The good old days...

Started by Denn Forever, January 24, 2021, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: johnnycool on January 29, 2021, 01:55:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2021, 01:14:31 PM
Quote from: Orior on January 29, 2021, 01:12:43 PM
After years of watching black & white, I remember the first time ever seeing a colour television. What was even more amazing was watching a soccer match and seeing green grass.

Or noticing the balls were a different colour is snooker!

But the first colour TV we had we couldn't tell the difference in the brown ball from the reds..

ITT six push in buttons on the top right corner.

I remember telling a nephew about them and he thought I was taking the piss out of him.

Or having to turn the knob on the black and white TV to change channels  :-[

tbrick18

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 29, 2021, 02:31:11 PM
The good old days...

I remember the time when the Gaaboard was a great place to visit...

Plenty of great topics.....oppurtunity to learn........take on other peoples thoughts/opinions...brilliant characters....who could all respectfully debate....

Lately it has been absolutely polluted by one member and its leaving it impossible to read many of the great threads...

Its a real shame.....

+1

weareros

Quote from: Taylor on January 29, 2021, 03:37:54 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on January 29, 2021, 01:55:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2021, 01:14:31 PM
Quote from: Orior on January 29, 2021, 01:12:43 PM
After years of watching black & white, I remember the first time ever seeing a colour television. What was even more amazing was watching a soccer match and seeing green grass.

Or noticing the balls were a different colour is snooker!

But the first colour TV we had we couldn't tell the difference in the brown ball from the reds..

ITT six push in buttons on the top right corner.

I remember telling a nephew about them and he thought I was taking the piss out of him.

Or having to turn the knob on the black and white TV to change channels  :-[

Or when the picture broke, having to twist a few buttons at the back to try and fix it again. Tip-toeing back to your chair lest a vibration or sudden movement break it again.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 29, 2021, 02:31:11 PM
The good old days...

I remember the time when the Gaaboard was a great place to visit...

Plenty of great topics.....oppurtunity to learn........take on other peoples thoughts/opinions...brilliant characters....who could all respectfully debate....

Lately it has been absolutely polluted by one member and its leaving it impossible to read many of the great threads...

Its a real shame.....
It is indeed but it needn't be so. Remember the golden rule, "Don't feed the trolls."
I'm really surprised at the number of otherwise sensible, level-headed individuals who fall into the trap of engaging with someone whose sole aim is to irritate others.
Ignore the bustard and warn off any others who are attempting to have a sensible chat with him/her/it.
A lack of attention should lead to a lack of presence on this board.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi