Sky TV

Started by Celt_Man, September 04, 2011, 01:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Jim Bob on March 17, 2018, 02:38:44 PM
Pulled the plug on sky yesterday after 20 years. Big switch off next month. Which tv channels will remain and available to view anyway through the sky does anyone know?

https://freesat.co.uk/whats/full-channel-list/

Main Street

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on March 17, 2018, 04:28:43 PM
Pulled the plug on sky yesterday after 20 years. Big switch off next month. Which tv channels will remain and available to view anyway through the sky does anyone know?

you're about 10 years too late, no one has sky anymore, everything is available online.

should still have all the free satellite channels
A skybox with a free uk card is excellent value for the many viewers who live outside the broadband zone. I'd say the satellite  HD channels would be rated at about 5MB/sec, a speed which would burn up my 4G monthly ration.

Itchy

If you have broadband over 8mb and if you have no limits on your broadband you can get sky channels easy enough. I'll not post here on open forum but you can pm if you want details.

Jim Bob

Was expecting the get the call from sky to try and encourage me to stay on. Big switch off next week and no word from them lol. Not sure whether I would deal even if they give me s really good offer. Have smart tv so have access to the iPlayers but wondering how good a deal will they offer to keep me on????

bennydorano

Noticed in my last Sky Bill that my HD Package had went up to £13 pm, as much as I like watching in HD I thought this was taking the piss so I rang today to cancel, turned out I got the same HD Channels package for £0 by changing my package - I lost Sky Sports Formula 1 HD - something that I have never ever watched, so I've been paying through the nose for some shite for a year or two unnecessarily. Worth checking out what's going on with packages!

Insane Bolt

Cancelled sky over 3 years ago and don't miss it, the number of times I flicked through channels and ended up watching Gold reruns of Only Fools and Horses.

tintin25

How much is it for just the basic Sky and Sports Package?

I have an openreach modem already installed in my new home...is it better to get the BT in?

Jim Bob

It's gone a week now   The only thing I misss is the instant rewind. It's only now I realise how much I used it.

GJL

IPTV is the way forward.

screenexile

Quote from: GJL on April 24, 2018, 04:24:37 PM
IPTV is the way forward.

If I was someone who had IPTV I would heartily agree with that statement!!! ;) ;)

tyrone girl

Jim Bob if u go on to live chat u will get about 50% off for 12 months. I have seen people say that 40% is the most they will offer but try it and see. If you want to keep it that is.

Taylor

Have IPTV as an app on tv. Subscription is running out however it is freezing all the time so not worth a shite.

Anyone know someone that provides a code that is quality?

screenexile

I know someone who uses fabiptv and they say it's pretty good.

The only issue had was for the Joshua fight but then I'm sure that was the same all over.

Jules

Try ebay - i buy a new one each month for about £5. Rarely have i had a problem.

Taylor

Quote from: Jules on May 03, 2018, 10:47:20 AM
Try ebay - i buy a new one each month for about £5. Rarely have i had a problem.

Changing provider every month. Is that a bit of a pain in the bollox?