UK v Russia

Started by bennydorano, March 17, 2018, 01:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

You're starting to have doubts after most western countries had a look behind the curtain and found the evidence it compelling enough to start a tit-for-tat spat with a world power. Right. It's all a conspiracy against poor Russia.

trileacman

Quote from: Syferus on April 05, 2018, 06:49:52 PM
You're starting to have doubts after most western countries had a look behind the curtain and found the evidence it compelling enough to start a tit-for-tat spat with a world power. Right. It's all a conspiracy against poor Russia.

What evidence? Post a link to it there.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Franko

Quote from: trileacman on April 06, 2018, 12:27:34 AM

Same evidence as Boris had, I'd imagine.  ::)

johnnycool

Quote from: Franko on April 06, 2018, 12:35:35 AM
Quote from: trileacman on April 06, 2018, 12:27:34 AM

Same evidence as Boris had, I'd imagine.  ::)

Exactly,
   It's hard not to question the UK Government when the bold Boris goes on German TV and tells huge porkies;

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/did-boris-johnson-lie-about-porton-downs-evidence-against-russia

GJL

Has the lesson of the Americans and the Brits steaming into Iraq to destroy the WOMD been lost on you?

brokencrossbar1

As kids we saw stuff growing up that never made the news. We saw soldiers injured or killed but because of the 'dirty War' they never made it to the MSM....they never made it to any media outlets. There was no internet so the 'truth' could never is be known. A few weeks after certain things which I know happened there would be bus crashes on training manoeuvres in Germany or one I vividly recall in Cananda. There were always casualties. The British government was feeding lies to the public then and that was in the early 80's. Obviously they were doing it before then. I question absolutely everything thing that they do as they have a record of telling lies to cover up or create environments to do certain things. I really question this. I have my own opinions on it.

magpie seanie

I agree BCB. There are no facts or evidence here so I'd be quite slow to point the finger. There are potentially many reasons why several agents would do something like this. Most ordinary people genuinely know SFA about what's going on here....I'd say very few people have any real idea of the truth.

maddog

Quote from: GJL on April 06, 2018, 11:25:12 AM

Has the lesson of the Americans and the Brits steaming into Iraq to destroy the WOMD been lost on you?

The death of Dr David Kelly left lots of questions in the playing out of those events.

Esmarelda

This is likely, probably all propaganda but here it is all the same https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnEQxnYFLnw

bennydorano

May took a big gamble with the early rush to be judge, jury & executioner and it looked to have been a great political move with plaudits all round and the West generally rowing in behind her. It might unravel yet but I don't think so.  I personally think her motivation stank, it was surely partly motivated to shore up her personal status, the Tory party's electoral position, Brexit fiasco deflection etc.. As to who actually did the poisoning, still a fair chance it was the Russians, but I certainly would not trust the UK Government.

johnnycool

Quote from: maddog on April 06, 2018, 11:56:36 AM
Quote from: GJL on April 06, 2018, 11:25:12 AM

The death of Dr David Kelly left lots of questions in the playing out of those events.

Robin Cook's as well was a bit funny IMO, him being very outspoken on the WMD's and being Foreign Secretary.

shawshank

It is genuinely staggering to think that anyone would believe a word that comes out of the English as well as the American governments. The greatest war mongers of all times, who have spun lies and deceit, all for their own personals interests and nothing to do with the greater good. Any poster on here who thinks differently would be naïve at best.

Denn Forever

Did I hear somewhere the the analysis of the substance was weapons grade but could not be tied to russia?  The only places where it is available is Syria, North Korea  and Russia.

Was the Russian that was poisoned an out spoken critic of Putin?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

johnnycool

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 06, 2018, 12:35:28 PM
Did I hear somewhere the the analysis of the substance was weapons grade but could not be tied to russia?  The only places where it is available is Syria, North Korea  and Russia.

Was the Russian that was poisoned an out spoken critic of Putin?

He may have been but he was a Spy caught by the Russians for providing the Brits info and then released back to the UK as part of a prisoner swap IIRC.

sid waddell

Quote from: trileacman on April 05, 2018, 06:41:08 PM
Can someone who believes the Russians are behind this tell me why they did it?

I can understand the attempted killing of the former spy to a) protect secrets or b) punish his defection but why did they do it in such an obvious and public manner? They could have stabbed him in the street, killed him at home, staged a robbery etc etc.

What did the Russians gain carrying out an assassination  in such a conspicuous manner? They would have known the manner in which they did it and the country they did it in would rise the current level of outcry.

I did believe they carried out this posioning but I'm starting to have doubts, the risk reward ratio is just far too slim especially when so many easily deniable methods of assassination were available to them. Anyone see that film killing them softly where 3 bandits commit the same robbery that happened 20 years previously knowing that the guy who committed the 1st robbery will be the fall guy for it. It's kinda like that.
Why did they do what they did to Litvinenko?

He lasted three weeks and was able to give interviews in that time.

Did the Russians do that?