Mayweather v Mc Gregor

Started by Targetman, June 14, 2017, 11:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Megaman on August 04, 2017, 02:24:51 PM
i dont mind McGregor and think fair play to him for all he has done including brainwashing everyone into watching this farce.

i really hope either one gets knocked out in the first round, all this hype/shite for nothing.

You clearly mind a whole hell of a lot.

gallsman

Quote from: Taylor on August 04, 2017, 11:20:12 AM
If Paulie won the sparring with a face like that I dread to think what CMcG looks like.

Paulie was wearing an open guard, McGregor a closed one. McGregor's team putting it out about how he doesn't have a mark on him and Paulie is cut up is laughable.

Quote from: square_ball on August 04, 2017, 10:59:00 AM
Bearing in mind Sam Eggington took him out in 8 rounds 6 months ago that doesn't bode well for McGregor.

Certainly not. Eggington would absolutely demolish McGregor in a few rounds.

Megaman

Quote from: Syferus on August 04, 2017, 02:37:37 PM
Quote from: Megaman on August 04, 2017, 02:24:51 PM
i dont mind McGregor and think fair play to him for all he has done including brainwashing everyone into watching this farce.

i really hope either one gets knocked out in the first round, all this hype/shite for nothing.

You clearly mind a whole hell of a lot.

Cleary how?  i would go a s far as saying i like Mcgregor but think this fight is a farce. do i really care about it , NO.

lurganblue

Paulie still slabbering away. In fact, he's now the top promotor of this fight.

BennyHarp

Pauline loves the limelight and is single handedly keeping media interest in this fight at the minute. I'd take everything that happens around this fight with a huge pinch of salt though.
That was never a square ball!!

heganboy

i was chatting to a boxing guy last weekend who said this is like Tyson against Buster Douglas. In order for McGregor to have a shot, Mayweather would need to:

split with his wife
split with his manager
split with his long term trainer
slack off in training
(consume a bunch of recreational drugs???)

As always in boxing, there is a puncher's chance, but if Hatton can't lay a finger on Mayweather, what chance has McGregor?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

JoG2

Quote from: heganboy on August 08, 2017, 12:10:57 AM
i was chatting to a boxing guy last weekend who said this is like Tyson against Buster Douglas. In order for McGregor to have a shot, Mayweather would need to:

split with his wife
split with his manager
slack off in training

As always in boxing, there is a puncher's chance, but if Hatton can't lay a finger on Mayweather, what chance has McGregor?

because Joe Cortez wouldn't let Hatton work on the inside (as was expected)!

nrico2006

Quote from: JoG2 on August 08, 2017, 09:35:09 AM

split with his wife
split with his manager
slack off in training

because Joe Cortez wouldn't let Hatton work on the inside (as was expected)!

Plus Mayweather isn't as good as he was 10 years ago. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hound

Before the photo/knockdown controversy, Malignaggi said the 12 rounds of sparring was quite competitive. He said McGregor came out strong and did well in the first 4 rounds. But Paulie said from round 5 on that he had figured him out and was in control. Then 11 and 12 McGregor came on very strong, maybe down to Paulie gassing as he wasn't prepared for a 12 rounder.

Considering many said McGregor couldnt even live with Irish professional boxers in his weight class, being competitive with Malignaggi might surprise some. He has been retired for the last 6 months and he's not in top shape (though more active than Mayweather in the last 2 years!), but has always been regarded as a top technician, and he's a former world champion. Of course, still a long long way short of Mayweather! 

punt kick

Anyone who pays to see this needs their head examined.

stew

split with his wife
split with his manager
slack off in training

Mayweather is old  McGregor can hit him if he has lost any of his elusiveness, that said he is going to embarrass the UFC and himself, Ibam sure the cash will soften the damage to his reputation after this farce.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hound

Very interesting new ESPN piece on McGregor. Warts'n'all. A bit long and a bit americany, but worth a look when you have 10 minutes

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/enterpriseMcGregor/conor-mcgregor-shaped-dublin-roots-prepares-fight-floyd-mayweather

Taylor

Quote from: Hound on August 08, 2017, 02:14:09 PM

Very interesting new ESPN piece on McGregor. Warts'n'all. A bit long and a bit americany, but worth a look when you have 10 minutes

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/enterpriseMcGregor/conor-mcgregor-shaped-dublin-roots-prepares-fight-floyd-mayweather

Yep, thats exactly how Dublin is  ;D
Apart from the areas where the GAA have pumped millions into.

Bar the shite about the 'war' in Dublin its a well written piece

tiempo

Quote from: Hound on August 08, 2017, 02:14:09 PM

Read about half of it yesterday before tapping out, its utter drivel in large parts and therefore very difficult to read. Getting panned on twitter by Dubs.

gallsman

Came across that article on Boards. All the McGregor fanboys praising it.

It makes Sheriff Street sound like Syria.

Wright Thompson is a very accomplished writer too.