Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: blanketattack on August 24, 2015, 03:45:05 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 24, 2015, 02:16:32 PM
some going that... fair play.  Lets avoid talk of transition as its a bit cute.. 
With the youth set up paying off, their amazing tradition and also the quick run in,  I think its not unreasonable to expect Kerry to be in most finals for the next 10 years, and winning between 6 - 7 titles. 
Dubs might grab 1/2 more.  Mayo might grab 1.  Tyrone might grab 1.  Anything else probably wont happen.

Hah! Would love that!
Realistically should get to most if not all of next 10 quarters.
Then 7 or 8 semis.
4 to 5 finals.
Then 2 or 3 AIs from that.

Main problem will be replacing current 30+ players like OSe, Maher, Gooch, D Walsh, etc. plus there's nobody in the 20-23 bracket coming through. 2014/2015 minor crop are good few years of development off senior material yet.
I'd imagine of the 4 teams in the semis, Kerry will have the most retirements this winter. I'm sure those Kerry men thinking it may be their last game will want to go out on a high. Donaghey, Ó Sé, O Mahoney, Galvin must be close to it, never mind the other 30 year olds like Cooper, Walsh & Maher. As most are only subs now, it shouldn't be much of an issue for 2016 if they do go.

Hopefully Tyrone have no one retiring.

omaghjoe

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 24, 2015, 03:07:26 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 24, 2015, 02:47:41 PM
Is Hughes or Deegan amongst the guys likely to get the all Ireland this year.

As far as I know, neither of the SF refs will get the final so Deegan & McQuillan are ruled out anyway

They'll surely give it to Cormac Reilly if Mayo make it through  ;D

Is it going to  a FF ref? or worse still a FG man?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on August 24, 2015, 03:55:26 PM
some going that... fair play.  Lets avoid talk of transition as its a bit cute.. 
With the youth set up paying off, their amazing tradition and also the quick run in,  I think its not unreasonable to expect Kerry to be in most finals for the next 10 years, and winning between 6 - 7 titles. 
Dubs might grab 1/2 more.  Mayo might grab 1.  Tyrone might grab 1.  Anything else probably wont happen.

Hah! Would love that!
Then 7 or 8 semis.
4 to 5 finals.

Main problem will be replacing current 30+ players like OSe, Maher, Gooch, D Walsh, etc. plus there's nobody in the 20-23 bracket coming through. 2014/2015 minor crop are good few years of development off senior material yet.
I'd imagine of the 4 teams in the semis, Kerry will have the most retirements this winter. I'm sure those Kerry men thinking it may be their last game will want to go out on a high. Donaghey, Ó Sé, O Mahoney, Galvin must be close to it, never mind the other 30 year olds like Cooper, Walsh & Maher. As most are only subs now, it shouldn't be much of an issue for 2016 if they do go.

If Mayo win the All Ireland, every one of them will retire to go drinking and riding for the rest of his life.

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2015, 04:10:14 PM
Quote from: Stall the Bailer on August 24, 2015, 03:55:26 PM

Hah! Would love that!
Then 7 or 8 semis.
4 to 5 finals.

If Mayo win the All Ireland, every one of them will retire to go drinking and riding for the rest of his life.
;D

T Fearon

Did Tyrone go to Belfast Opera House last Wednesday night to gain some acting tips?

Gabriel_Hurl

Another positive of the result yesterday was Fearon losing his bet

omaghjoe

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 24, 2015, 06:18:49 PM
Another positive of the result yesterday was Fearon losing his bet

Tony doesnt gamble does he?
Sure that's the work of the devil

ONeill

Couldnt help thinking of the clinical way Tyrone goaled against Dublin in similar conditions in 2008.

We didn't have that class and ruthlessness yesterday.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on August 24, 2015, 07:06:22 PM

Extremely bizarre analysis last night on how a still image "proved" it wasn't a penalty, completely forgetting the fact O'Mahony spun him round right before they caught that still. I wonder how many hours they spent analysing it by miliseconds of frames before they could justify the non-award.

barelegs

From the other angle. Note O'Mahony's hand here and McNulty still hasn't tugged his shirt

Gabriel_Hurl

muppet

Brian McGuigan:

"Watching it back, I changed my mind but seeing that picture there, McNulty does grab his (Aidan O'Mahony's) jersey and go to the ground very easily."
MWWSI 2017