Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: NAG1 on October 23, 2017, 03:56:09 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2017, 03:45:57 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on October 23, 2017, 03:32:50 PM
Wonder why the under-21 championship has to proceed as winter approaches......already behind schedule and possibly a Christmas date for the finals... 8)

Well sure it works in well with the college games the lads have and if they are in Ulster they they should be fit! What date would you prefer?

Does it not alternate spring and autumn with the hurling championship or has that been stopped?

Makes more sense to play the football at this time of the year anyway and give the hurling a bit of a chance of better weather earlier in the year.
Indeed you do read the mind of the CCC.....

Milltown Row2

No date in that response CB.. come on no point complaining if you don't have a solution !
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2017, 05:47:44 PM
No date in that response CB.. come on no point complaining if you don't have a solution !
When the under-21 championship was revived back in the 80s MR2 if u do remember the recommendation was that it would start in early season/March in be concluded in a weekly progression until completion mid-April.
Such was indeed the case and indeed was a very successful venture.
Could we not go back to such.....unless the hurling folk do not like the idea :)

Milltown Row2

Seasons have started earlier for senior leagues, so I can't see that happening
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Is this not the best time of the U21 championship saying that the Ulster is at this time of the year as well. What would be the point in having it over with and then waiting 6 months before their next match in Ulster.

theskull1

I wonder what Slaughtneil would say to this debate
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

country bumpkin

Quote from: theskull1 on October 23, 2017, 09:56:42 PM
Think they would say no.........do not think they participated in under-21 this year in Derry....... ;)

theskull1

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 23, 2017, 10:18:23 PM
Think they would say no.........do not think they participated in under-21 this year in Derry....... ;)

:) .... I bet they weren't crying into their protein shakes about it though
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on October 23, 2017, 10:30:14 PM

Maybe their managers fund didnt extend to the u21's  ;D

PMG1

Any word of who won the U16 championship at the weekend is was it played?

paddyjohn

Quote from: PMG1 on October 24, 2017, 10:07:23 AM
Any word of who won the U16 championship at the weekend is was it played?

Being played tonight in Aghagallon.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on October 24, 2017, 08:46:20 AM

Bitchy lads......  ;D

I had to laugh when I saw McKinley along the line with their camogs and them playing Loughgeil. I don't know how you could do that, but I suppose coin is coin when you go down that path.

As for wee Micky, I did hear a few "come on the mcquillans" shouts, not sure if it was some of our lads or some of the Loughgeil ones who'd stayed.

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on October 24, 2017, 11:21:37 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on October 24, 2017, 08:46:20 AM

Bitchy lads......  ;D

I had to laugh when I saw McKinley along the line with their camogs and them playing Loughgeil. I don't know how you could do that, but I suppose coin is coin when you go down that path.

As for wee Micky, I did hear a few "come on the mcquillans" shouts, not sure if it was some of our lads or some of the Loughgeil ones who'd stayed.

Bitchy no, a dig yes.

Said it on here before last year too, how much more would it mean to them if it was one of their own leading them there.

Will always ring that bit more hollow (maybe I am too set in it) for me because of this approach.

Plus Ive had my say on the situation in Ballycastle with two of their own involved.

Pjoe

Another title gone to Belfast with St Brigids winning the U16 title.  Thats their 3rd in 4 years.

Milltown Row2

Well at least the reserve Championship is in the bag!!