Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: longballin on December 19, 2017, 02:25:16 PM
Quote from: Orior on December 19, 2017, 01:08:18 PM
Quote from: Hardy on December 19, 2017, 12:37:38 PM
Quote from: longballin on December 19, 2017, 11:52:19 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on December 19, 2017, 10:40:16 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on December 14, 2017, 01:21:06 PM
No.In all seriousness this thread shows the absolute hypocrisy running through many aspects of this board.I use my formidable wit to lightheartedly link the news of celebrity deaths to aspects of their lives.This is not mocking the death itself.

However it now transpires that joking about death (in a way which is,unlike me, mocking the death) or even glorifying in the death is totally acceptable according to your perception of the deceased (e g Margaret Thatcher),or if you happen to know the deceased personally (🙄).
Firstly your wit is not formidable, and your jokes are crap at best. That said I don't think there is anything mocking about the jokes and you have to laugh at death sometimes. Your jokes are just terrible but I would defend your right to make them.

You say is ok to laugh at death "sometimes". Who decides which times?

You think it should be formalised in law?

There's plenty of stuff he posts here to take T. Fearon to account over, but this po-faced virtue signalling in response to his inane but harmless attempts at humour are tiresome.

For what it's worth, here's the rule of thumb most of society seems to use: it's not only OK, it's necessary for our psychological well-being to laugh at death. But we do it out of earshot of the bereaved in the particular case. And we don't do it at all in the case of events that are likely to be hurtful to many even by being mentioned - e.g. the death of a child.

This forum is out of earshot of the world at large and certainly of those bereaved by the deaths about which TF posted.

Hardy has spoken. Will everyone listen?

OK - as long as families affected won't hear we're getting a good laugh out of it. Sound

Go to the Corny thread, and count the number of jokes that make fun of a group of people and those that do not.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Exactly.My respect for the deceased is such that I removed my comment of condolence on the 5Sams thread when it was proposed this be presented to his family.This was due to the fact that I was not his favourite person and I didn't want to cause distress to any of his siblings lest they knew this.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: T Fearon on December 19, 2017, 04:11:45 PM
Exactly.My respect for the deceased is such that I removed my comment of condolence on the 5Sams thread when it was proposed this be presented to his family.This was due to the fact that I was not his favourite person and I didn't want to cause distress to any of his siblings lest they knew this.
In fairness I think that quote would be valid for about 90% of the members of this Board
Careful now

Aaron Boone

Quote from: hardstation on December 19, 2017, 07:48:47 PM
I'll tell you one thing. You shower of fcukers have sucked all the joy out of this thread.

It will live again when shall I say.. ..someone passes.

playwiththewind1st

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42421423

The use of the word "disgraced" will kick off a bit of controversy on here, I would say.

longballin

I'll tell you one thing. You shower of fcukers have sucked all the joy out of this thread.

sucked the joy out of a death thread  :D   

laoislad

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 20, 2017, 08:49:33 AM

The use of the word "disgraced" will kick off a bit of controversy on here, I would say.
Looking forward to Fearon's joke on this one.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

theskull1

Good timing for Tony to heed advice and keep schtum this time

Many hypocrites though will no doubt come here to give the bishop a good bashing
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

longballin

Quote from: laoislad on December 20, 2017, 11:05:26 AM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 20, 2017, 08:49:33 AM

Looking forward to Fearon's joke on this one.

Ditto

laoislad

Quote from: theskull1 on December 20, 2017, 11:26:37 AM
Good timing for Tony to heed advice and keep schtum this time

Many hypocrites though will no doubt come here to give the bishop a good bashing
Surely that's something you should only be doing in the privacy of your own home....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

playwiththewind1st

Or the parochial house, perhaps?

Hardy

Orior

Quote from: longballin on December 20, 2017, 09:25:08 AM

Ah c'mon, Hardstation is right. Or is there nothing funny about life at all?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AQMP

Heather North, who was the voice of Daphne in the Scooby-Doo TV cartoon and films aged 71.

longballin

Quote from: Orior on December 20, 2017, 01:29:21 PM
Quote from: longballin on December 20, 2017, 09:25:08 AM

Ah c'mon, Hardstation is right. Or is there nothing funny about life at all?

aye I know sometimes is ok but which times?