Hurling Championship 2017

Started by seafoid, May 19, 2017, 10:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

A few mates and myself are talking about heading down to the Munster hurling final this year. Any idea of the venue?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on May 21, 2017, 09:32:16 PM
A few mates and myself are talking about heading down to the Munster hurling final this year. Any idea of the venue?
Pairc ui Chaoimh

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 21, 2017, 09:50:24 PM
Pairc ui Chaoimh

So it will be ready?? Think I'm away.. what date?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2017, 10:12:51 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 21, 2017, 09:50:24 PM
Pairc ui Chaoimh

So it will be ready?? Think I'm away.. what date?
9th July. I think they've confirmed open in June.

Roashter

afaik
Waterford v Clare/Limerick=Thurles
Clare v Cork=Thurles
Cork & Limerick have home/away agreement

seafoid

via the Indo

The reigning All-Ireland champions have now conceded 5-48 in just two games and have lengthened to 4/1 to hold on to Liam McCarthy in 2017.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnneycool

Quote from: PW Nally on May 19, 2017, 10:44:05 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 19, 2017, 10:02:07 AM

Most of all, it's doing what has to be done, going beyond the norm. In 2007, All-Ireland final against Limerick, Mike Fitzgerald got the ball about 10 minutes before half-time and took Noel Hickey on at the Hill 16 end near the Cusack side. I was less than 10 yards away. The ball hopped up between the two of them and as Noel went for it, he tore his hamstring. You could see straight away his day was over.
Mike Fitz had the ball though and as he turned, it looked as if he was in around Noel and had a straight run in along the endline to goal. Not on Noel's watch. He decided in a split second that he wasn't getting in on goal, and stretched out and let fly with the hurl and pulled across him. I could hear the crack of the hurl across Mike's hand and as Noel hobbled off the pitch, Barry Kelly raised a fully-deserved yellow card. But Noel didn't care – the goal wasn't breached and he did what had to be done. That's a killer instinct.

Should that killer instinct as described have resulted in a red?

It should have, I said that at the time, but didn't, risk and reward and its very hard for a referee to send someone off in the first throws of an AI final, coupled with the fact that everyone knew Hickeys day was run anyway.
Tyrrell just throws a bit of light on the Kilkenny mentality that for all their skills and ability they could get down and dirty when the need arose.

As for the game yesterday Cork did their homework on Tipp especially their matchups with the Tipp defence. Lehane on R Maher was a masterstroke especially how the Cork lads around created space for them to be isolated as Lehane had the legs on him time and time again. Then Tipp sent over Paudie Maher, who is not an man marker by any stretch. Tipp needed a sticky wee f**ker to put on him.
Corks defence stood up well but were still reliant on a bit of last gasp defending an a few occasions to prevent Tipp getting more than the one goal they did get. If McGrath had of kicked his in rather than over the bar and the chance a very quiet Callanan got when Nash flew off the line it could well have been a different result.
Credit to Cork, their passing from the hurl was fantastic from Coleman, Lehane and the likes, defensively they grafted and covered for each other, Nashes drilled puck outs were good two, BUT if the two meet again later on in the year my moneys on Tipp.

Waterford await, and I hope McGrath lets his lads loose with no sweepers.

manfromdelmonte

Waterford won't be as conservative in the championship

they have the defensive system well drilled, lads will be up to full fitness and I expect them to open up more

redsetanta

Waterford in their quest for an All Ireland will have benefitted most from yesterdays result. I can see them winning Munster now and going to the AI semi final. They will avoid Tipp because I think Galway will put them out of the championship.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

didlyi

Loughnane questioned Tipp's greatness after the League final. Hes never too far from the truth.

imtommygunn

Jc i am not convinced tipp have a sticky wee f**ker as you put it.

Waterford showed last year they were much better without the sweeper so it will be interesting to see how they set up.

I still think tipp will win the ai but through having more scoring power than good defense. They really should have shored up a bit after the league final so either they haven't learnt or they can't.

trileacman

Great match. The only downside being that the cork jersey is pure f**king tripe. I'd rather see the Union Jack on a cork jersey than the sponsor they have.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Avondhu star

Clare Wexford Dublin Limerick are the type of teams that will have one big performance in them and are liable, if knocked out of provincials, to do damage to one of the Top 4 in the qualifiers and then lose out in a semi final.
It is the most open Championship for years
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Croí na hÉireann

Should be a right good game in Mullingar on Sunday. This article has been well circulated in the midlands and should ensure it is feisty enough.

http://www.offalyexpress.ie/news/sport/251139/the-sideline-mouthpiece-if-we-can-t-beat-westmeath-we-may-as-well-give-up-hurling.html

It'll be a long aul winter in the King's county if Westmeath do the double over them for the second year in a row...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

f**king eejit of a piece. Westmeath beat Offaly well last year.