Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toby47

Saw a video of Danny McNulty kicking a 65 yard free kick off the ground for Clonoe yesterday. Looks to be exactly what Tyrone are crying out for

seanmc123

Quote from: toby47 on April 24, 2017, 11:54:20 AM
Saw a video of Danny McNulty kicking a 65 yard free kick off the ground for Clonoe yesterday. Looks to be exactly what Tyrone are crying out for

You see a guy kicking 1 free over the bar and this is what tyrone are missing ? Where is the substance behind this Toby47 ?

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: seanmc123 on April 24, 2017, 12:03:01 PM

You see a guy kicking 1 free over the bar and this is what tyrone are missing ? Where is the substance behind this Toby47 ?

Is it not more a case of if you are from Tyrone and don't know about Mc nultys free taking then you don't watch senior football. Was free taker on the successful u21 team and was so dependable, same for Clonoe. Still can't fathon why he is not play for the county, but in saying that thank god he isn't as far as we are concerned.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on April 24, 2017, 12:13:52 PM

Is it not more a case of if you are from Tyrone and don't know about Mc nultys free taking then you don't watch senior football. Was free taker on the successful u21 team and was so dependable, same for Clonoe. Still can't fathon why he is not play for the county, but in saying that thank god he isn't as far as we are concerned.

It is strange why Danny isn't in the mix, he has consistently been torturing defences in the Tyrone Senior club scene.  He has the physical presence to win ball and as pointed out in the posts above he can stoke the dead ball.  Is personal fitness an issue? He always looked bulky, think he should of been given more opportunity to prove his worth.
Living the dream!!!

longballin

Dan McNulty wouldnt be what Tyrone are looking for, though he should be. Cant imagine Danny about his own half back line doing 'zonal' marking; an out and out hit man in the forward line and a good one... 

toby47

Lol.

I can assure you I have saw McNulty do a lot more than kick one free kick for Clonoe. Saw Him dozens of times, for Clonoe (both underage and seniors) Tyrone (Minors and u21's) and also a championship match for UUJ Freshers a few years back. and I can also make the judgement that he is good enough to be on the senior county panel.

You will likely be the same boy yapping you balls off when Tyrone bring Morgan up to miss a 55meter free this summer.

tothetop03

Quote from: toby47 on April 24, 2017, 01:06:57 PM

Lol.

I can assure you I have saw McNulty do a lot more than kick one free kick for Clonoe. Saw Him dozens of times, for Clonoe (both underage and seniors) Tyrone (Minors and u21's) and also a championship match for UUJ Freshers a few years back. and I can also make the judgement that he is good enough to be on the senior county panel.

You will likely be the same boy yapping you balls off when Tyrone bring Morgan up to miss a 55meter free this summer.

Danny was on the Tyrone panel 2014 played v Antrim in McKenna cup slipped a disc in his back in that game....was dropped of the panel the next week, County board washed their hands of him and Clonoe had to foot the bill to fix him County Board where not willing to help out in any shape or form not even a phone call to ask how he was... that is 100% fact in what happened after insurance access cost us nearly £10,000 to get it all sorted...

toby47

Quote from: tothetop03 on April 24, 2017, 01:13:11 PM

Lol.

Danny was on the Tyrone panel 2014 played v Antrim in McKenna cup slipped a disc in his back in that game....was dropped of the panel the next week, County board washed their hands of him and Clonoe had to foot the bill to fix him County Board where not willing to help out in any shape or form not even a phone call to ask how he was... that is 100% fact in what happened after insurance access cost us nearly £10,000 to get it all sorted...

So chances are we won't see him in a Tyrone Jersey again?

tothetop03

Quote from: toby47 on April 24, 2017, 01:17:12 PM

Lol.

So chances are we won't see him in a Tyrone Jersey again?

Make your own mind up but he was very bitter at the time when that happened....though he did play for under21's after that... different managent i suppose...

tiempo

Lol.

Heard this before, sc**bag antics by the CB and county team management.

tothetop03

Quote from: tiempo on April 24, 2017, 01:25:44 PM

Lol.

Heard this before, sc**bag antics by the CB and county team management.

Bad form alright...P.j Quinn was kept on the panel to he got completely sorted(and rightly so) think he required a hip replacement if not two.... 

TyroneOnlooker

This thread has gone to the dogs. Let's keep the harte bashing, name a player who isn't on the county panel that should be etc on the county thread.

I don't know about the rest of you but on the club thread i want to hear about club discussion. We're 3 matches into the leagues and not too many comments about any of the games.

Who looks like they're going well in Div1? Clonoe's win over Killyclogher would be viewed as an upset.
Donaghmore with two out of three have started well.
Coalisland don't look as strong this year.
Looks like it could be a difficult year for Greencastle and Strabane.

In Div 2, Eglish are the early pace setters with Dungannon and Derrylaughan a point behind. I think it'll be these 3 along with Augher in the mix come end of the year.
Kildress have dropped down a division and seem to be struggling a bit, 2 bad losses.
Cookstown also on the end of a bad loss yesterday, will they be in relegation trouble?

In Div 3, Derrytresk have started well and look most likely to challenge Tattyreagh and Owen Roes.
I see Stevie O'Neill lined out in midfield for CNG the other week. What kind of shapes he in?

WT4E

Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on April 24, 2017, 01:34:06 PM
This thread has gone to the dogs. Let's keep the harte bashing, name a player who isn't on the county panel that should be etc on the county thread.

I don't know about the rest of you but on the club thread i want to hear about club discussion. We're 3 matches into the leagues and not too many comments about any of the games.

Who looks like they're going well in Div1? Clonoe's win over Killyclogher would be viewed as an upset.

In Div 2, Eglish are the early pace setters with Dungannon and Derrylaughan a point behind. I think it'll be these 3 along with Augher in the mix come end of the year.
Kildress have dropped down a division and seem to be struggling a bit, 2 bad losses.
Cookstown also on the end of a bad loss yesterday, will they be in relegation trouble?

In Div 3, Derrytresk have started well and look most likely to challenge Tattyreagh and Owen Roes.
I see Stevie O'Neill lined out in midfield for CNG the other week. What kind of shapes he in?

Div 2 hard to read so far - surprised to see Moy get defeated by Eskra this week after a good start - anyone any reports on this game

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: WT4E on April 24, 2017, 02:54:53 PM
Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on April 24, 2017, 01:34:06 PM

Div 2 hard to read so far - surprised to see Moy get defeated by Eskra this week after a good start - anyone any reports on this game

All clubs have points on the board in Division 2. It's a very competitive Division, it shouldn't be a shock to see Eskra win.  The Moy were a mid division side last year that were knocked out 1st round of the championship.  Eskra probably wouldn't be happy with the start they made to the league  but at the same time I don't think would fear any other side in the Division.
Living the dream!!!

scout

D2 really is a minefield (similar to that of the Championship in England). Anybody can beat anyone in the league, particularly at home, with plenty of teams hard to beat on their own patch. Moortown, Moy, Eskra & Derrylaughan all have come down from D1 and really struggling to get back there.

Saying that Eglish,Clarkes & Derrylaughan look the teams to beat and will set the pace.