2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 06, 2018, 12:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giovanni

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on November 16, 2018, 12:07:28 AM
And just to continue Dublin's run of good fortune...

Home comforts will continue on the double for Dubs next year
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/home-comforts-will-continue-on-the-double-for-dubs-next-year-37530481.html

Really don't understand how all the other counties, who are pumping hundreds of thousands into the preparation of their teams, are accepting this.

On the question of the removal of our home game, there is also an issue for all of the other teams in the Division. Only one team in the Division (the one who avoids having to travel to Portlaoise) will have obtained an advantage that the other teams have not been given. How can that be fair on all the other teams either. The whole thing is a total joke.

High Fielder

Quote from: Giovanni on November 15, 2018, 11:53:56 AM
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/11/15/john-sugrue-farcical-nature-of-ruling-against-us-as-gaa-create-culture-of-rule-bending/

This is the crux of it. Are we going to be honest in the application of this rule or not? Or are we just going to hit the eejits that haven't taken the care to buy a ticket for Daniel O Connell's birthplace.

I suppose we'll know better next time.......... Is that what they want?

They want the odd soft touch to roll over and have their belly tickled. It's sad to say but Don is right and it's stuff like the COE funding that makes us the teacher's pet. There are of course other behind the scenes political maneuverings that make anything that John Sugrue has to say irrelevant. It's sad to say and I don't like admitting it because I'm proud of the man and how he conducts himself. But in truth, he'd have been better off wring to Santa. It would have got more of a hearing at least.

Giovanni

Does anyone know how much CoE funding we get from HQ? Is this proportionately more than the amounts received by other counties for similar facilities? I don't know much about the finances but I don't think we're getting any special treatment from a financial point of view.

High Fielder

Mistake number two Giovanni. Assuming everything afforded to Laois can be measured in the yearly accounts. I'll say no more

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on November 16, 2018, 12:35:02 PM
Mistake number two Giovanni. Assuming everything afforded to Laois can be measured in the yearly accounts. I'll say no more
+1

Giovanni

Jesus! I'm sure you boys are closer to the administration of the GAA than I am but if it's really the case that HQ is not being transparent about the payments to various counties, then I'm afraid the future's not bright! So the CoE is being funded on a nod and a wink? Hard to credit that!

High Fielder

The politics of county boards and GAA Councils would make Brexit look like a tea party. The COE is a small cog in the wheel. The loss of home advantage another small cog. You just wouldn't know and probably wouldn't want to the full mechanics. Best just to suck it up and get on with it. This wheel is not for reinventing.

Giovanni

I saw from the Programmes in the last few months that they were looking for sponsors to support the CoE. I had intended to give them something this Xmas. I think I'll give it to the local soccer club instead. John Delaney seems like a paragon of virtue compared to this shit.

High Fielder

I would never discourage anyone from giving towards our development. But you could argue, and you'd have a point, that taking away home games from our own supporters does nothing to develop football in the county. At the end of the day, lads were showing commitment to Laois, and because of a jumped up rule from an equally jumped up administration, we have been penalised. I don't understand it, and in many ways it does little for my interest in the game. The GAA should never discourage a county like Laois, and they should be ashamed of themselves for doing so.

Unlaoised

We will play Louth in Parnell park we will win it will be forgotton about we will move on
LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Sugrue confident his side are on track in preparation for Allianz National League opener

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/01/08/sugrue-confident-his-side-are-on-track-in-allianz-national-league-preperation/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

The PRO

Playing Louth in Croker. Curtain raiser to a ladies football game!  ::)

Laois Rising

Saves them having to open up Parnell Park I guess.

Don Draper

Quote from: The PRO on January 11, 2019, 10:48:26 AM
Curtain raiser to a double header actually.

The Laois hurlers would kill to play in Croker. Have at it I say

The last game with Carlow should be tasty  8)

The PRO

Quote from: Don Draper on January 11, 2019, 12:59:16 PM
Quote from: The PRO on January 11, 2019, 10:48:26 AM
Curtain raiser to a double header actually.

The Laois hurlers would kill to play in Croker. Have at it I say

The last game with Carlow should be tasty  8)
Suits the grandest anyway. Laois match, watch the rugby on a telly in premium level and then watch the Dubs.