Paddy Heaney of the irish news!

Started by culchy1, December 07, 2006, 10:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

They must have fired a load of notes at him to bring him back.

Are sales down? I'd say they're not shifting as much since it's gone up to £1.10.

quit yo jibbajabba

For anyone that enjoyed his reading he has a Train Ststion pg on fb which is decent reading at times. Fitness focussed as he runs a gym now but still entertaining at times

marty34

Quote from: BennyCake on January 27, 2020, 11:00:54 AM
They must have fired a load of notes at him to bring him back.

Are sales down? I'd say they're not shifting as much since it's gone up to £1.10.

Full of ads nowadays and half spreads at that.
Plus half the time it's not even stapled together...cost cutting I'd say.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

quit yo jibbajabba

I refer the honourable gentleman to my post above

APM

Slow start for Paddy - writing about his gym and how his interest in watching spectator sports is waning, taken over it seems by his interest in cycling and fitness. 

He can't just write about Derry, Glen and his complete antipathy to hurling. It can't be a weekly advert for his gym. So what on earth is this column going to be about?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: APM on January 29, 2020, 02:05:45 PM
Slow start for Paddy - writing about his gym and how his interest in watching spectator sports is waning, taken over it seems by his interest in cycling and fitness. 

He can't just write about Derry, Glen and his complete antipathy to hurling. It can't be a weekly advert for his gym. So what on earth is this column going to be about?

Wasn't long ago I read the article there, half assed start to things for Paddy now.

Redhand Santa

Going to be a complete waste of time having him in sports section of paper. Maybe a spot in health and well being or something would have worked. No idea what point of today's article was, why would you want to read someone talk about sport that has no interest in it?

BennyCake

I'm intrigued now. A sports column from someone who doesn't watch much sport. An unusual angle, but modern football and wall to wall coverage makes a lot of us feel like Paddy does. I know it does me. I had sky in a few seasons ago and I found myself heading out for a run rather than sit and watch my team play.

ONeill

Definitely a weird start.

He'd all week to think about it like.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 29, 2020, 08:30:15 PM
Going to be a complete waste of time having him in sports section of paper. Maybe a spot in health and well being or something would have worked. No idea what point of today's article was, why would you want to read someone talk about sport that has no interest in it?

In fairness what sort of GAA article would you expect in January? Eugene McGee used to write a GAA piece every week for the Longford Leader . He said in an interview that he used to write an awful lot of shite especially in winter.
You should reserve judgement at least until there is a stretch in the evenings.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Redhand Santa

Quote from: seafoid on January 30, 2020, 03:48:49 AM

In fairness what sort of GAA article would you expect in January? Eugene McGee used to write a GAA piece every week for the Longford Leader . He said in an interview that he used to write an awful lot of shite especially in winter.

Did you read the article? I'm guessing it isn't going to be a gaa only column given todays was mainly taken up by him talking about running his own gym and cycling. The rest of it was about how he has little interest in watching sport and almost bragging that he forgot to even check the Derry score at the weekend as he has so little interest in it these days. So not sure what kind of sports article is he going to produce on the back of that.

As I said if it's all going to be about his time in the gym and out cycling in the sperrins the health and well being section would be a better fit for his articles.

seafoid

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 30, 2020, 08:17:09 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 30, 2020, 03:48:49 AM

Did you read the article? I'm guessing it isn't going to be a gaa only column given todays was mainly taken up by him talking about running his own gym and cycling. The rest of it was about how he has little interest in watching sport and almost bragging that he forgot to even check the Derry score at the weekend as he has so little interest in it these days. So not sure what kind of sports article is he going to produce on the back of that.

As I said if it's all going to be about his time in the gym and out cycling in the sperrins the health and well being section would be a better fit for his articles.

I don't have a subscription but I am a hoor for decent GAA articles and they are very hard to find this time of the year. He must have some ideas if he wanted to return.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Just remove the irishnews cookies in your browser and you should generally be able to read it. I think the cookie tracks how many times you've been there and if it's over three you need to login/subscribe but if you delete it's reset to zero...

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 30, 2020, 10:14:21 AM
Just remove the irishnews cookies in your browser and you should generally be able to read it. I think the cookie tracks how many times you've been there and if it's over three you need to login/subscribe but if you delete it's reset to zero...

Or you can go incognite mode, that will get you 2/3 articles.