TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hairyUlsterman

Regarding Modern Family, here is an interview with Ed O'Neill and he talks about his Irish background, he used to be in Married with Children as well.

http://irishamerica.com/2014/05/the-very-modern-ed-oneill/

laoislad

Quote from: mauricemoss on August 04, 2014, 05:31:02 PM
Didn't know what thread to put this in so I thought this would as good as any.

Does anyone know of any free sites for watching or downloading for free? I used to use the 1channel but it seems to have been taken down. Also tried coke and popcorn but it is no use for me now for some reason.

I'm looking to watch Game of Thrones, I'm halfway through the first series and need my fix lol.

Any help greatly appreciated.
If you have an Android device just download Showbox.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Canalman

Quote from: hairyUlsterman on August 04, 2014, 06:57:01 PM
Regarding Modern Family, here is an interview with Ed O'Neill and he talks about his Irish background, he used to be in Married with Children as well.

Ah yes the legend that was and is Al Bundy.

Loved that show . Usually on late at night iirc. May not have aged well so will give the boxset a miss.

5 Sams

Quote from: Canalman on August 06, 2014, 04:37:59 PM

Loved that show . Usually on late at night iirc. May not have aged well so will give the boxset a miss.

Worth it alone for Christina Applegate!

And to abide by Rule 1. ;)

The Aristocrat Years

NAG1

Have started watching True Blood, only two episodes into the first series.

Not overly sure about it so far, is it worth sticking with?

armaghniac

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 06, 2014, 05:17:45 PM
Quote from: Canalman on August 06, 2014, 04:37:59 PM

Worth it alone for Christina Applegate!

And to abide by Rule 1. ;)

I remember seeing Married with Children had been suddenly cancelled at the time, to the annoyance of the cast. Always good craic.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Quote from: Boycey on July 25, 2014, 11:33:43 AM
Anyone followed Ray Donovan?

Skipped by it a couple of times but last night decided to take the plunge and having looked at a few reviews and the cast list decided it might be worth a watch. Well the 1st episode was the corniest piece of shite I watched in ages with far too much going on. Anyone followed it through? Is it worth persevering with?

Yep, onto season 2. Stick with it. Plenty going on. Ray's wife is a bit annoying though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

blewuporstuffed

Silicon Valley, enjoyable enough show, some very funny bits
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on August 07, 2014, 11:40:38 AM

Skipped by it a couple of times but last night decided to take the plunge and having looked at a few reviews and the cast list decided it might be worth a watch. Well the 1st episode was the corniest piece of shite I watched in ages with far too much going on. Anyone followed it through? Is it worth persevering with?

Yep, onto season 2. Stick with it. Plenty going on. Ray's wife is a bit annoying though.
+1 to all of the above. Where have I seen the female reporter before? Nrico will know...

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 07, 2014, 01:27:16 PM

+1 to all of the above. Where have I seen the female reporter before? Nrico will know...

Hocus Pocus is where I remember her from.  You would probably remember her from Eyes Wide Shut.  Near sure she was the naughty girlfriend in that Josh Hartnett film about going off the loving for 40 days.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

CD

I stumbled upon a show called 'Enlightened' on Sky Atlantic a few weeks back. I sky+ed the first 5 episodes and my wife and I devoured them last night - a really good show.
It's a 10 part series about a corporate high flyer who has had a meltdown and is desperately trying to reinvent herself. Described as a comedy, that was why I recorded it, but it certainly isn't. I think the third season is due for release soon on HBO.

I would recommend it - can't think of anything I'd compare it to - a difficult one to categorise but brilliantly made. Episode four was as good a 30 minutes of TV as I've seen in a while.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

mc_grens

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 07, 2014, 01:53:26 PM

Hocus Pocus is where I remember her from.  You would probably remember her from Eyes Wide Shut.  Near sure she was the naughty girlfriend in that Josh Hartnett film about going off the loving for 40 days.

Rule 1

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mc_grens on August 08, 2014, 10:24:46 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 07, 2014, 01:53:26 PM

Rule 1

Under Lights

Just seen a trailer for the new  Gotham show that is coming to channel 5 'soon', looks very good

QuoteGotham is an upcoming American superhero television series created by Bruno Heller, based on characters appearing in and published by DC Comics, specifically those of Detective James Gordon and Bruce Wayne, who were created by Bob Kane, and others in DC's Batman franchise. The series will star Ben McKenzie as the young Gordon.[3] Heller serves as executive producer on the project along with Danny Cannon, who will also direct the pilot. Gotham received a series order from Fox on May 5, 2014,[4] and is scheduled to premiere on September 22, 2014.[2]

As originally conceived, the series would have served as a straightforward story of Gordon's early days on the Gotham City Police force. The idea evolved not only to include the Bruce Wayne character, but will also tell the origin stories of several Batman villains, including the Penguin, the Riddler, Catwoman, the Joker,[5] Poison Ivy,[6] Scarecrow,[7] Hugo Strange, Harvey Dent[8] and Mr. Freeze.[9] The first season will consist of sixteen episodes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d1zpt6k5OI

charlieTully

The box set of the west wing is on sky OD now, is it worth getting into?