Started by Targetman, June 14, 2017, 11:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2017, 05:27:40 AM
First three rounds for McGregor.

He will be picked apart from here on in. Mayweather in cruise control
That was never a square ball!!

JPGJOHNNYG

McGregor looks knackered already probably should have just gone for it in round 1

heganboy

So McGregor can actually box! Shows what I know

3 rounds each?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

NetNitrate

McGregor looked in trouble in 7th. Last 4 to Mayweather

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 27, 2017, 05:34:09 AM

Still waiting.

Even if McGregor loses he's proven pretty much everyone here wrong. I wonder who will be man enough to admit it?

heganboy

Mayweather has connected a few times to an unguarded face with that straight right. Shows the power is not what it was, but if those keep landing...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on August 26, 2017, 08:46:54 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 26, 2017, 08:44:21 PM
I know a fella who's put £5k on a Mayweather win.  Thanks but no thanks.  I put £5 on a draw @ £40/1!  ;D

I wonder what Milltown put his fiver on ???

Mayweather on points
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

heganboy

This is getting interesting.

heganboy

With 10 about to start you see McGregor tiring hard.  Good start but defense is gone now.

NetNitrate

Was painful to watch in the end. Circus over.

Syferus

Quote from: NetNitrate on August 27, 2017, 05:52:33 AM
Was painful to watch in the end. Circus over.

Don't let what actually happened ruin your party or anything.

Really entertaining fight. Anyone who follows boxing could tell you that was quite a good fight. McGregor could have been a serious boxer if he had concentrated on it.

screenexile

Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2017, 05:42:47 AM

Still waiting.

Even if McGregor loses he's proven pretty much everyone here wrong. I wonder who will be man enough to admit it?

Sorry did Mayweather not give him a boxing lesson?? He took 3 rounds to figure him out then dominated pretty much as everyone expected!

Syferus

Quote from: screenexile on August 27, 2017, 05:55:54 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2017, 05:42:47 AM

Still waiting.

Sorry did Mayweather not give him a boxing lesson?? He took 3 rounds to figure him out then dominated pretty much as everyone expected!

Until the ninth round it was very competitive. Even the rounds Mayweather won weren't him outclassing McGregor by any massive degree. The difference only really showed itself when McGregor tired, not being used to the sheer length of championship boxing.

JPGJOHNNYG

Fair play to McGregor he tried to make it a proper boxing contest on reflection he provably just needed to go beserk in the first round and hope for a knock out

heganboy

Would disagree strongly with that statement.  Outside of the last 2 minutes of the fight the rookie held his own superbly well. Mayweather leading off with the right was fun to watch. McGregor did so much better, night and day better than I expected. Writing on the wall at the end of 9 when he couldn't guard his head. Started 10 giving it a rattle, but the endurance and experience let him down in the end. Mayweathers defence as always difference. McGregor walks out head held high. Way more than I expected.