Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TyroneOnlooker

Just reading the details of the attack in the paper. Absolutely barbaric, fingernails torn off, stabbed, bleach poured over him. I'm maybe a bit naive to this but are these attacks being carried out by so called Sean Quinn supporters? What is the reasoning behind it all? Surely these new owners have safe guarded jobs and bringing prosperity to the area when it otherwise could be a wasteland.
Have the Quinn family spoken out against these attacks previously? The seriousness of the attacks would also lead you to think there is a degree of organisation behind them. It's not carried out by young lads if you know what I mean. Is paramilitary involvement suspected?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: johnnycool on September 19, 2019, 08:33:54 AM
Quote from: trailer on September 19, 2019, 07:48:26 AM
These attacks will only stop dissuade further inward investment. They're counter productive.

I don't get that either.

Are the new owners/directors of this company supposed to give up and let Sean take over? Is that what is hoped for?

Obviously the Quinn family have nothing to do with this attack and previous other ones!

Hmmmm......

RedHand88

Sean Quinn is a  upstanding citizen and a gem in the community... Right??

Dougal Maguire

Listening to a Sunday Times journalist on Radio Ulster this morning. While being careful with his words he said it was a unique and complex issue, specific to this area. Other words like 'dissent republicans' protection payments also were touched upon during the interview.
Careful now

supersarsfields

Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on September 19, 2019, 08:34:04 AM
Just reading the details of the attack in the paper. Absolutely barbaric, fingernails torn off, stabbed, bleach poured over him. I'm maybe a bit naive to this but are these attacks being carried out by so called Sean Quinn supporters? What is the reasoning behind it all? Surely these new owners have safe guarded jobs and bringing prosperity to the area when it otherwise could be a wasteland.
Have the Quinn family spoken out against these attacks previously? The seriousness of the attacks would also lead you to think there is a degree of organisation behind them. It's not carried out by young lads if you know what I mean. Is paramilitary involvement suspected?

The Quinns spoke out about the attacks previously and I believe has done so again regarding this. And was quite clear that he was disgusted at it. While Kevin Lunney and Sean haven't seen eye to eye in recent years, he worked closely with him for 20 odd years prior and would have been very close with Kevin and the family. If it was done with some misguided attempt at vengeance for Sean, it was very wide of the mark and will have done more harm. Disgusting act that would make you wonder what people are capable of.

five points

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 19, 2019, 10:58:10 AM
Other words like 'dissent republicans' protection payments also were touched upon during the interview.
If this is really a thing, how many other border area companies or their executives have been attacked?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: supersarsfields on September 19, 2019, 11:16:58 AM

The Quinns spoke out about the attacks previously and I believe has done so again regarding this. And was quite clear that he was disgusted at it. While Kevin Lunney and Sean haven't seen eye to eye in recent years, he worked closely with him for 20 odd years prior and would have been very close with Kevin and the family. If it was done with some misguided attempt at vengeance for Sean, it was very wide of the mark and will have done more harm. Disgusting act that would make you wonder what people are capable of.

You have to say impartially that it takes a lot for people not to believe that deep in him somewhere, he's happy enough the people that he said stabbed him in the back and treated him like crap (to paraphrase) are getting tortured....now literally. He's made no secret he wants the business back.

supersarsfields

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 19, 2019, 11:37:32 AM
Quote from: supersarsfields on September 19, 2019, 11:16:58 AM

You have to say impartially that it takes a lot for people not to believe that deep in him somewhere, he's happy enough the people that he said stabbed him in the back and treated him like crap (to paraphrase) are getting tortured....now literally. He's made no secret he wants the business back.
People will obviously make their own decisions. But I think it's madness to think that he would get pleasure out of someone he's know for a lifetime getting treated like that. I think most people would be appalled by it. With regards to wanting the business back, that's true and I'm sure he's been working along quietly regarding that. He's smart enough to know this will have a negative effect on that process.

trailer

This isn't reflecting on the Quinns well at all. The people who carried out this and other attacks are doing it for money. Either they're not being paid off or they are being paid to carry them out. There can be no doubt that paramilitaries are involved.

Rossfan

A Solidarity march with Mr Lunney in Derrylin tomorrow per RTÉ News.
Will all those personalities who were supporting the Quinns a few years ago take part?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Quote from: trailer on September 19, 2019, 12:49:41 PM
This isn't reflecting on the Quinns well at all. The people who carried out this and other attacks are doing it for money. Either they're not being paid off or they are being paid to carry them out. There can be no doubt that paramilitaries are involved.
Who's paying these pipers?

trailer

Quote from: Main Street on September 19, 2019, 07:55:54 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 19, 2019, 12:49:41 PM
Who's paying these pipers?

Well they're either being paid or not being paid depending on which side they're on. Typical IRA modus operandi extort and victimise the very community they purport to protect.

Dubh driocht

Quote from: Rossfan on September 19, 2019, 06:29:46 PM
Will all those personalities who were supporting the Quinns a few years ago take part?
Fair question.  Just watched Prime Time.  A brutal attack on a man working for his community .The perpetrators and their supporters bring shame to our country.

Rossfan

Hopefully the awful extreme brutality of this event will bring about an end to the disgusting campaign of intimidation.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

Quote from: Dubh driocht on September 19, 2019, 10:07:37 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 19, 2019, 06:29:46 PM
Fair question.  Just watched Prime Time.  A brutal attack on a man working for his community .The perpetrators and their supporters bring shame to our country.

I would expect the MP, the MLAs and councillors for the area to be in attendance.