Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Quote from: WT4E on February 07, 2020, 09:06:42 AM
Just thinking wasn't there always a rule in the Tyrone camp that any income earned by a player from various activities e.g. appearances, sessions etc. was all pooled so that everyone got a share of the kitty at the end to prevent the more high profile players making all the loot and others suffering? (Didnt big Sean get into a bit of trouble in this regard?)

If this still applies would Cathal not need to be putting the value into the kitty?

Not sure if that's true or not but it sounds like something that wouldn't work. Like you could have one guy doing 20/30 appearances a year giving up his time and driving round the country and then having to share it with someone who never went near anything.

Maybe if they're asked for a county representative at an event they share it out so everyone gets a turn. I could see that happening.

square_ball

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 07, 2020, 10:03:25 AM
Quote from: square_ball on February 07, 2020, 09:45:26 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 07, 2020, 09:19:30 AM
The picture of McShane as Wolf of Wallstreet.....is that his actual account or someone at it?

Very strange if its him, courting attention.

Yeah it's from his account he took it from that balls.ie page. I don't think there's much wrong with it sure it's a bit of craic. Think 99.9% of people would take it that way.

I agree with your post, but the rumours doing the rounds since you'd think he would want to put out those fires. Not the biggest deal in the world just found it a bit odd.

Yeah fair enough point. You'd wonder where the leak came from. Surely there'd only be a few people that would know about the details.

Any word if he's involved this weekend?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: square_ball on February 07, 2020, 10:58:14 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 07, 2020, 10:03:25 AM
Quote from: square_ball on February 07, 2020, 09:45:26 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 07, 2020, 09:19:30 AM
The picture of McShane as Wolf of Wallstreet.....is that his actual account or someone at it?

Very strange if its him, courting attention.

Yeah it's from his account he took it from that balls.ie page. I don't think there's much wrong with it sure it's a bit of craic. Think 99.9% of people would take it that way.

I agree with your post, but the rumours doing the rounds since you'd think he would want to put out those fires. Not the biggest deal in the world just found it a bit odd.

Yeah fair enough point. You'd wonder where the leak came from. Surely there'd only be a few people that would know about the details.

Any word if he's involved this weekend?

No inside info, but I'd be surprised if Harte doesn't have him in Sunday at the very least from the bench. A loss and with four tough games to come after, better to get a win Sunday.

OurKid 2.0

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 07, 2020, 08:14:13 AM
Wouldn't keystone be an hour away from where he's from?
Think Micky Hartes giving him a lift to work

Jimbop

Farcical that Harte is in the picture with him on Keystone's website. £60k p.a. McShane wouldnt be worth £600 a year. Lad's thick as champ

BIGONE

Yes, £60k for a trainee? Some deal! So, if Matty or Our Peter come to Mickey and say I'm going to live in the states will Mickey provide the same? Dangerous precedent to be setting? No?

Pearse Blue

Quote from: BIGONE on February 07, 2020, 11:36:19 AM
Yes, £60k for a trainee? Some deal! So, if Matty or Our Peter come to Mickey and say I'm going to live in the states will Mickey provide the same? Dangerous precedent to be setting? No?
Mickey is trying to win an All Ireland before he retires.. This fact has just worked extremely well in McShanes case because Mickey knows Tyrone are quite far away from winning it and needs every weapon possible

tiempo

Quote from: Jimbop on February 07, 2020, 11:15:01 AM
Farcical that Harte is in the picture with him on Keystone's website. £60k p.a. McShane wouldnt be worth £600 a year. Lad's thick as champ

Isn't it just. Think Mickey's just jumped the shark, beginning of the end stuff. Not just content to possibly f*k off the rest of the players in the Tyrone camp, but will the Keystone Technical Specifications team all be getting a wage review in line with the market rate for an entry/associate level sales rep joining their team?

Was widely known that Colm Cavanagh with family and work commitments had hung up the boots after last season, only to be coaxed back in, with a few more mouths to feed was he also given a "package" to entice him to stay on? Maybe a newborn nutritional allowance on top of the GPA allowance?

Redhand Santa

The boys on here complaining about McShane getting this job and using it to criticise Harte, would be the same boys that would have been on here complaining about Harte not doing enough to keep him if he'd left. It's great to see a local successful firm helping the people who provide a lot of joy to the county. Fair play to them.

GetOverTheBar

Not really, nobody in the AFL was offering them 40k a year to go and play in Oz.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 07, 2020, 12:02:14 PM
The boys on here complaining about McShane getting this job and using it to criticise Harte, would be the same boys that would have been on here complaining about Harte not doing enough to keep him if he'd left. It's great to see a local successful firm helping the people who provide a lot of joy to the county. Fair play to them.

Losing McShane would have been used as a stick to beat Harte with. Now him staying, will have to do instead.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

Doesn't Donnelly work for PWC? Doubt he's getting paid pittance for that.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

BIGONE

Trainee Accountant? Is he fully qualified? Probably on about half of McShanes reported Salary (which I find hard o believe)

toby47

Quote from: Angelo on February 07, 2020, 12:25:45 PM

Doesn't Donnelly work for PWC? Doubt he's getting paid pittance for that.

Not everyone in PWC is on a big salary lol

stillsenior

Not sure how true it is but heard that media in Australia reckon McShane wouldn't have cut it in AFL and that Brisbane might be glad he didn't sign their contract before he went out for the "trial"