Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 21, 2016, 07:15:48 PM
Sure Cargin may not be prepared for the National or even the Provincial stage but at present they are most certainly top of the pile on the domestic front.......  :)

Have I answered your post regarding coming back from losing and winning, not domestically not just in the province but nationally??

So that's all Cargin are settling for?? Surely they are that good after beating us to believe they can achieve more??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Just back from Ahoghill where Dunloy defeated St Brigids to complete the minor hurling and football double. Think there was 5 points in it at the end. Good sporting contest with some great players on view from both teams. A good advert for juvenile football in Antrim.

That concludes the domestic football year with all 4 championships heading to the South West for the very first time. 

Pjoe

Fair play to Dunloy - best team on the night & played a good brand of football.  St Brigids went too defensive and never really got going as a unit. I've seen them play a lot better this year - but needed to be more attack minded.  Dunloy lads looked that half yard quicker in thought & action.  They'll give the Ulster championship a good rattle.

Glensman

Would Dunloy not classify as North Antrim Bannside rather that South West? Never sure about that one. Some achievement to do the double. Super example of having a vision, building it (literally) and reaping the rewards.

Why the constant stirring up of sh1t Country Bumpkin?! Enjoy your win, enjoy the Ulster run but why tarnish it. Have no clue of the specifics as to Galls not taking defeat well but you sure as hell aren't acting very well in victory...on here anyway! If you are the kingpins of domestic football (clearly Antrim too small these days) why would a poor wee club like St Galls and their tantrums annoy you?

BrendanAntrim

Some good football, but thought prior to game it would have been closer. Naomh Brid were never really in despite the final score line. Dunloy v impressive. The corner forward, #13 kicked some wonderful frees - in fact I don't think he missed a free all night.

bogieman

Sure Cargin may not be prepared for the National or even the Provincial stage but at present they are most certainly top of the pile on the domestic front.......  :)

I'm even getting fed up with your comments.
Leave mr2 and st galls alone, take your sad "winning" comments elsewhere please.

Ps yer man brennans recent comments are probably the only championship teamtalk st galls will need for next year  ;)
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on October 22, 2016, 12:04:47 AM
Some good football, but thought prior to game it would have been closer. Naomh Brid were never really in despite the final score line. Dunloy v impressive. The corner forward, #13 kicked some wonderful frees - in fact I don't think he missed a free all night.

That was Seaan Elliott, he's an U16 player as well. Has won his second minor hurling championship this year as well. A very classy dual player.

Was a good game to watch last night and one I don't think we looked like losing. A bit of history for the club in winning county minor A hurling & football and B camogie as well. A historic do Blue and a unique treble that's prob never been done before.

I also have to praise St Brigids as well. A great young side and a very sporting one at that. Not one dirty tackle from either side, only tough football.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

The conditions on the night help to make it the game that it was. Very purposeful entertaining brand of football from our boys I thought and it benefited hugely by a much improved defensive will when we didn't have the ball. Going forward we were great to watch. Every man was trusted and got the ball if he was in a better position which made us difficult to work with and we created the more opportunities over the hour and came out deserved winner on the night.
Even with having a leaning toward the small ball, the 39 year wait made this the perfect way to finish the season. A special night for all involved.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

bannside

Didn't realise Sean Elliott was still under 16. What a prospect! He took a massive clothesline hit one time that just in front of me and I was convinced it was game over for him. He stepped up and put the free from 50 yards straight over the bar as if he had been doing it all his life.

Dunloy team were a joy to watch last night. They should give a decent account of themselves in the St Paul's tournament.

Whilst Dunloy were the better team on the night, St Brigids didn't let themselves down. Despite being seven points down at one stage they brought it back to two, but a long range effort from Keelan Molloy somehow slipped past the Brigids keeper (floodlights might not have helped) and all of a sudden the lead was back to five.

And near the end Joe Finnegan got a clean punch to a high ball and it took a fantastic finger tips save from the Dunloy keeper Frankie Cochrane to turn the ball over the bar. Those two instances were worth five points on the scoreboard so St Brigids can hold their heads up high too.

Just a personal opinion. I think at least five or six players on the pitch last night could develop into really classy inter county seniors in a few years time. With emphasis on the word classy. The ironic thing is at least three are probably hurlers first so that's a problem to begin with.

BrendanAntrim

The fact that Sean Elliot is under 16 makes his performance even more impressive. Dunloy #8 a very strong player too. Yes the second Dunloy goal was tough on the St Brigids keeper, another U16.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bogieman on October 22, 2016, 10:01:37 AM

I'm even getting fed up with your comments.
Leave mr2 and st galls alone, take your sad "winning" comments elsewhere please.

Ps yer man brennans recent comments are probably the only championship teamtalk st galls will need for next year  ;)

I'm grand, CB has yet to reply so I'll take that  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Poor oul MR2, taking abuse on and off the pitch eh?

Personally I think CB is well able to give a slagging out and why not? His club has just done back to back SFC titles against their biggest rivals who in the past have been no angels in giving the abuse out on the pitch.

I'm sure if MR2 was annoyed or offended by any of it he would soon let us know.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 22, 2016, 02:12:53 PM
Poor oul MR2, taking abuse on and off the pitch eh?

Personally I think CB is well able to give a slagging out and why not? His club has just done back to back SFC titles against their biggest rivals who in the past have been no angels in giving the abuse out on the pitch.

I'm sure if MR2 was annoyed or offended by any of it he would soon let us know.

Sure it's all good fun, refs love a bitta banter sure, you mustn't see many of my games then ?

As for Cargin I genuinely really like the club, they were never our rivals, challengers yes but rivalry, nope.. You'd know that surely? We'd always a great relationship with the club until one of their players bounced on the head of our stalwarts!! Think the bad blood came from that, but hey I'm old enough to remember the great receptions in the Cargin club rooms after the games!  Generally pissed

country bumpkin

Was in Omagh last nite.............in hiding since.

Pocs pints and the gaa

Good luck to the Aghagallon men on Sunday against the Fermanagh champions. 1/3 of Ulster is behind you.