Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: barelegs on August 24, 2015, 07:27:36 PM

From the other angle. Note O'Mahony's hand here and McNulty still hasn't tugged his shirt

Note O'Mahony's foot as well.

muppet

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 24, 2015, 07:32:30 PM

From the other angle. Note O'Mahony's hand here and McNulty still hasn't tugged his shirt

Bomber, is that you on your feet in the crowd looking for the penalty already?  :D
MWWSI 2017

mc_grens

Surely the better team is the one that's calm and collected enough to capitalize on the chances it gets?

I haven't seen him mentioned here but I though Donnachadh Walsh was excellent yesterday- the narrative of him being a workhorse ignores consistently intelligent runs and smart, quick ball movement.

Wildweasel74

Destro take your beating we all laughing at you, the way you going on, If that, if this, seriously catch yourself on, most on here admit Kerry were the better team and i had expected them to beat Tyrone in a game tighter than most expected and said so before the game started.

Kerry were pulling away until Tyrone got what to me is still a 50 50 penalty, seen them given, seen plenty not,

Tyrone were level with about 7-8mins playing time left and Kerry pulled away again. so Tyrone could have pushed on at the end but Kerry had more scoring power on offer from more players

But you keep deluging yourself that you were the better team, you weren't. I still think Donegal would beat Tyrone if they played them

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 24, 2015, 09:11:04 PM
Destro take your beating we all laughing at you, the way you going on, If that, if this, seriously catch yourself on, most on here admit Kerry were the better team and i had expected them to beat Tyrone in a game tighter than most expected and said so before the game started.

Kerry were pulling away until Tyrone got what to me is still a 50 50 penalty, seen them given, seen plenty not,

Tyrone were level with about 7-8mins playing time left and Kerry pulled away again. so Tyrone could have pushed on at the end but Kerry had more scoring power on offer from more players

But you keep deluging yourself that you were the better team, you weren't. I still think Donegal would beat Tyrone if they played them

Nice twist on the reality of the facts.

If Tyrone took the chances they created then they would have won that game, we also had what looked like a certain penalty turned down with 5 minutes to go. We had Kerry at our mercy and we lost the game because we lacked that ruthlessness required, on the balance our performance I felt our game plan worked much better but our wastefulness cost us the result.

armaghniac

If Tyrone had performed as well as the referee, i.e. getting it right most of the time, they would have won. They didn't, although it has been a good year for them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Does the word 'fact' have a different meaning up north to the rest of the english speaking world? I am guessing it means blanket or RTE bias or something.

Y'know like the word 'mind' means remember or something like that.
MWWSI 2017

Wildweasel74

yeah you had Kerry at your Mercy at 0-14 - 0-09, how that work out for you`s

Talks a good game

Well done to Kerry, they just had that wee bit of extra class and experience on the day. Delighted with Tyrone's performance overall, small margins but taking one of those goal chances made all the difference. Think we just didn't have the confidence to push up on their kickouts earlier in the second half.
The players should just take the result with good grace....say nothing,we don't want to be seen to be doing a Tip!

Can't really blame the referee, he did bottle giving out a couple of Kerry black cards but if we had taken the goal chances on offer it wouldn't have mattered. We also gave a way two points complaining about free kicks that got moved forward which could have been the difference in the end.

I don't really buy into all this Morgan bashing,it didn't work out in the second half but his kick outs were exceptional in the previous games and he was obviously under orders not to hit it long. Once we started kicking long and fought for breaks we looked more dangerous.

The biggest positive is that the confidence is now restored in the team and the county. Onwards and upwards.

INDIANA

Quote from: armaghniac on August 24, 2015, 09:29:00 PM
If Tyrone had performed as well as the referee, i.e. getting it right most of the time, they would have won. They didn't, although it has been a good year for them.

Best description of it yet

BennyHarp

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 24, 2015, 09:37:03 PM
yeah you had Kerry at your Mercy at 0-14 - 0-09, how that work out for you`s
Quote from: muppet on August 24, 2015, 09:33:10 PM
Does the word 'fact' have a different meaning up north to the rest of the english speaking world? I am guessing it means blanket or RTE bias or something.

Y'know like the word 'mind' has nothing to do with your head and means remember or something like that.
Quote from: armaghniac on August 24, 2015, 09:29:00 PM

Ffs lads, alright, it's one lad just having a bit of a rant, it's hardly the whole of Tyrone on here complaining about the defeat. You lads seem to want Tyrone to be kicking up a bigger fuss so you can complain about it.

By the way Armaghniac, I think Tyrones performance reflected the referee's. In general performed ok but just lacked composure when the games big moments came along.
That was never a square ball!!

omaghjoe

Must be more Tyrone that than "up North". The Belfast ones's used to slag us about mine/mind at least I think that's what it was....

Anyway... what do yous (theres another ;)) call the mass on the monthly anniversary of a death?

muppet

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 24, 2015, 10:15:14 PM

Must be more Tyrone that than "up North". The Belfast ones's used to slag us about mine/mind at least I think that's what it was....

Anyway... what do yous (theres another ;)) call the mass on the monthly anniversary of a death?

An excuse for a piss up.

Or a months's mind.

Edit: Actually Wiki has this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Month%27s_Mind

'In medieval and later England, it was a service and feast held one month after the death of anyone in his or her memory. Bede speaks of the day as commemorationis dies. These "Minding days" were of great antiquity, and were survivals of the Norse minne, or ceremonial drinking to the dead.'
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on August 24, 2015, 10:18:31 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 24, 2015, 10:15:14 PM

An excuse for a piss up.

Or a months's mind.

Edit: Actually Wiki has this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Month%27s_Mind

'In medieval and later England, it was a service and feast held one month after the death of anyone in his or her memory. Bede speaks of the day as commemorationis dies. These "Minding days" were of great antiquity, and were survivals of the Norse minne, or ceremonial drinking to the dead.'

But then also I uncovered this Muppet

http://www.woden.org/minne.html

The Gothic man (pl. munum, pret. Munda) signified I think; gaman (pl. gamunum, pret. gamunda) I bethink me, I remember. From the same verb is derived the OHG. Minna = minia amor, minnôn = miniôn amare, to remembered a loved one. In the ON. Language we have the same man, munum, and also minni memoria, minna recordari, but the secondary meaning of amor was never developed.

Anyway interesting article, another indicator of how ancient and persistent our customs in Ireland are and a demonstration of how adaptable Catholicism is to traditions.

On a side note the wiki article also says that mine is still used in Lancashire. I also think I read somewhere previously that craic originated in the North of England

Whishtup

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 24, 2015, 07:32:30 PM

Before I start, Tyrone lost this game themselves by taking wrong decisions, missing frees at crucial times.  We could have been out the gate at half time (McCurry opting to shoot fro a point (wide) when we were 3, maybe 4 on 2, very early on and the McAliskey point that should've been passed off).  Lack of goal practice during games came back to haunt us. 

However, I'm a bit sick of the selective snipping by The Sunday Game.  Who actually brings the things like the grab by McNulty to the attention of the panel?  Is it some video editor or do they do it themselves?  This is pitiful stuff and all the time TSG is losing credibility due to unreasonable reportage and editing of match highlights.  It really is gutter tabloid standard.  Even going back to the Monaghan game where crucial incidents like the McAliskey penalty shout and subsequent pointed free were deemed not important for review.  Is there an unspoken 'protect the refs' code of conduct deployed by RTE, choosing instead to vilify players, detracting from the crap reffing in every game?