Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

marty34

It's too early to say.  Got the win yesterday without playing overly well - always in possession and Dundee Utd's goalie as man of the match.  Important to get the win after Rangers' win and a lot of it will be like this during the year with Rangers playing early and vice versa.

I think Lennon must mix it up a bit - too loyal to Brown, Mc Gregor, Jullien and Forrest. I know there was a bit of a freshening up yesterday but certain lads need a break - can't be playing 50 games in a row without a break.  Even to just put a bit a bit of pressure on them i.e. give them a bit of competition.

Be interesting to see if French Eddie says or will offers come in for him in the next few weeks. I think Celtic need to go with 2 up top and they need to keep defenders honest - I don't think one does that.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned here is the lack of crowds at games.  How does it affect the dynamic of games, home and away?

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on August 23, 2020, 10:54:24 AM
It's too early to say.  Got the win yesterday without playing overly well - always in possession and Dundee Utd's goalie as man of the match.  Important to get the win after Rangers' win and a lot of it will be like this during the year with Rangers playing early and vice versa.

I think Lennon must mix it up a bit - too loyal to Brown, Mc Gregor, Jullien and Forrest. I know there was a bit of a freshening up yesterday but certain lads need a break - can't be playing 50 games in a row without a break.  Even to just put a bit a bit of pressure on them i.e. give them a bit of competition.

Be interesting to see if French Eddie says or will offers come in for him in the next few weeks. I think Celtic need to go with 2 up top and they need to keep defenders honest - I don't think one does that.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned here is the lack of crowds at games.  How does it affect the dynamic of games, home and away?

McGregor is burned out. Brown is getting on. It's time to give Soro a run out and maybe even afford some opportunities to youngsters like Robertson, McInroy and Connell too.

Edouard has looked really frustrated in the last two SPL games, if he doesn't play Celtic don't and the service to him has been woeful in those games.

Celtic have reneged on investing in the squad for the past few season but it's obvious it needs significant investment right now.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on August 23, 2020, 01:34:11 PM
Quote from: marty34 on August 23, 2020, 10:54:24 AM

McGregor is burned out. Brown is getting on. It's time to give Soro a run out and maybe even afford some opportunities to youngsters like Robertson, McInroy and Connell too.

Edouard has looked really frustrated in the last two SPL games, if he doesn't play Celtic don't and the service to him has been woeful in those games.

Celtic have reneged on investing in the squad for the past few season but it's obvious it needs significant investment right now.

Angelo, we've been here before.

This past 9 years, the board estimate how much they can win the league etc. by without having to spend. Sell top players for big money without really investing much of it back into the club.

If they get through the group stages of Chps Lge or run in Europa, then that keeps the narrative going.

FWIW, I think they'll get another centre back in in the next couple of weeks.  I agree, I think they need to rotate the squad - to freshen things up and not let players rest on their laurels.

illdecide

Right so what i gather from the experts on here who know how people are going in training and who has we niggle injuries etc and who is only half fit is...Lennon is shite and doesn't know what he's doing and he's too loyal. Forrest is crap, Elyounoussi is crap, McGregor is burnt out, Brown is done, Christie is in poor form and played out of position and all of this without mentioning Lawell's salary.

Three games in...two wins and a draw in the league and the doom and gloom is unreal, Ajeti is only half fit, Griff is not fit, Klimala is a prospect and should get better the more football he gets but is not ready to lead the line just yet. I do agree with some of you that Soro & Ntcham should prob play more and def against teams with less of a threat to us. Brown's games should be hand picked but there's nothing to suggest once the players get up to speed and get match fit that that could happen.

Dundee Utd are well organised btw and will not be easy beaten at home judging by yesterday's display, whether or not they can sustain that hard work throughout the season is another thing.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on August 23, 2020, 04:31:39 PM
Right so what i gather from the experts on here who know how people are going in training and who has we niggle injuries etc and who is only half fit is...Lennon is shite and doesn't know what he's doing and he's too loyal. Forrest is crap, Elyounoussi is crap, McGregor is burnt out, Brown is done, Christie is in poor form and played out of position and all of this without mentioning Lawell's salary.

Three games in...two wins and a draw in the league and the doom and gloom is unreal, Ajeti is only half fit, Griff is not fit, Klimala is a prospect and should get better the more football he gets but is not ready to lead the line just yet. I do agree with some of you that Soro & Ntcham should prob play more and def against teams with less of a threat to us. Brown's games should be hand picked but there's nothing to suggest once the players get up to speed and get match fit that that could happen.

Dundee Utd are well organised btw and will not be easy beaten at home judging by yesterday's display, whether or not they can sustain that hard work throughout the season is another thing.

I think it's clear what you are a Lennon apologist, all criticism is valid. The performances in the last two league games are alarming and there is big cause for concern with the season just underway.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JimStynes

Are you not in the slightest bit worried? You're happy with how it's all going then? Nothing to worry about and they're going to walk the league.

illdecide

Not at all young Jim...I'm concerned with the lack of signings and we badly need them. A left back, a centre half and a winger for sure. I'll give NL criticism when I believe it's warranted and I know we're not setting the world alight so far but it's too early to panic and with history we normally do get another few signings in (dunno why Celtic do their business later than everyone else, maybe they wait to see what quality is available to them once other teams have an indication of their squads and what players we can steal or borrow).
I genuinely believe after another 3-4 games we'll be fitter/sharper and be putting teams away with a bit more flair. Slippy G is slowly improving them and Celtic can't afford any bad patches of form or we could find ourselves in trouble. It'll be a nail biting year for sure

marty34

I'm not an expert - just giving my opinion.

What is wrong with what I'm saying?

toby47

Reports seem to be that Shane Duffy is for Celtic over West Ham

JimStynes

Quote from: marty34 on August 23, 2020, 11:46:58 PM

I'm not an expert - just giving my opinion.

What is wrong with what I'm saying?

You were speaking badly about his boyfriend

Targetman

Looks like Turnball is signing, still being strongly linked with Hicky and the Duffy one is still ongoing

tyroneman

Quote from: Targetman on August 24, 2020, 11:10:29 PM
Looks like Turnball is signing, still being strongly linked with Hicky and the Duffy one is still ongoing

Would be 3 excellent siginings, however a winger to provide some compeition for Forrest and a schemer in the last third also both badly needed.

All this activity sounds like Ajer to Liverpool for c20mill may well be a done deal.

Targetman

£20 million for Ajer, I'll drive him to Liverpool myself!!

illdecide

Pat McCluskey: Ex-Celtic, Dumbarton, Airdrie & QoS player dies at 68

Tributes have been paid to former Celtic player Pat McCluskey after his death at the age of 68. McCluskey, who was equally comfortable in defence and midfield, made his Celtic debut in 1972 and won six domestic honours, with his 191 games including two European Cup semi-finals. He then played more than 100 times for Dumbarton, having joined in 1977.

Spells with Airdrieonians and Queen of the South, plus a stint in America, followed for the Scotland Under-23 cap. "The thoughts and prayers of everyone at Celtic are with Pat's family and friends at this very sad time," said the Scottish champions. And Airdrie director of football Stuart Millar added: "He was a guest of the club last season, and as usual he was great value. Rest in peace, Paddy - it was a pleasure knowing you."

charlieTully

Quote from: Targetman on August 25, 2020, 10:39:15 AM
£20 million for Ajer, I'll drive him to Liverpool myself!!

I will go halfers on the diesel. Red of course.