Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pjoe

I'm not sure both clubs have agreed to the Minor final on the 28th.  Seems like the debacle will drag on for a while.  Looks like a shambles and little consideration for a bunch of young lads who will be part of the future for Antrim.  No better way to kill any level of interest in representing your county.

theskull1

Quote from: Pjoe on October 19, 2016, 03:39:25 PM
I'm not sure both clubs have agreed to the Minor final on the 28th.  Seems like the debacle will drag on for a while.  Looks like a shambles and little consideration for a bunch of young lads who will be part of the future for Antrim.  No better way to kill any level of interest in representing your county.

I'd say the county will make the call and expect the clubs to be there... if accommodation can't be found

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

Both clubs tossed for it. We wanted ahoghill, they wanted the dub.

Fair play to the clubs for sorting it out between them. Who ever won it they went with and notified the county. We had to sort out the thing ourselves!

We're playing on the Ulster minor hurling semi final the week after so the following week was out for us.
hurl like f**k boi!

Pjoe

Venue might be agreed, but the date i.e. 28th is not agreed as far as I know.

Na Glinntí Glasa

I wouldn't hold any hope that it will be played the following week with our involvement in the Ulster championship.
This could end up being dragged out for a while then
hurl like f**k boi!

Pjoe

I think both clubs willing to play this Friday 21st & looks like this is now the date! Hopefully we will get a decent game.

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah its def fri night the 21st now. good its got sorted
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Glad to see some city teams don't throw the toys out of the pram when a final is fixed for the South West.

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 20, 2016, 12:53:42 PM
Glad to see some city teams don't throw the toys out of the pram when a final is fixed for the South West.
;).............sure haven't they a point..........

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 20, 2016, 12:53:42 PM

fair play to the clubs, they wanted to sort it out for the sake of the players and tossed for the venue. Good to see it got sorted out for tomorrow night. Looking forward to the match
hurl like f**k boi!

Hectic

How did O'Donnells manage to get into the U21 B Championship after getting knocked out of the A Championship?   I know their grading round was cancelled so they got straight into the A Championship but this does not wash as a reason to give them a second bite for me as I am pretty sure the same thing happened to Randalstown, perhaps as recently as last year and when they got beaten in the A Championship they were gone.  Or is there certain rules for certain clubs?

Hectic

Or is there a new structure in place this year where teams can get a couple of chances?

country bumpkin

Failed to spot you on Sunday MR2........
Gall's did lose gracefully but the trick is can they regain composure and come back strong.......see a few retirements.

paddyjohn

Have to say the highlights of the final on the county website are a great job. Interviews and commentary all very professional. MR2 I didn't see you on them though.

Hopefully my eyes were playing tricks and surely there wasn't blue men leaving before the end?

Milltown Row2

No need to see the highlights as the match is still very easy to remember  :(

You'll get people leaving early at every game, supporters neutrals the lot, I was at the scoreboard end and left at the 34 minute of the game, Cargin lads going to at same time. Chatting to a family on way round to car!! Shocked, no just people know when the game is over...

Cargin have the personnel to move on from last years Cross game... hopefully they will bring the counties low nationwide opinion of Antrim football to a better place, Christ we'd need to do something to improve it!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea