Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

armaghniac

SF could have stated that they would hold a commemoration when all restrictions had been removed. They could have called for people not to gather. Now some would gather anyway, but SF would have acted responsibly and the benefits of that would have been seen in better adherence to the public health measures.

They knew all this, but decided to do a Cummings anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

There was a few big enough funerals that didn't get the headlines, though in fairness those particular ones I'm talking about there was no ministers at them, some MLA's though but this was always going to be the one the DUP was waiting on.

Though how Arlene can ask for the deputy to step aside after her own handling of the boiler fiasco is beyond me.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus

Quote from: balladmaker on July 04, 2020, 02:34:23 AM
Quote from: screenexile on July 03, 2020, 11:58:07 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on July 03, 2020, 11:39:24 PM
So MON, as SF leader in north attends the funeral of a leading figure in the IRA who played a major part in bringing the organisation along into in the peace process .... shocking

MON followed regulations and guidelines in attending the funeral ... shocking

Massive crowds turned out in West Belfast for the funeral of one of their own ... shocking

Can't believe this story has garnered so much discussion.  I suggest that no one should take their lead from the tabloid journalism of Stephen Nolan. 

If MON was to resign, and SF refused to nominate a successor, biggest losers would be the DUP, they must have very short memories.

I don't give a shite!!

This is the Cummings thing all over again one rule for them and another for everyone else. Families not allowed at funerals for 4 months but a big IRA man dies so it's ok for the leader to go to that while others suffered?

Bullshit! I couldn't care less what the DUP have said or what loyalists will do she's plain wrong and her apology wasn't worth a f**k. Those defending her are brainwashed dickheads stuck in the past!!

What she has done the past few days is not leadership it's a far cry from it!

Maybe you've been brainwashed by Stephen Nolan and the media hysteria ... MON attended a funeral and adhered to regulations ... the fact that thousands lined the streets, in social distancing formation, what did you want MON specifically to do differently?
Ah here c'mon don't treat your fellow board members the way Trump treats the Americans - thousands did not "line the streets in Social Distance formation", fact.  They were 5 deep in places.

I stopped listening to Nolan a long time ago, so haven't heard what he's on about.  I'm pissed on behalf of the families who listened to the public health advice and buried their dead with most of the family not even gaining access to the chapel.  And because SF impressively fought in the Executive for early lockdown, don't follow London etc, until it was one of their own and then they couldn't help themselves, it had to be a showpiece.  It should have been a respectful small affair (sadly) and they could celebrate Bobby Storeys life at a later stage. 

Zazz

Sinn Fein, building an Ireland of equals.But some are more equal than others.Some boys here would eat the corn kernels out of Gerry Adams crap before saying that Sinn Fein did something wrong without using excuses or whataboutery.

screenexile

They're making a big mistake thinking it's the Unionist community against them many Nationalists and Republicans are not happy with the blatant hypocrisy on show.

Yes Sam McBride is a Unionist but he has no problem getting stuck into the DUP or Sinn Fein when it's warranted and he's right on this occasion!

ardtole

I'd agree that there wont be major electoral damage caused, but somewhere like fermanagh south tyrone as little as 50 votes could prove significant.

BennyCake

Politics in the North is like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, when he walked out in front of a bus, put the toaster in the bath and jumped from the bell tower, and still woke up alive and well. Politicians here - no matter what they do, they still live on.

Actually, maybe it says a lot about the people who keep voting them in, rather than the politicians themselves. They must be having a right old laugh on the way to the bank to cash their big pay cheques.

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyCake on July 04, 2020, 12:40:59 PM
Politics in the North is like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, when he walked out in front of a bus, put the toaster in the bath and jumped from the bell tower, and still woke up alive and well. Politicians here - no matter what they do, they still live on.

Actually, maybe it says a lot about the people who keep voting them in, rather than the politicians themselves. They must be having a right old laugh on the way to the bank to cash their big pay cheques.

It's politics full stop. Look at Trump in US, Cummins/ Johnston in Uk. Nothing sticks. And part of that is the outrage culture of social media. Opposition in all walks will try an build up all errors by politicians, including minor ones to try and have the biggest impact against them. The problem with that is that when there is something significant it's lost in the noise and too easy to deflect/ distract from. It's depressing.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 04, 2020, 12:49:05 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 04, 2020, 12:40:59 PM

It's politics full stop. Look at Trump in US, Cummins/ Johnston in Uk. Nothing sticks. And part of that is the outrage culture of social media. Opposition in all walks will try an build up all errors by politicians, including minor ones to try and have the biggest impact against them. The problem with that is that when there is something significant it's lost in the noise and too easy to deflect/ distract from. It's depressing.

Definitely depressing

Zazz

Quote from: hardstation on July 04, 2020, 11:14:23 AM
Quote from: Zazz on July 04, 2020, 11:04:24 AM
Sinn Fein, building an Ireland of equals.But some are more equal than others.Some boys here would eat the corn kernels out of Gerry Adams crap before saying that Sinn Fein did something wrong without using excuses or whataboutery.
That's true and it is true the other way too. I mean, a glance at your posts would suggest they're the reason you're on this board at all.

That is politics. It has always been politics. People bat for their own side regardless.

Whatabout?
Whatabout?
Whatabout?
Whatabout?

::)

trailer

SF equality agenda on display in Roselawn as well I see. Why was the remains taken to Milltown Cemetery? And then onto Roselawn for cremation? All of this took place in Lockdown - which SF pushed for aggressively! 

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trailer on July 07, 2020, 12:55:28 PM
SF equality agenda on display in Roselawn as well I see. Why was the remains taken to Milltown Cemetery? And then onto Roselawn for cremation? All of this took place in Lockdown - which SF pushed for aggressively!

No point asking, you will not get a plausible answer. Orwellian

trailer

Quote from: hardstation on July 07, 2020, 01:42:45 PM
He was always going to Roselawn for cremation. Milltown was for show.

In the middle of a pandemic? Not exactly a necessary journey was it?

One day people will wake up... I just hope it's not to late.

trailer

Quote from: hardstation on July 07, 2020, 01:58:20 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 07, 2020, 01:55:22 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 07, 2020, 01:42:45 PM
He was always going to Roselawn for cremation. Milltown was for show.

In the middle of a pandemic? Not exactly a necessary journey was it?

One day people will wake up... I just hope it's not to late.
Not a necessary journey at all. In fact, there are a number of issues with the funeral. Which is probably why it has been all over the news for a week.

Well SF seem to think it's not an issue. They have a fair few supporters on this board so I just want to be hold a light over their actions so everyone can see them for what they are. It's bad enough with them in power in the North but a party who wants to govern in the South? God help us all.