The Official Fantastic Glasgow Rangers thread

Started by T Fearon, December 12, 2007, 09:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

The RTE commentary wasn't as excited as the Sky lot, the commentator said something like Ronnie Rozental can now rest in peace.

I was delighted for Lyon, Rangers were set up to get a draw.
Also delighted that Rangers lost, don't know why, something genetic I guess and maybe all the people I know around the world who's day today whatever the trouble will be made all the easier.

T Fearon

Agreed! It is simply amazing how a simple football result can induce a complete mood swing from depression to delirium.

You should have listened to the commentary on Radio 5 last night and heard that bluenose twat Alan Green have a heart attack when the huns missed a sitter and Lyon went up and scored their second! Priceless. ;D

nifan

I was happy to see rangers go out.
I never like to see the old firm do too well - we have to hear farcical rubbish about how they would be in the upper echelons of the premier league repeatedly then.

clarshack

Quote from: nifan on December 13, 2007, 02:05:52 PM
I was happy to see rangers go out.
I never like to see the old firm do too well - we have to hear farcical rubbish about how they would be in the upper echelons of the premier league repeatedly then.

people conveniently forget that if celtic and rangers were in the EPL they WOULD NOT have the squads they currently have. they would have the money to attract top players and subsequently would do well - hardly farcical rubbish.

nifan

they have no idea what the effect playing teams like they would meet in the prem week in week out would do.
Rangers and celtic would not have the luxury of numerous "gimmee" games during the season where they win at a canter. Theyd be up against sides who would be at the top of the spl every single week.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on December 13, 2007, 02:45:37 PM
they have no idea what the effect playing teams like they would meet in the prem week in week out would do.
Rangers and celtic would not have the luxury of numerous "gimmee" games during the season where they win at a canter. Theyd be up against sides who would be at the top of the spl every single week.

Who would that be then? Wigan, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Blackburn, Middlesborough!  ;)
Tbc....

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: T Fearon on December 13, 2007, 01:19:04 PM
Gaoth Dobhair, hypothetical  questions cannot really be answered. fact is I am a fan of both clubs and put my money where my mouth is, just as I am a fan of more than one Rock Band, TV programme etc etc ;D

Have u got a few birds on the go or do u keep yourself to just the one??? Football is a lot like women, u can only get away with loyalty to one!!!
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 13, 2007, 11:37:27 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 12, 2007, 10:38:09 PMPersonally for pure footballing reasons i would have liked to see Rangers go thru..I don't care about religion,politics when it comes to soccer and i think it have been great to see Rangers meet Chelsea or Man United or possibly even Celtic in the round after

Do u care about a club singing about being up to their knees in Fenian blood???

There in lies the problem if you ask me...
I support teams not fans(im not a Rangers fan btw or Celtic for that matter)..
If i was to worry about what fans did and sang i'd hardly be a Liverpool fan now would I?
Im sure half if not most of the Rangers players know f**k all about what the Rangers fans are singing about,I like to see good soccer matches and i would have liked to see Rangers go thru purely for that reason because it would have been interesting too see them play Man U,Chelsea or possibly even Celtic in the latter stages..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 13, 2007, 02:50:35 PM

Who would that be then? Wigan, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Blackburn, Middlesborough!  ;)

Portsmouth and Blackburn are as good as any team in the SPL
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 13, 2007, 03:02:39 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 12, 2007, 10:38:09 PMPersonally for pure footballing reasons i would have liked to see Rangers go thru..I don't care about religion,politics when it comes to soccer and i think it have been great to see Rangers meet Chelsea or Man United or possibly even Celtic in the round after

If i was to worry about what fans did and sang i'd hardly be a Liverpool fan now would I?
Im sure half if not most of the Rangers players know f**k all about what the Rangers fans are singing about,I like to see good soccer matches and i would have liked to see Rangers go thru purely for that reason because it would have been interesting too see them play Man U,Chelsea or possibly even Celtic in the latter stages..

:o :o :o A club is defined by those who turn up week in week out to support it, their history and their associated baggage if applicable. IMO it's all about the fans, players come and go, the fans will be there through the good times and the bad. Invariably I find myself developing soft spots for clubs with a decent fanbase and dare I say it a good community feel about them, e.g. Barca & Villareal. Used to support Inter in de Seria A as a nipper, can't stand them now... You can't seperate the club/team from the fans, they are inextricably linked...

clarshack

Theyd be up against sides who would be at the top of the spl every single week.

take away the top 4 in the EPl and the rest are nothing special.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 13, 2007, 03:14:39 PM

:o :o :o A club is defined by those who turn up week in week out to support it, their history and their associated baggage if applicable. IMO it's all about the fans, players come and go, the fans will be there through the good times and the bad. Invariably I find myself developing soft spots for clubs with a decent fanbase and dare I say it a good community feel about them, e.g. Barca & Villareal. Used to support Inter in de Seria A as a nipper, can't stand them now... You can't seperate the club/team from the fans, they are inextricably linked...

Well if thats the case i will have to stop supporting Liverpool because everyone knows their history...
Seriously though i can see what your point is but for me it's all about the club and not the fans who support them
Btw is this the same Barca fans who made monkey jestures at Shaun Wright Philips and threw a pigs head at Figo when he returned to the Nou Camp after joining Real Madrid?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 13, 2007, 03:21:46 PM

Well if thats the case i will have to stop supporting Liverpool because everyone knows their history...
Seriously though i can see what your point is but for me it's all about the club and not the fans who support them
Btw is this the same Barca fans who made monkey jestures at Shaun Wright Philips and threw a pigs head at Figo when he returned to the Nou Camp after joining Real Madrid?

Was fully mindful of the Figo incident when typing and in a perverse way find it humurous. What better way to show your disgust at one of your star players following the dollar to the establishment club, your main rivals, than smuggling a pigs head into the ground... Not aware of the SWP incident, was it not Spanish fans who were booing him and Ashley Cole in the Bernabeu???

On a side note, thought Liverpool had successfully dealt with their problems till the CL final last year. Was in Anfield for the Celtic game in 03 and might as well have been sat in the away section, it was that safe. Great craic before, during and after...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 13, 2007, 03:35:04 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 13, 2007, 03:21:46 PM

Was fully mindful of the Figo incident when typing and in a perverse way find it humurous. What better way to show your disgust at one of your star players following the dollar to the establishment club, your main rivals, than smuggling a pigs head into the ground... Not aware of the SWP incident, was it not Spanish fans who were booing him and Ashley Cole in the Bernabeu???

On a side note, thought Liverpool had successfully dealt with their problems till the CL final last year. Was in Anfield for the Celtic game in 03 and might as well have been sat in the away section, it was that safe. Great craic before, during and after...

Chelsea haven't played Madrid in the last few years but they have played Barca twice in the Nou Camp in the last few years so im fairly sure it was Barcelona fans but i could be mistaken
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

My apologises you were spot on it was in Madrid at a friendly between England and Spain...I was getting me wires crossed  :-[
You'll Never Walk Alone.