The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Spain knocked out by Russia  :o The more big hitters that get knocked out the more of a chance England have of winning this World Cup.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 01, 2018, 05:41:15 PM
Spain knocked out by Russia  :o The more big hitters that get knocked out the more of a chance England have of winning this World Cup.

Columbia still have the beating of them. We might get a novel team in the WC final, though. In my lifetime only Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Italy, France, Spain and the Netherlands have played in the WC final. The last time two of those teams didn't make up the final pairing was 1966.

Milltown Row2

Spain were muck! Deserve what they get for poor play, sacking their manager was a possibly a big mistake
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Unbelievable Jeff
Karma for Ramos

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Dougal Maguire

Sad that a team that played for penalties gets through.
Careful now

Cunny Funt

The russians aren't the most likeable but its always great to see the hosts doing well when totally written off. Spain were on borrowed time once they foolishly got rid of their manager before the World cup.

SHEEDY

opening up for england. Football looks like its definitely coming home!!
nil satis nisi optimum

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on July 01, 2018, 05:45:34 PM
Unbelievable Jeff
Karma for Ramos

?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

longballin

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 01, 2018, 05:46:23 PM
opening up for england. Football looks like its definitely coming home!!

wise up!

sid waddell

Quote from: sid waddell on June 30, 2018, 12:42:43 AM

Spain v Russia: Think there's a reasonable chance of a shock here. Spain have looked less impressive by the game and the departure of their manager may be beginning to show. I'll go with Russia to win on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

Quote from: Syferus on June 30, 2018, 02:06:02 PM
There's a 'reasonable chance' that Russia beats Spain? Have we been watching a different tournament, Sid?

It looks we were, alright.

Minder

Is that game on Englands side of the draw ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

sid waddell

Quote from: Minder on July 01, 2018, 06:06:51 PM
Is that game on Englands side of the draw ?
Yes.

England have a toughest possible route to the final of Colombia, Switzerland and Croatia.

Anybody who thinks they haven't a right good chance of reaching the final now is fooling themselves.

It's right there for them. They'll never, ever have a softer route to a final than this.

Whether they can take it is another thing. But I think the winners of England v Colombia will make the final.

Syferus

Quote from: sid waddell on July 01, 2018, 06:04:54 PM

Spain v Russia: Think there's a reasonable chance of a shock here. Spain have looked less impressive by the game and the departure of their manager may be beginning to show. I'll go with Russia to win on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

There's a 'reasonable chance' that Russia beats Spain? Have we been watching a different tournament, Sid?

The match ended in a draw, Sid. Don't puff your chest out too much.

sid waddell

Quote from: Syferus on July 01, 2018, 06:20:48 PM

I'm happy enough with my predictions so far.

France v Argentina: France should win this at a canter, but I don't trust them - the Aussies and Peru troubled them. Argentina are so shapeless that I think France will get there, but on a narrow scoreline, maybe 2-1.

Uruguay v Portugal: 0-0 and penalties. Uruguay to win that with it not reaching the final Portuguese penalty.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on July 01, 2018, 06:26:16 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 01, 2018, 06:20:48 PM

I'm happy enough with my predictions so far.

France v Argentina: France should win this at a canter, but I don't trust them - the Aussies and Peru troubled them. Argentina are so shapeless that I think France will get there, but on a narrow scoreline, maybe 2-1.

Uruguay v Portugal: 0-0 and penalties. Uruguay to win that with it not reaching the final Portuguese penalty.

Must be top of the predictions competition