Sky TV

Started by Celt_Man, September 04, 2011, 01:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Anyone else getting a slap of TV Channels on Sky which they haven't signed up or paid for?  Yesterday and today for whatever reason, I seem to be able to watch 3e, Sky 1, Dave, Comedy Centtral, MGM Movies etc....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BennyHarp

Apparently the channels included in their various packages changed on September 1st so you may find different channels bring available to you! I only got sky 2 weeks ago and they said that the package would change on that date!
That was never a square ball!!

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

nrico2006

I know there was something that caused me to lose Sky Sports News for the month of August but it was to come back on 1st September and it did.  I haven't tried any other channels that I previously didn't get.  In saying that, I usually don't get TCM, but I flicked on to it the other night and could see it, will have to check again later.  When I got Sky HD in, I got all the Discovery and History HD channels for 7/8 months even though I didn't get the normal Discovery and HD Channels as I hadn't subscribed.  I don't get them now.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gerry

have to say sky go is great. my mate give me his password and now i have his sky sports, espn and sky movies for free via my pc and tv.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

AZOffaly

Quote from: gerry on September 05, 2011, 09:16:31 PM
have to say sky go is great. my mate give me his password and now i have his sky sports, espn and sky movies for free via my pc and tv.

He's only entitled to 2 devices, so you're taking all of his Sky Go at this stage :)

the Deel Rover

How do you get it on your tv Gerry ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

gerrykeegan

Anyone have any success with Sky go and Windows 7?
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

gerry

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2011, 10:22:42 AM

He's only entitled to 2 devices, so you're taking all of his Sky Go at this stage :)

you can register two computers, one is his and i am the other

gerry

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 06, 2011, 11:07:59 AM

How do you get it on your tv Gerry ?

i have a hdmi connection on my pc, so i use a hdmi lead to connect to the tv.  the sound comes thought the tv speakers and i have a wireless keyboard to change the channels

laoislad

Would you not throw him a few quid to cover the cost ya tight arse.

*pm me the password like a good fella  ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

I don't have Sky I have UPC. My auld lad however has Sky.
I was just reading on the Sky website that Sky Go is free for Sky subscribers...
I wonder would it work if I use his Sky I.D and address?

AZOffaly

Answer = Yes.

My brother uses mine for the NFL.

You need to have access to his online account, and password. And then the first time you access it will register it as an approved device.

I use my IPOD as one device, and the brother's laptop is the other.

gerry

thats what i use, just ask him for his user name and passord or sign him up for one if he has not got one.

btw i offer him a few shillings but he did not want any, as he says it was costing him nothing extra

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2011, 08:31:14 PM
Answer = Yes.

My brother uses mine for the NFL.

You need to have access to his online account, and password. And then the first time you access it will register it as an approved device.

I use my IPOD as one device, and the brother's laptop is the other.

I'd say he won't have an online account,he is only just starting using text messages!!
What would I do so,just create one in his name using the home address or do Sky customers have a ID number that I need ?