Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Duine Inteacht Eile

Whatever about Glenullin's ability or right to play senior championship, they shouldn't be allowed in the intermediate championship having won it the last 2 years on the bounce.

markl121

screenexile

Quote from: markl121 on February 16, 2024, 07:54:08 PMSo murphy injured then?

Looks that way does anyone know  what the issue is?

Interesting to see Murray straight in hope he does well it's good to see we're building a bit of a panel!

markl121

Just heard from a magherafelt man he broke his finger in the first half last game?

toby47

Quote from: markl121 on February 16, 2024, 08:15:40 PMJust heard from a magherafelt man he broke his finger in the first half last game?

Potential operation

tbrick18

Derry were impressive last night, the attacking play was top drawer at stages with attacks in waves and 2 me  running off the shoulder.
That's the first time I've seen a change in style of play, last year we'd run to the corners and then play it back out and across until we got a shooter in a good position.  Last night was much more dynamic and our half back line was immense.
I thought Murray played well, not sure why he was taken  off but Toner did well when introduced too.
Gilmore was very good when he came on.
Mcfaul at an excellent first half.
Glass and Rogers on top for the entire game too.
Mckaigue is a liability.  The amount of needless fouls and the mouthing. He's a red card waiting to happen  and he's not the marker he was. I feel at full strength he's on the bench with mcevoy in there.
We are looking like we have a strong panel now with most positions covered, apart maybe from whb.

Brendan

Quote from: tbrick18 on February 18, 2024, 04:53:11 PMDerry were impressive last night, the attacking play was top drawer at stages with attacks in waves and 2 me  running off the shoulder.
That's the first time I've seen a change in style of play, last year we'd run to the corners and then play it back out and across until we got a shooter in a good position.  Last night was much more dynamic and our half back line was immense.
I thought Murray played well, not sure why he was taken  off but Toner did well when introduced too.
Mckaigue is a liability.  The amount of needless fouls and the mouthing. He's a red card waiting to happen  and he's not the marker he was. I feel at full strength he's on the bench with mcevoy in there.
We are looking like we have a strong panel now with most positions covered, apart maybe from whb.

Scullion looked more comfortable last night also easing any doubts I had of him after the appearance against Tyrone, but Lynch was out warming up which is hopefully a sign he won't be out for very long

Wildweasel74

If they win one out 2 of their next games I like to see a few if the other panel members tried last 2 games.With Donegal coming up, Derry don't need a extra game in a league final, whereas Donegal have to play one against Armagh.

tbrick18

Quote from: Brendan on February 18, 2024, 08:41:55 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on February 18, 2024, 04:53:11 PMDerry were impressive last night, the attacking play was top drawer at stages with attacks in waves and 2 me  running off the shoulder.

Scullion looked more comfortable last night also easing any doubts I had of him after the appearance against Tyrone, but Lynch was out warming up which is hopefully a sign he won't be out for very long

Yes he looked like he's stepping up alright.
But...he wasn't under any real pressure in that game. I don't think he had a single shot to stop.
But kickouts were good, positioning was good, seems very mobile too. I hope he gets another game or two, even if Lynch is recovered. It will protect Lynch, improve Scullion and let the other players get used to playing with him.
Baker really growing into it too, a very assured performance. Hard to fault anyone really on that game.
I was surprised Niall O was playing tbh, after the Sigerson mid week. He's bound to have been on the beer after it. But no shortage of work rate from him all the same.

ClubScene13

Quote from: tbrick18 on February 19, 2024, 09:42:06 AM

But...he wasn't under any real pressure in that game. I don't think he had a single shot to stop.
But kickouts were good, positioning was good, seems very mobile too. I hope he gets another game or two, even if Lynch is recovered. It will protect Lynch, improve Scullion and let the other players get used to playing with him.
Baker really growing into it too, a very assured performance. Hard to fault anyone really on that game.
I was surprised Niall O was playing tbh, after the Sigerson mid week. He's bound to have been on the beer after it. But no shortage of work rate from him all the same.

Unreal work rate anytime Loughlin plays, you need these boys in any successful team

Mario

Quote from: ClubScene13 on February 19, 2024, 09:51:10 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on February 19, 2024, 09:42:06 AM

Unreal work rate anytime Loughlin plays, you need these boys in any successful team
Agreed, I spent a lot of time watching him and he was just constantly on the move. Looks a lot sharper this year too. After McGuigan the one player I thought we couldn't do without if injured was Lynch but Scullion is doing a lot to alleviate those fears. It's a hard team to pick if everyone is fit, which is a welcome contrast to previous years. The half back line was immense once again, McGrogan and Doherty don't really get the plaudits they deserve from the national media but do they ever have a bad game and same for McEvoy too.

I thought Galway looked average enough v Tyrone and would expect us to beat them on current form. Tierney seems to be out as well but Sean Kelly might start. They one caveat is that we never seem to beat Galway but you'd fancy this team to buck that trend at the minute.

referee

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on February 16, 2024, 07:34:24 PMWhatever about Glenullin's ability or right to play senior championship, they shouldn't be allowed in the intermediate championship having won it the last 2 years on the bounce.
Bradley harping on about senior championship when he was actively pushing his name forward for senior jobs in Antrim/tyronei.e killyclogher,Moy,arboe as coach with Horse,Creggan,LD,Glenravel and even in as coach at pg1,mercenary, its in the jeans

tbrick18

Anyone know what the story is with Oisin McWilliams? He was showing really well last year (cameo against Dublin was memorable), but he hasn't been on any match day panels this year that I've seen.
Is he injured of off the panel?

JoG2

Quote from: tbrick18 on February 26, 2024, 09:35:23 AMAnyone know what the story is with Oisin McWilliams? He was showing really well last year (cameo against Dublin was memorable), but he hasn't been on any match day panels this year that I've seen.

Oisin is there on match days, so still part of the squad. Not sure of the timeframe re a return to action

tbrick18

Quote from: JoG2 on February 26, 2024, 09:42:13 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on February 26, 2024, 09:35:23 AMAnyone know what the story is with Oisin McWilliams? He was showing really well last year (cameo against Dublin was memorable), but he hasn't been on any match day panels this year that I've seen.

Oisin is there on match days, so still part of the squad. Not sure of the timeframe re a return to action
Injured?