Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Thanks - Thought Paudie Hampsey would be close to it at this stage...good to have them all back sooner rather than later

Jim Bob

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 05, 2020, 05:00:02 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on February 05, 2020, 04:53:52 PM
Big wind storm forecast for Saturday into Sunday. Potentially could affect the Kerry game.
hopefully gets called off, only chance we have of avoiding defeat.

Spot the gobshite !!!

redzone

GlenMan

Quote from: redzone on February 10, 2020, 09:38:37 PM
Did mchugh walk

Yes - didn't want to give up another year of Club football having just come back from injury.

Angelo

Quote from: GlenMan on February 11, 2020, 08:32:29 AM
Quote from: redzone on February 10, 2020, 09:38:37 PM
Did mchugh walk

Yes - didn't want to give up another year of Club football having just come back from injury.

The thing about these lads who quit the panel to play club football is that come the summer and peak Championship time, they won't be playing much football anyway.

I can understand McHugh's decision, he missed two years of football pretty much and he seems to be down the pecking order. I'd have liked to have seen him get a proper run though, injuries and the form of others did mean we never got to see if he was up to it.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

Can't blame McHugh....in circumstances like his, you could argue he probably should be released to the club for for game time but I'm not sure any county, let alone Tyrone do that kinda thing anymore. Suppose it's all insurance and paperwork.

Pearse Blue

Realistically, there are atleast 10 others on the panel like him. There for training purposes only at this stage, Mickey doesn't change his mind on a player no matter the circumstances. Some boys are happy enough to be there as training resources but eventually it is bound to become sickening.

Ty4Sam

Interesting development coming out of Australia this morning. If McKenna comes home indefinitely it sheds a whole new light on Tyrone's All Ireland hopes

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Ty4Sam on February 11, 2020, 09:34:22 AM
Interesting development coming out of Australia this morning. If McKenna comes home indefinitely it sheds a whole new light on Tyrone's All Ireland hopes

He gets these wee weeks off to help homesickness, don't think there is anything else in it.

Who knows how he adapts to Gaelic Football again even if back. He didn't look too hot v Edendork despite scoring a goal I was told.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Ty4Sam on February 11, 2020, 09:34:22 AM
Just seen it, would surely be a massive addition to Tyrone. I know it was an official club statement but I remember seeing a video of him golfing in Australia yesterday or the day before.. Must've been in the pipeline if he's home now 

tyroneman

For the sake of argument what position do you think Mickey would play him in?

Christmas Lights

If Conor McKenna comes home and is straight into the Tyrone panel, it will be some addition and will massively boost Tyrones chances of an AI title win. 

Imagine a forward line consisting of McCurry, Sludden, Harte, Matty D, McShane, Conor McKenna

Now thats fire power.

I've said it once, I'll say it again, Mickey Harte is the man.  Incredible manager and best man for the job.  Gets McShane to stay and gets Conor McKenna home.  Anyone who wants MH out of the setup would need to have their heads checked.

RedHand88

This is some coup for Harte. Keeping mcshane here and even bringing back mckenna.

trueblue1234

Is he definitely home for good? Seems to be mixed reports.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 11, 2020, 10:14:01 AM
Is he definitely home for good? Seems to be mixed reports.

If he's home at the minute and looking out at what I am he'll be back in Melbourne by the weekend.