Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois fan

I wonder are plaois suffering from moving out of the town and kids can no longer walk/cycle to the club.sometimes parents arent bothered dropping kids to football on a sat/sun morning which is a real shame

Don Draper

Quote from: Laois fan on April 06, 2017, 03:01:00 PM
I wonder are plaois suffering from moving out of the town and kids can no longer walk/cycle to the club.sometimes parents arent bothered dropping kids to football on a sat/sun morning which is a real shame
The parents aren't worth a f**king shite if thats the case.

redsetanta

Parents are normally quite happy to have someone babysit for a couple of hours.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

clonadmad

clonadmad

Great stuff

Creedon out.......... and back down the road to Tipperary

maigheo

Would not mind if Conor Sweeney was a Mayo man. :)Class forward

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on April 08, 2017, 05:26:59 PM
Great stuff

Creedon out.......... and back down the road to Tipperary
I hear Delaney is being head hunted to replace Kearns and revolutionize the Tipp underage set up.

scaldy

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on April 05, 2017, 11:03:42 AM
This all revolves around Portlaoise, I seen a Laois Today Picture from 2009 when they won the Feile.  Correct me if I am wrong not one of them is a starting player on the Portlaoise Senior Team now.   BallyroanAbbey and St Paul's are the dominant clubs at underage as of last year.  I suppose the financial pressure Portlaoise were under has forced them to take their eye off the ball.  A few years back George Doyle was managing the minors I asked someone on it how many from Portlaoise are on it and he said none, I swear I nearly fell over.  How could anyone expect to do anything at juvenile in this county without Portlaoise.  Regardless of what other clubs think Portlaoise has to get more support, it's where the vast majority of our population live

Actually Portarlington, Graigue & Mountmellick should be thrown in

These Clubs need serious help
The Rural Clubs could do with improvements but however bad their situation is the town clubs are in serious bother.

scaldy

This all revolves around Portlaoise, I seen a Laois Today Picture from 2009 when they won the Feile.  Correct me if I am wrong not one of them is a starting player on the Portlaoise Senior Team now.   BallyroanAbbey and St Paul's are the dominant clubs at underage as of last year.  I suppose the financial pressure Portlaoise were under has forced them to take their eye off the ball.  A few years back George Doyle was managing the minors I asked someone on it how many from Portlaoise are on it and he said none, I swear I nearly fell over.  How could anyone expect to do anything at juvenile in this county without Portlaoise.  Regardless of what other clubs think Portlaoise has to get more support, it's where the vast majority of our population live

The Rural Clubs could do with improvements but however bad their situation is the town clubs are in serious bother.
people should be careful what the wish for,the town is still there,every now and then clubs get a purple patch, and think the town in bother.If your evolved long enough you will find out this.Ballyroan you seem very got up in your recent success at under age and fair play to yourselves and abbey leix for the work ye put in, it has to be commended,but not to long ago Jim whelan was asking the county board could the u16 champ. be 13 aside because they had not enough players, as well as giving walk overs at minor level.FOR the record when George doyle was minor manger there was 10 portlaoise lads in the squad,unprecedented by laois standards.

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: scaldy on April 09, 2017, 12:21:28 AM

people should be careful what the wish for,the town is still there,every now and then clubs get a purple patch, and think the town in bother.If your evolved long enough you will find out this.Ballyroan you seem very got up in your recent success at under age and fair play to yourselves and abbey leix for the work ye put in, it has to be commended,but not to long ago Jim whelan was asking the county board could the u16 champ. be 13 aside because they had not enough players, as well as giving walk overs at minor level.FOR the record when George doyle was minor manger there was 10 portlaoise lads in the squad,unprecedented by laois standards.

Firstly I want Portlaoise to be strong if you read the post,  I think it's quite important that Portlaoise are the strongest club in Laois.  A Club with a population of 20,000 should be far stronger at juvenile than BallyroanAbbey, Mountmellick,Portarlington and Graigue with picks in the 3000-5000.  Secondly BallyroanAbbey picks only increase from U12 after 2013 and will stay high due to Abbeyleix and Ballyroan taking time to bed in at juvenile. 

I think alot of you forget we are only a relatively recent set up in our current body.  In 2007 we became BallyroanAbbey that does not immediately mean everything became one all of a sudden.  That is still an on-going process which will continue to develop.  I think it will get stronger and is only starting.

On Portlaoise's numbers with George Doyle,  maybe I am wrong but I think it was the  first championship game against Wicklow no Portlaoise player started.  If my memory serves me correct he changed it against Longford.  It was the team I was referring to not the squad.