious disadvantage of the club championship going on until March, we have no idea really if these newer Corofin lads like Wall, Martin
Farragher and Molloy are at inter county level and a Connacht championship game against Mayo in Castlebar is not where you want to find out that answer!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Orchard park on April 16, 2018, 10:29:33 PM
Lar

I asked what entitlement / experirncev you had to judge on mental health....

Yiur response is childish at best.  But teacher he said she said lalala

No need to be A cranky p***k in my eyes whether you are here 12 years or not..... ignore the  man if you dont like him calling you out 're Alan Freeman
I forgot when I said I was finished with this spat with Syferus that I hadn't explained what I had hoped to achieve by insulting the great man.
In short this is why and there is no point in going any further. This thread is not started for this type of carry on. I'm genuinely sorry that I had to upset some other posters by what I wrote but, to me, it was a case of the end justifying the means.
This is what made me decide to see if he fancied a dose of his own medicine:

"I don't think you've ever managed to post a single sentence that a sane person could agree with."
By any standard, the insinuation therein is totally unacceptable.
So I decided to test him out with the same line of debate, as it were. Like I thought, he's far better at giving than taking.
You can add this little gem to the mix:

"I would say you're divorced from reality."
Like he says himself, he gets lots of insults thrown at him but none of them bothers him.
No wonder he gets insulted when he comes up with the likes of this:

"You have clearly marked yourself out as someone who is living in a world far removed from most people."

I don't believe there is anything worse in what I wrote to him and my reason for so doing was to bring home to him that firing insults like snuff at a wedding on anonymous forums is no way to conduct a civilised debate.

Now, very definitely over and out. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Farrandeelin

I'm imagining Loftus, Andy and Doherty will be Mayo's inside line if COC isn't going to feature. You never know with Rochford though, what rabbit he might pull out of the hat...maybe Drake.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 17, 2018, 10:58:45 AM
I'm imagining Loftus, Andy and Doherty will be Mayo's inside line if COC isn't going to feature. You never know with Rochford though, what rabbit he might pull out of the hat...maybe Drake.

Wrong thread Farr  ;D

Orchard park

who will be freetaker ?? Loftus ?

Tubberman

Quote from: Orchard park on April 17, 2018, 11:37:28 AM

Everyone could get a go if things aren't going well!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Orchard park

Quote from: Tubberman on April 17, 2018, 11:41:56 AM
Quote from: Orchard park on April 17, 2018, 11:37:28 AM

Everyone could get a go if things aren't going well!

who hit the least wide during the league type stuff

An Fhairche Abu

I wouldn't believe a solitary thing coming out from the Mayo camp with regards to injuries and possible absentees, Cillian O'Connor could well be lining the frees up against Galway yet. I'm half expecting Keegan to run out of the tunnel on the 13th.

Blowitupref

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on April 17, 2018, 12:26:51 PM
I wouldn't believe a solitary thing coming out from the Mayo camp with regards to injuries and possible absentees, Cillian O'Connor could well be lining the frees up against Galway yet. I'm half expecting Keegan to run out of the tunnel on the 13th.
Grade 2 hamstring Cillian O Connor apparently got v Tyrone which is a normally 4 to 6 weeks recovery time so educated guess would say he will be back for the Galway game.  The injury Keegan got is more long term.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

bucko

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 17, 2018, 12:53:27 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on April 17, 2018, 12:26:51 PM
Grade 2 hamstring Cillian O Connor apparently got v Tyrone which is a normally 4 to 6 weeks recovery time so educated guess would say he will be back for the Galway game.  The injury Keegan got is more long term.
Robbie Henshaw is back in contention for Leinster's champions cup match on Saturday day. Given that he suffered a similar injury to Keegan on the 10th of February it's fair to say that we won't be seeing Lee back in action until after the end of May, at the very earliest.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 17, 2018, 11:11:22 AM

Wrong thread Farr  ;D

Indeed. If I was any good at thinking up.shite and writing it, it might be some use. Seriously that Revellino guy is doing my nuts in over on mayogaablog.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 17, 2018, 01:39:00 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on April 17, 2018, 11:11:22 AM

Wrong thread Farr  ;D

Indeed. If I was any good at thinking up.shite and writing it, it might be some use. Seriously that Revellino guy is doing my nuts in over on mayogaablog.
Just as well you no good at it because you can take my word for it that it can be bloody hard work at times and the worst part is that you gotta read what you wrote yourself.  ;D
Why bother going near this Revellino guy when you know he is going to annoy you? You don't go to Willie Joe's site if you are looking for reasoned argument and insightful analysis do you? I'm sure there must be at least one forum like it in every county where the lowest common denominators meet.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 17, 2018, 10:54:04 AM
Quote from: Orchard park on April 16, 2018, 10:29:33 PM
Lar

I asked what entitlement / experirncev you had to judge on mental health....

Yiur response is childish at best.  But teacher he said she said lalala

No need to be A cranky p***k in my eyes whether you are here 12 years or not..... ignore the  man if you dont like him calling you out 're Alan Freeman
I forgot when I said I was finished with this spat with Syferus that I hadn't explained what I had hoped to achieve by insulting the great man.
In short this is why and there is no point in going any further. This thread is not started for this type of carry on. I'm genuinely sorry that I had to upset some other posters by what I wrote but, to me, it was a case of the end justifying the means.
This is what made me decide to see if he fancied a dose of his own medicine:

"I don't think you've ever managed to post a single sentence that a sane person could agree with."
By any standard, the insinuation therein is totally unacceptable.
So I decided to test him out with the same line of debate, as it were. Like I thought, he's far better at giving than taking.
You can add this little gem to the mix:

"I would say you're divorced from reality."
Like he says himself, he gets lots of insults thrown at him but none of them bothers him.
No wonder he gets insulted when he comes up with the likes of this:

"You have clearly marked yourself out as someone who is living in a world far removed from most people."

I don't believe there is anything worse in what I wrote to him and my reason for so doing was to bring home to him that firing insults like snuff at a wedding on anonymous forums is no way to conduct a civilised debate.

Now, very definitely over and out. ;D

Stop trying to justify the unjustifiable.