Star Wars

Started by omaghjoe, December 15, 2015, 10:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Darth "Asthma" Vader.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Canalman on January 07, 2016, 12:35:16 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 07, 2016, 12:17:00 PM
yeah its a pre 'a new hope' where this group of people steal the plans for the death star and pass it onto Leia. Its a cool concept and any of the set pics ive seen show the original storm troopers in a battle scene.

Def something to fill the gap until the next film in May 17

Jesus wept. Do we have to go through all the hype again in a few months?

Will never again go to see another SW movie after buying into the hype (sadly again). Current one very very average imo. Ferocious plot holes in it to (re)boot ........... pun intended.

Naw the follow up to the force awakens is in May 17. This Rougue one film will be in Christmas 16. Plenty of time to get hyped up for it lol
hurl like f**k boi!

AZOffaly

On a serious note, Carrie Fisher should sue her plastic surgeon. Unless she gave specific instructions that she not be able to smile afterwards of course.

omaghjoe

Didnt even know about that Rogue One film.

Kinda excited for it but then also kinda disappointed at the same time like the series as being stand alone, hopefully it doesnt interfere with the main series too much.

Its surprising with the sell out to Disney I suppose, they have to make it pay and they will milk the Star Wars brand for everything that its worth now :'(

oakleaflad

Quote from: omaghjoe on January 07, 2016, 11:03:39 PM

Kinda excited for it but then also kinda disappointed at the same time like the series as being stand alone, hopefully it doesnt interfere with the main series too much.

Its surprising with the sell out to Disney I suppose, they have to make it pay and they will milk the Star Wars brand for everything that its worth now :'(
There will be a Star Wars film every year for the foreseeable future. Rogue One and the other anthology films won't interrupt the main series and will likely feature characters from the older films in the main series. 

gallsman

Quote from: omaghjoe on January 07, 2016, 11:03:39 PM

Normally I'd agree, but Lucas had destroyed it enough for years. Someone had to rescue it. I don't think they'll have any issue making the money back at all from what we've seen to date.

Applesisapples

Old enough to have gone to the first three films when first out. I never really liked the next three, the new one is a throwback to the first I enjoyed it and sure that's what movies are for.

gallsman

Saw The Last Jedi tonight. Pretty good, at least as good as The Force Awakens.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gallsman

A bit long, could have been edited better I thought.

Puckoon

Still trying to put my thoughts together. 80% godfather 1&2, 20% godfather 3. At the moment.

Wow.

JPGJOHNNYG

Better than tfa. I watched tfa again recently and enjoyed it more than when i first saw it. I think if you can overlook the blatant rehash of a new hope then its quite good. The problem wih the new films is a complete lack of a decent bad guy. Hux is a joke. Kylo ren was good until he took his mask off and continues to be annoying in this film. Snoke had potential but for some reason the director decided just to put an end to that. Also that Rose character was awful zero need to have her in it esp when they couldnt be bothered giving us more history on snoke but felt the need to waste time with her. Still enjoyable enough but rogue one was better

thewobbler

Not so sure about the Last Jedi. It's probably a better story than TFA, but it's just not as enjoyable; it's too long,  has too much dialogue and has a fair number of unnecessary characters. Watchable but not really memorable. As mentioned above, the lack of background to Snoke is a cop out. One would have to assume he had a master at one stage in order to gain full control of his powers. But who?

Rogue One is still by miles the standout since Disney.

gallsman

I think Rogue One is the best of the lot, period, including the Empire Strikes Back.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on December 16, 2017, 08:33:07 PM
I think Rogue One is the best of the lot, period, including the Empire Strikes Back.
Yes. For me it is:

R1 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 7 > 6 > 1/2/3