TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

The 15 Billion Pound Railway on BBC2 last night about London's Crossrail project was good viewing for those of that persuasion.

johnneycool

New series of Game of Thrones has scenes being shot in an old castle outside Portaferry, met a load of those TV support service lorries the other day on the way home. Might have to call over the next time they're down to see if the Targarian blade has the bangers out  8)

ziggysego

Has anyone seen Modern Family on Sky One? Only recently discovered it and it's fantastic. Cam is brilliant, as too is Gloria.
Testing Accessibility

J OGorman

Quote from: ziggysego on July 24, 2014, 01:20:51 PM
Has anyone seen Modern Family on Sky One? Only recently discovered it and it's fantastic. Cam is brilliant, as too is Gloria.

Fizbo  :)

laoislad

I think it's great. Claire is a fantastic looking woman.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggysego

Quote from: laoislad on July 24, 2014, 01:24:47 PM

Much better looking now, than when she was in Happy Gilmore.
Testing Accessibility

Denn Forever

rule 1.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

J OGorman

Quote from: ziggysego on July 24, 2014, 01:26:07 PM

Much better looking now, than when she was in Happy Gilmore.

an absolute honey in Boston Legal as well.

gallsman

Quote from: johnneycool on July 24, 2014, 01:19:08 PM
New series of Game of Thrones has scenes being shot in an old castle outside Portaferry, met a load of those TV support service lorries the other day on the way home. Might have to call over the next time they're down to see if the Targarian blade has the bangers out  8)

Sadly she'd holed up in the barren, dusty east for a while to come so suspect her scenes won't be filmed in Norn Iron!

Boycey

I dicovered it several years ago on a long haul flight, I watched episode after episode. I think it it might be losing its mojo now as Luke and Manny grow up but in short a wonderful comedy, well written and not a poor character in it.

Phil Dunphy "I'm cool dad, that's my thang. I'm hip, I surf the web, I text. LOL: laugh out loud, OMG: oh my god, WTF: why the face"

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on July 24, 2014, 04:36:36 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on July 24, 2014, 01:19:08 PM

Sadly she'd holed up in the barren, dusty east for a while to come so suspect her scenes won't be filmed in Norn Iron!

They are due to film soon up in North Antrim, close to Garron Tower school
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on July 24, 2014, 04:44:49 PM

I dicovered it several years ago on a long haul flight, I watched episode after episode. I think it it might be losing its mojo now as Luke and Manny grow up but in short a wonderful comedy, well written and not a poor character in it.

Phil Dunphy "I'm cool dad, that's my thang. I'm hip, I surf the web, I text. LOL: laugh out loud, OMG: oh my god, WTF: why the face"

Great show, very funny in parts. A well written show and can laugh at the family with the girls and young boy, the dad cancelled xmas in one show, done that a few times lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

hairyUlsterman

I recommend Home & Away, it is better than all these swanky yank series'

Boycey

Anyone followed Ray Donovan?

Skipped by it a couple of times but last night decided to take the plunge and having looked at a few reviews and the cast list decided it might be worth a watch. Well the 1st episode was the corniest piece of shite I watched in ages with far too much going on. Anyone followed it through? Is it worth persevering with?

ziggysego

Quote from: Boycey on July 24, 2014, 04:44:49 PM

Love that line, sums Phil up perfectly  😀
Testing Accessibility